Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well that's not promising at all now is it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What pinball do you have cathal?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78354758
    best €200 I ever spent :eek:
    Its now 100% working (video below), I think I spent a total of about €400-€500 because of the faulty audio board and getting stung on ebay with another faulty one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ibKKlQAdU&feature=share&list=UUUR54lvUJ-T6EGNU0bT8gtg&index=2

I was pretty sure it was you who got that whirlwind, lovely job on it in the end!

But yeah that checkpoint does not sound good, shopping around for pictures of it its not a good sign, could be mint though...who knows :p

Could just be someone who doesn't use the internet asking a friend to list it, there are still some of them out there believe it or not, I know the guy I got mine from wouldn't have dreamed of listing it online, I'd say that thing would have ended up in a skip had I not called in and made an offer on it. I was once offered 2 pinballs (taxi driver and some more recent one involving peter pan theme) for €100 and stupidly never took them due to space, they were owned by a fella who owned a recycling/bin company and I never heard of them since

Ah sure what goes on is shocking, I dont think I need to post the arcade dump picture again haha

Ah I'm mad for one myself now, the Theatre of Magic I used to play in tramore is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

GOG giving away Fallout 1 & 2 free as part of their winter sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Not exactly a bargain, but Muchi Muchi Pork pcb over on AO. €650

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26268&view=unread#unread

• Registered Users Posts: 43 anthonyross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Boxed Conker's Bad Fur Day in that N64 lot!

Virtual boy for me :)
    hopefully an easy fix.
    getting it Wednesday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's usually the connectors to the screen that cause it. You can either use an oven to fix it or do a permanent fix by soldering it instead of relying on the glue that connects it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

urbanledge wrote: »
    Virtual boy for me :)
    hopefully an easy fix.
    getting it Wednesday

Congrats, assuming its fixable enjoy the range of good games, theres around 10 and they're all pretty affordable, or were 6 years ago when I got them.

• Advertisement

Think I just got a fairly good deal on a gamecube lot

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-consoles/4440840

I see Spectres marquee group order is open again over on AO.
    top class work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

PS4's still in stock in Gamestop Navan if folks are interested in that new fangled stuff.

Master of the Universe

I recognize that username, not sure from where though.

Nice condition, but that's one crazy asking price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    I recognize that username, not sure from where though.

Nice condition, but that's one crazy asking price!

Knock 50% off the asking and he's about right.

Master of the Universe

Yeah, €700 would be spot on. Maybe he's open to offers. Sure you won't know if you don't ask :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    Knock 50% off the asking and he's about right.

Agreed. €700 is much closer to the mark. Looks nice though.

Yeah and shes a tri sync,
    Did he have a hand full of jamma boards on adverts before hand maybe?

Master of the Universe

Yeah and shes a tri sync,
    Did he have a hand full of jamma boards on adverts before hand maybe?

AWSDs are tri sync as standard, so any one of them you'll pick up for about €700 will have one - it's definitely not something which should bump the price or anything :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got mine for €350, no CP though.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got mine for €350, no CP though.

You were ripped off, everyone knows the CP is the expensive part! :D

Deal of the century. Jammy man.

Someday I'll find a dream PCB and play it til I snuff it of old age.

Should be any day now.

Must draw up a will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Just while I remember is that arcade in Bettystown worth a visit? Only heard about it the other day. Assuming it's Funtasia? Might give it a punt anyway since I'm already in Dublin over the Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Funtasia is grand, but there is little left in the way of cabs. A lot of cranes and pushers but little in the way of games. Still worth a visit though and the bowling alley is always good craic. :)

• Advertisement

Seen that machine in the flesh and it is very clean with a great display, asking price is silly either ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Master of the Universe

Well this is annoying. NOS Wyvern Wings boards going for £36.00.

But they're in the US and the postage adds on almost another £20! :( thought I'd found a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nos-WYVERN-WINGS-vertical-shooter-JAMMA-arcade-game-pcb-board-/161164898052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25862d2f04

/wow! and an additional $20 at checkout to cover 'import charges'.

That is still a bargain. Snap it up!

Master of the Universe

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    That is still a bargain. Snap it up!

Was contemplating it with the shipping cost alright, but when I saw that added import tax fee at checkout that's totally put me off. Would bring the end price up to about €90.

That new ebay tax thing has really put me off buying anything from the US. :(

€90 for NOS is an utter steal. Pull that damn trigger! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What new ebay tax thing??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Myrddin wrote: »
    What new ebay tax thing??

I think if you buy something from the US you have to buy the import tax straight away, as opposed to taking a gamble at getting stung at the door. ive noticed it myself.. no likey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Well this is annoying. NOS Wyvern Wings boards going for £36.00.

But they're in the US and the postage adds on almost another £20! :( thought I'd found a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nos-WYVERN-WINGS-vertical-shooter-JAMMA-arcade-game-pcb-board-/161164898052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25862d2f04

/wow! and an additional $20 at checkout to cover 'import charges'.

Fairly sure I paid north of €100 for mine a long time ago. Not the greatest of shmups although I haven't put much time into it to be fair.

You're not mixing it up with Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons btw?

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    I think if you buy something from the US you have to buy the import tax straight away, as opposed to taking a gamble at getting stung at the door. ive noticed it myself.. no likey.

Really? How does that work, like does ebay/the seller/paypal send the import duty to the Irish government :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Really? How does that work, like does ebay/the seller/paypal send the import duty to the Irish government :confused:

I dunno the detail behind it, but ive seen it on ebay ads from the states, it will tell you what the import tax is on the main items auction page.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Fairly sure I paid north of €100 for mine a long time ago. Not the greatest of shmups although I haven't put much time into it to be fair.

You're not mixing it up with Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons btw?

I had it on my list (along with Strikers 1945) as I remember you picking them up and saying you got them for decent prices. :)

I think the seller can pay the import duty in advance (maybe they get a duty exempt sticker to put on it then?, not 100% sure)

It's a bizarre practice anyway. Might stop your item being held up, but it means you have no chance of missing customs/tax. Which to be honest, happens on most packages coming from the US.

I think the seller can pay the import duty in advance (maybe they get a duty exempt sticker to put on it then?, not 100% sure)

It's a bizarre practice anyway. Might stop your item being held up, but it means you have no chance of missing customs/tax. Which to be honest, happens on most packages coming from the US.

I see. I had a quick look on Lukiegames ebay shop there, no mention of import duty that I can see...is it optional for sellers?

Master of the Universe

I see. I had a quick look on Lukiegames ebay shop there, no mention of import duty that I can see...is it optional for sellers?

To make matters even confusing - yes! :D

I seem to be getting very unlucky lately where all the US based stuff I want to bid on has this added tax. Have emailed a few sellers and they don't want to remove it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The way it works is that eBay has this global shopping programme in the US where the seller only has to pay domestic shipping to a warehouse and it's then forwarded on, the downside being that it automatically adds on import charges which you might not have to pay if the seller ships directly to you. Lukemorse on youtube did a vid on it as the company that ships the package in seems to repackage the items really badly. I'll link to it later.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had that happen a while ago where the tax was added onto the total before it was even shipped

Its crap...paying tax on, lots of the time, is second hand goods is just bull**** in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Watch it when buying something shipped with PBI , you don't only pay customs in advance but if the seller makes a heavy sturdy package PBI puts it in a lighter one or remove some of the padding inside to save on shipping costs .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwZgcoc_zw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

That's a nice lot there, and for little money, including the console.
    If I didn't already have most of them I'd pick it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's a nice lot there, and for little money, including the console.
    If I didn't already have most of them I'd pick it up!

best part is there not to many sports games.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement