Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

that was quick paul thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

My internet is not working. Is the server down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Galego wrote: »
    My internet is not working. Is the server down?

Hi there

No internet should be fine. Can you please check your data settings? If you have a proxy value set then please remove it - this could be the source of the issue.

If you are not sure how to do this then please just reapply your settings following the instructions here.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

After completion restart your phone.

Please note our location on boards for customer queries is our Talk to forum below

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1542

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kyle245

Hi just wondering is it possible to keep my existing number from one sim to m new one. Using the online keep my number, I get an error

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dreadfist

Hi, reading this thread I noticed some older messages stating that to have a data bundle add-on on a Capped Monthly plan one must top up additionally.
    I've just had a chat with a tescomobile representative who stated the contrary. Does anybody have some up to date info on this?

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    nfo: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    info: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    info: You are now chatting with Pat.
    Pat: Hi. How can I help you today?
    You: hi
    You: could you tell me what is "flexcredit"?
    Pat: See here for more information on this type of plan.
    You: I looked there
    You: It only says you get x amount of flexcredit
    Pat: It is a bill pay plan that also allows you to top up yourself.
    You: but it doesn't say what flexcredit is
    You: ok, so I get billed €10 and I get €30 flexcredit
    Pat: If you were on the 30e flex credit plan you would pay 10 e by direct debit every moth and receive 30e credit.
    You: can I buy a data addon with this credit or call EU numbers?
    Pat: You can then use this credit in whatever way you wish - calls/texts/data.
    Pat: You also have the option to top up if you use up this credit.
    Pat: Yes you can.
    You: there is a small print which I just saw now at the bottom of that page:
    You: Please note: flexible credit cannot be used for roaming, international calls, premium rate numbers and purchasing any add on bundles. You must top up to access these services.
    Pat: This is the 20 euro bonus of your 30e credit.
    You: so can I buy a data addon with that credit or I must top up by €5 additionally?
    You: oh, so I can use €10 to buy the addon or call abroad and the €20 up to the total of €30 can only be used for domestic calls/texts?
    Pat: The 10e you pay goes into your main balance. This can be used to purchase add on's or to make international calls/texts.
    Pat: The 20e "bonus" can only be used for local calls/texts.
    Pat: That is correct.
    You: I am sorry for being paranoid, but I must be very sure. The note at the bottom clearly says "Subscription amount cannot be used as credit."
    You: My understanding is that "subscription amount" is the €10 which I pay monthly and which I CANNOT use as credit.
    Pat: This refers to the 20e "bonus" credit you receive. It cannot be used as main credit.
    You: And for that €10 subscription I get €30 flexcredit which cannot be used to buy addons (ie a data addon).
    Pat: No.
    You: ok, I will save this chat for future reference in case thing won't go as you say when I will move my number to this plan :)
    You: one more question:
    You: how do I move from pay as you go to this capped monthly?
    You: the website only allows me to ask for a new number.
    Pat: You need to apply for this plan by filling out the application form here. When you receive your new sim we can then move your existing number over.
    You: even if I am already a tescomobile customer?
    Pat: Yes. The capped plan is a bill pay plan and you will have to fill out the application form and be approved for this plan.
    You: OK, I understand.
    You: Thank you.
    You: Is there a minimum contract?
    Pat: You can exit this plan at anytime you wish.
    You: Great. Thanks for your help. Have a good day!
    Pat: We would then switch you back to pay as you go at your next billing cycle date.
    You: OK
    Pat: Thanks for chatting with me today. Please click here to answer a few questions about your experience with us today. Have a good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    I've just moved to France and I would still like to keep my Irish number active in case I need to receive SMS messages etc. What is the minimum I have to top up in terms of time to keep it active? I topped up last on the 16th of August.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

If I cancelled my account with 3 and it ended today and my Tesco bill pay phone has not arrived yet will I still be able to port my old number even if I can't receive calls or texts on the old number?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No, you need to be able to receive a confirmation text / call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thinking of picking up a prepay Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. Does anyone know if this phone will be locked to the Tesco network, or unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Did you end up getting the phone ?

Wondering same , are they locked

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sasha_Dub

HI All, looking to pickup a xiomi phone from Tesco today. Wondering if it will be locked.If anyone has recently bought a prepay phone from tesco could you please advise? Many thanks

Advertisement