Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It is, and pretty easy to do too. Goes very well with some nicely baked fish.

*Had to come up with something to make it up to Otis after all the sober talk yesterday. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Beer Batter for chips.

1 egg, separated
    Dash of Tabasco sauce
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
    1/2 c. beer or ale
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tbsp. melted butter

Beat egg yolk and beer with dash of Tabasco until well blended. Combine flour, salt and paprika and gradually stir into beer-egg mixture. Continue to stir until batter is smooth. Stir in melted butter. Beat egg white until fluffy and stiff and fold into batter. Dip potato strips into batter and deep fry until done.

*Now I know what's for dinner tonight...

That sounds amazing. I love savoury snacks like those but I'd be the size of a house if I started with all those type of things.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's not that kind of batter! It's very light, you wouldn't really notice anything except an extra crispiness.

Well I'm not that into any sort of chips from regular potato, so it was more that than anything else. I'd have them every so often when I'm out as they seem to be given as a side with so much in Ireland, but I would never go out of my way to eat chips.

Wedges are different though! As is anything from sweet potato!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Macdonalds chips rock my world. That is all.

McDonald's stuff don't count as chips :P:pac:

I'd be particular about chips. They'd have to come from an actual chipper that has good standards. I'd be very meh about most of them.

• Advertisement

McDonald's stuff don't count as chips :P:pac:

I'd be particular about chips. They'd have to come from an actual chipper that has good standards. I'd be very meh about most of them.
    KCs have nice chips - but there's heroin or something in MacDonalds chips - I love them

They're the job when you're hungover too

Nah I'm not into fries, the only stuff I'd like in McDonalds are the chicken burgers or a McFlurry. When I'm hungover, I love a good wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Homemade chips are the best, with steak and bearnaise sauce mmmh:)

Nah I'm not into fries, the only stuff I'd like in McDonalds are the chicken burgers or a McFlurry. When I'm hungover, I love a good wrap.
    Ohhh a hot chicken wrap with garlic mayo, lettuce and cheese is good I'll admit.

I find a good aul chicken and mushroom pie always helps my hangover!

We differ on our tastes on wrap fillings :pac: The Mexicano in Donnybrook Fair is the business.

• Advertisement

We differ on our tastes on wrap fillings :pac: The Mexicano in Donnybrook Fair is the business.
    That's just because you like to be awkward :cool: :pac:

I'm only talking about your local shop Deli - none of this fancy dan mexican places mind :)

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm only talking about your local shop Deli - none of this fancy dan mexican places mind :)

I only eat the finest foods. None of your pauper food from Centra :pac:

Anyway, the Mexicano Wrap has chicken, grated cheddar cheese, taco sauce and peppers. Delish!

I only eat the finest foods. None of your pauper food from Centra :pac:

Anyway, the Mexicano Wrap has chicken, grated cheddar cheese, taco sauce and peppers. Delish!
    I do enjoy peppers....for a pauper like :)

Best wrap in the world is the following:

White wrap, six felafel balls, lashings of houmous, chillis, chilli sauce, red onion, lettuce, and a tiny amount of cheese.
    That is all.

Best wrap in the world is the following:

White wrap, six felafel balls, lashings of houmous, chillis, chilli sauce, red onion, lettuce, and a tiny amount of cheese.
    That is all.
    Needs more cheese imo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Gggrrr someone drank my milk and I really needed a nice cup of tea!

Morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Lol,sucks to be you eh.

:P

Lol,sucks to be you eh.

:P
    Aren't you just lovely :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What can I say,my parents did a great job.:cool:

What can I say,my parents did a great job.:cool:
    They must be so proud :P

• Advertisement

Morning everybody :D
    Back at work after a four-day weekend and I have four days worth of work to get done. Grrrrr

Back at work after a four-day weekend and I have four days worth of work to get done. Grrrrr
    Karma for rubbing your day off and toast in all of our faces yesterday :pac:

It's always the way of it though - take a day off and the workload builds up so much that you wonder if it's worth having taken the day off in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Not having a good tuesday so far :mad:

Karma for rubbing your day off and toast in all of our faces yesterday :pac:

It's always the way of it though - take a day off and the workload builds up so much that you wonder if it's worth having taken the day off in the first place.

Very true. Ah well :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not having a good tuesday so far :mad:

What's up?

What's up?
    Pussycat?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pussycat?

whoaoaoaaoawhoa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after tipping the barber 2 euro, and I'm not even in fantastic humour...
    The hell's going on?!:confused:

I never tip the barber 10 quid is enough for 10 minutes work in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Or 13 sponges in my case, no bloody recession in Galway with those prices!

Panthro wrote: »
    15 where I go but tbf I don't mind paying it - the guy takes his time, gives a great haircut and I figure it's a pint or two less per month worth sacrificing.

hello i am female i pay 50+ for hair cuts

bluewolf wrote: »
    hello i am female i pay 50+ for hair cuts

Yeah but we get ours cut more often than ye do!:pac:

What's up?

Had to sign on at 9.30,so I said i'd work from home 8-9,so then I wake up and i've no internet. ****in UPC.and then we get a bill,except this is 10more than normal because I requested a copy of our last bill,BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT! and now i've to make up the 2hours I missed because they mistakenly asked me to go sign on. AND now i've to have a bad conversation with my boss about my job...stressful day.

Had to sign on at 9.30,so I said i'd work from home 8-9,so then I wake up and i've no internet. ****in UPC.and then we get a bill,except this is 10more than normal because I requested a copy of our last bill,BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT! and now i've to make up the 2hours I missed because they mistakenly asked me to go sign on. AND now i've to have a bad conversation with my boss about my job...stressful day.
    Jésus.....that's a bit rough alright

Plan something for this evening and then you'll have something to look forwards to....like a take away or something - food always makes me happy

• Advertisement

hmm, that connection seems to go quite a lot for ye. Bit of a pain the way you've spent the morning there as well alright.

Dont encourage me to comfort eat paulie! :o:pac:

I'm a negative nelly since the weekend anyway so take no notice :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

What's up?

Go onto the UPC website and register, you can get all your bill electronically. Not much help with the boss but will save you having to go through all that hassle again with UPC in the future.. :(

€22 across the road from me but they give you a beer so that helps :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    €22 across the road from me but they give you a beer so that helps :D
    Getting you locked so you won't realise they've made a mess of your hair - that's smart business right there :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah but we get ours cut more often than ye do!:pac:

The females don't like that logic...we grumble about that behind their backs instead :pac:

My hair grows faster than Usain Bolt runs.

I would do that TP but its a shared apartment so don't think that'd work.i'll check it out though.

Paulie meant to ask,does it make much difference to use fusilli pasta instead of tagliatelle? I know to the taste it probably wouldn't but sometimes the shape does make a difference. Was going to make it tonight but forgot to take out the chicken :o

how often do ye get it done so

At least once a month. I normally get it shorter than I actually like it so I can last a bit longer. That sounds dirty....

If I had something on like a graduation I'd get it cut to the level I actually like it.

Paulie meant to ask,does it make much difference to use fusilli pasta instead of tagliatelle? I know to the taste it probably wouldn't but sometimes the shape does make a difference. Was going to make it tonight but forgot to take out the chicken :o

You don't need chicken believe me - made it last night - a pack of bacon and a good few mushrooms and you're good - there'll be enough there to stuff two people because the sauce is heavy.

Turned out much better last night anyway, the sauce was thicker, pasta was better cooked and I put more garlic & Parmesan into the sauce to give it more flavor - was really good.

The pasta certainly wouldn't make a difference to me anyway so you should be fine. I think why people use tag is so you can wrap it around the fork and encapsulate bacon and mushroom with it - can't do that with Fusilli - although I do love fusilli at the same time

Around once a month - and even then that's because I'm growing my hair a bit atm - I only get it thinned and tidied up a bit - would be every three weeks if I was keeping my hair short because it grows back quite fast.

Thanks paulie but i'm a savage,i'll need the chicken :o not in the mood to cook now anyway.have to ring and abuse some upc staff member when I get home.

Thanks paulie but i'm a savage,i'll need the chicken :o not in the mood to cook now anyway.have to ring and abuse some upc staff member when I get home.
    Be gentle with them :) It'll only take 30mins or so Sun so g'wan don't be gettin lazy!1 :)

Only had one sandwich for lunch too,so dont have the energy to cook. I'll go easy on them,just firm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I have an interview tomorrow, now I'm nervous:o
    I hate trying to pick clothes out for an interview, I'll just try to cover up as much as possible I guess....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement