Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Does Flesky do swiping? I'm another die hard Swype user, but do have my issues with it. I keep trying other keyboards but always end up back with Swype for the Swype key+c and v gestures

Key features... Please explain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

you press the squiggly button thing in the bottom left as a sort of "function" or "control" key and that provides combinations for stuff like copy and paste, symbols, arrows, text selection boxes, etc.

squiggly plus c = copy.
    squggly plus x = cut
    squiggly plus v = paste.

It's invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Key features... Please explain

Swipe from Swype key to c copies, swipe from Swype key to v pastes, swipe from the Swype key to x cuts just like the ctrl+c, ctrl+v and ctrl+x on a pc. It's an awesome feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Swipe from Swype key to c copies, swipe from Swype key to v pastes, swipe from the Swype key to x cuts just like the ctrl+c, ctrl+v and ctrl+x on a pc. It's an awesome feature.

Damn misread your post. I use SwiftKey

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    That does sound so handy.

It's more than handy, it's a show stopper, it's what keeps bringing me back to Swype even though lots of keyboards have now added decent swiping action. Swype is good, but it's prediction and error correction features are not that great. If Swiftkey added these features they'd deffo win me over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I don't like swiping on my tablet and have been using Fleksy on that for a long time. When I got my oneplus I moved from swipe to Fleksy on it also. I loved swiping but found it difficult to reach the far end of the screen.

I never got SwiftKey the few times I tried it, just didn't work as well for me as swype did. Fleksy is excelent to

Ok, tried Flesky, looks good but I don't like it, I don't like tapping at all now I've been swiping a few years, find it awkward. My never-ending quest for the perfect keyboard goes on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok, tried Flesky, looks good but I don't like it, I don't like tapping at all now I've been swiping a few years, find it awkward. My never-ending quest for the perfect keyboard goes on.....

Fleksy as a swipe keyboard would seal the deal for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dolphin browser is really jumpy for me. I switched from Chrome as I found it jumpy, slow and laggy but I'm having exactly the same experience with Dolphin, even with the jet pack installed.

Anyone else experienced this? What's another good browser to try?

I had problems with Dolphin after the 5.1 update on my Nexus 5. I switched to Boat browser & I like it.

toby2111 wrote: »
    I use Textra instead of the stock messaging on my z3. Got a text saying that I can still use the app(with ads) or upgrade to pro (which I presume I'll have to pay for). Gonna switch messaging apps so what do people recommend? Textra was quite good but don't think I'm gonna pay to use it now.

It's only €1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jozi wrote: »
    Fleksy as a swipe keyboard would seal the deal for me

I'm trying Fleksy for a while to see how I get on. Like you said, swipe keyboard would seal it for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Discodog wrote: »
    It's only €1 :)

Sometimes I do find it funny the way some people will switch app's because one they really like now costs €1. To put it into context you may have that app for a couple of years and it's cheaper than a bar of chocolate which will last 5-10 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I didn't like Fleksy at all. Tried it for a week, and just couldn't take to it at all. The predictive replacements really did my head in. Maybe i'm just too conditioned to using Swiftkey!

Sometimes I do find it funny the way some people will switch app's because one they really like now costs €1. To put it into context you may have that app for a couple of years and it's cheaper than a bar of chocolate which will last 5-10 mins.

I agree especially with an app that performs well & is frequently improved.

Balls.

Really wanted rtype 2 at the discount!

Discounted again....19cents!
    Mr E wrote: »

All these on sale again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Can someone recommend me a good app to listen to BBC Radio on my Samsung phone, please? Tune In Radio only seems to work via wifi and a lot of them seem to be the same.

Any ideas? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

BandMember wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a good app to listen to BBC Radio on my Samsung phone, please? Tune In Radio only seems to work via wifi and a lot of them seem to be the same.

Any ideas? :)

I use Tunein on my Note 4 on my data.

I use Tunein on my Note 4 on my data.

Really? All I seem to get is constant buffering on my Samsung if I use it on my data.... :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Probably your mobile connection. Do you have 3G/4G selected in the settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Definitely not a TuneIn issue, I use TuneIn for BBC and Talksport in my car up and down the M50 almost every day - on Data 4G with Vodafone and 3.

I don't have 4G - I'm on the old 02 coverage. How would I set up my phone to use this add on best so? Sorry, total technological idiot here! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Might depend on your area, if it is constantly buffering it would seem like TuneIn is set up to use data alright.

where are you?

Dublin, but no matter where I go it's still the same....

Dublin, but no matter where I go it's still the same....

Budget phone?

I wish! It's a Samsung S4 Mini bought in an 02 store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A budget phone at a near flagship price! Are you on a 4G plan? You should be able to manage with 3G or HSPDA though. You're with O2 I take it? What letter is shown above your Signal Bar when you're on data?

That's a budget phone, the mini has no parts in common with the S4, just uses its good name. Has v weak dual core processor and barely enough ram

• Advertisement

A budget phone at a near flagship price! Are you on a 4G plan? You should be able to manage with 3G or HSPDA though. You're with O2 I take it? What letter is shown above your Signal Bar when you're on data?

No, not on a 4G plan. I don't think anyone on the 02 network has 4G. Yet. Actually, I don't think I've ever got 3G or HSPDA either - There's generally nothing beside the arrows when I use data, not that I've noticed anyway... Maybe occasionally there might be a H?

That's a budget phone, the mini has no parts in common with the S4, just uses its good name. Has v weak dual core processor and barely enough ram

Ah. I did not know that. So, would an S5 mini or S6 be the same? I ask because I like the Samsung phones and don't want to go with an iPhone. I'm due an upgrade so maybe I should look into getting a better one?

Ah. I did not know that. So, would an S5 mini or S6 be the same? I ask because I like the Samsung phones and don't want to go with an iPhone. I'm due an upgrade so maybe I should look into getting a better one?

Yes, exactly the sane, the Samsung minis are not great value. Check out the Sony z3 compact which is high end but smaller screen, has quad core CPU and 2GB ram

Sony make the best Minis in the Western Market. HTCs are okay too. If you're getting H then you should be able to use TuneIn fine on that. There should be a letter if you're connected though?

Had a Sony before and didn't like it at all to be honest. Would the normal S6 be ok?

By the way, sorry for hijacking/diverting the thread with my stupid questions! :(

Sony make the best Minis in the Western Market. HTCs are okay too. If you're getting H then you should be able to use TuneIn fine on that. There should be a letter if you're connected though?

Thanks for your reply. I may only rarely get an H though - I mean, even right in the middle of Dublin, I can't get anything but buffering!

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. I may only rarely get an H though - I mean, even right in the middle of Dublin, I can't get anything but buffering!

I can get it fairly handy in the are end of Leitrim now, and we're not technologically advanced down these parts :pac: I'd have a talk with 02 about that, doesn't sound right at all.

Yeah, I think I'll give them a shout tomorrow - sounds like it's my phone rather than the app.

Thanks again for all your help guys, much appreciated! :)

While I'm in the thread, are there any decent YouTube apps that still work with their new protocol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Having said that I find tune in cuts out every now and again even on wifi. It's not as good as it once was!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Having said that I find tune in cuts out every now and again even on wifi. It's not as good as it once was!

Would you have a back up suggestion? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would you have a back up suggestion? :D

I'd still use tunein but radio fm looks decent!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

While you're on the tune in radio topic guys, if anyone uses tune in to purely listen to Irish Radio stations then I'd recommend getting the Irish Radio Player App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.radioplayer.android it is one of the best designed and user friendly apps that I've used.
    Also it supports wearables and the battery consumption compared to tunein is minimal.
    On my 45 minute walk to work tunein would use 16% battery and buffer in the same two places every morning, now with the Irish Radio app it only uses 3% battery and no buffering.

Thanks. Tried it but none of stations I tried worked - kept saying "Station is unavailable at the moment". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm trying Fleksy for a while to see how I get on. Like you said, swipe keyboard would seal it for me too.

Deleted fleksy. Swyping is just so much quicker so I've gone back to swiftkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MrBinbetweener

can anyone recommend a good mp3 music download app for androids?...also my screen is cracked on the corner of my samsung s4.. any decent places in town can fix it? If so whats the estimated cost

can anyone recommend a good mp3 music download app for androids?...also my screen is cracked on the corner of my samsung s4.. any decent places in town can fix it? If so whats the estimated cost

Which town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

NeuroNation is an excellent free brain training app. Lots of different mini exercises, and really well-designed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Microsoft's cool new Hyperlapse technology has its beta app out now to try
    To get it:

1. Join this community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107281233348849000203

2. Become tester by visiting following link – http://aka.ms/previewhyperlapse

3. Wait for 10 minutes to 2 hours as the Google Play Store takes time to replicate permissions, then click above link and follow the download link to install apps directly from the Google Play Store.

My device isn't compatible... I have a Samsung Galaxy s4

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement