Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Guess who forgot to pay his M50 toll again. This guy! Don't think I've ever managed to do it by the next day :pac:

Been there. :o

As you're driving through you're thinking "Ofcourse I'll remember" and then the next thing you know is getting the letter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Guess who forgot to pay his M50 toll again. This guy! Don't think I've ever managed to do it by the next day :pac:

My record is 5 in a row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

OSI wrote:
    Was home at the weekend, and was chatting to my Dad who is looking to move on from his 2012 A6. Was expecting him to say he'd move on to an A7 which he's been eyeballing for a while, or maybe even a Jag

Nope. Wants a Mustang. In triple yellow. Like this one:

Apparently they're not taking orders till April, and not expecting delivery till September which is a while to wait. But will be so worth it

Just looking through the first few pages of this thread (time for a new one methinks)

Stumbled across this post. Did this ever materialise OSI, or did things change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

GvidoR wrote: »
    Been there. :o

As you're driving through you're thinking "Ofcourse I'll remember" and then the next thing you know is getting the letter. :rolleyes:

I forgot, then moved house... was reminded by other people talking several months later. Panic!!!! Thought I'd have to get a mortgage to pay them.

Turns out the previous owner of my car had credit on that number plate still. Lucky!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@ OSI - try these dudes in the UK. Will save on shipping / customs. Tell them you're in a car club and they'll give you a discount.

Very good to deal with.

http://www.northhantstyres.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I was looking to get brake discs for the 335 from a US site a few years ago. The cost of shipping exceeded the cost of the discs. I think it would cost an absolute fortune if your dad were to import wheels from the US.

Wheels aren't tooooo bad. Try importing rear leaf springs. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I wouldn't even attempt to remember to pay it. Account all the way even do I probably don't go through it 10 times in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

:D a big Package arrived at my house, Id say they are my wheels. Will have to wait until after work to know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

:D a big Package arrived at my house, Id say they are my wheels. Will have to wait until after work to know for sure.

Only car people know how much that kind of a wait hurts and drags out :(

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    The 50c a month is worth the tag just to be able to pop into the express lane and back out and up to 160 120 again before the rest have even come to a stop at the change booth.

M50 change booth?

Augeo wrote: »
    M50 change booth?

Pretty sure he didn't mean the '50.

Pretty sure you know that.

Big Nasty wrote:
    Pretty sure he didn't mean the '50.

Is there no change given on the M50?

Is there no change given on the M50?

Sure there is.

You pay in a shop and they'll give you your change. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Wheels aren't tooooo bad. Try importing rear leaf springs. :eek:

Just find an oxcart and off ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Importing leaf springs for a transit. Heard it all now.

Interslice wrote: »
    Importing leaf springs for a transit. Heard it all now.

Who did that? :eek:

2015 Suzuki Mehran comes with leaf springs. :P

280px-Suzuki_Mehran_2012.jpeg

What's the difference between that and a 25 y/o Alto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Big Nasty wrote: »
    What's the difference between that and a 25 y/o Alto?
    Manufacturing date.

GvidoR wrote: »
    2015 Suzuki Mehran comes with leaf springs. :P

Sure leaf springs are fine we had them on an Ifor Williams twin axle trailer and they were grand :pac:

Does it even have brake gallopers drums no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I want ladder chassis, live rear axle, drum brakes and leaf springs. Only the finest!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You know you can pay it in advance now?
    The 50c a month is worth the tag just to be able to pop into the express lane and back out and up to 160 120 again before the rest have even come to a stop at the change booth.

Ah yes the express lane :) The work of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone know if the eFlow tag works if you keep the tag in the glovebox?

They do not. I even tried keeping it in the sunglasses holder, no dice.

Ah I was hoping I wouldn't need to squeeze it in beside the dashcam along with the NCT, tax, insrance discs and N-plates.

• Advertisement

Pov06 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the eFlow tag works if you keep the tag in the glovebox?

If it does not then the cameras pick up your reg, contact eflow to check if you have an account and charge your account, I have been doing this for 3 years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If it does not then the cameras pick up your reg, contact eflow to check if you have an account and charge your account, I have been doing this for 3 years.

Is that not just the M50?

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that not just the M50?

Are we not talking just the M50, otherwise I just throw the tag on the passenger seat and it works.

They do not. I even tried keeping it in the sunglasses holder, no dice.

It depends. My tag worked in my Passat glovebox and didn't in my van glovebox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

It depends. My tag worked in my Passat glovebox and didn't in my van glovebox.

Must try that sometime. and see if my account is still charged if it doesnt beep.

• Advertisement

There was an AE86 meeting event in modello park today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Huh I think my subscriptions went wonky there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

A bit unusual to have a meeting early in the day no ?

lol, Since its in mondello park I would say its more an official meet and less drift around at night type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

is1MeJ0.jpg

^^^^For some reason I read that with a Big Brother Geordie accent.

It's tiny tbf. Mine is stuck behind the mirror and is small enough that I can't see it sitting there. Just make sure you don't block the auto-dimming light sensor and spend weeks cursing being blinded like I did first time.

Auto-dimming light sensor? I don't even have ABS :rolleyes:

I have to say I miss my auto dimming rear view mirror, and auto lights and wipers.

CIP4 wrote: »
    I have to say I miss my auto dimming rear view mirror, and auto lights and wipers.

You must be the person driving at night with your lights off and wipers off in rain that I see often :pac:

Pov06 wrote: »
    You must be the person driving at night with your lights off and wipers off in rain that I see often :pac:

Ah sure it's grand car has drl's so there is no need to use lights anyway sure there on all the time why would you be putting on dipped headlights :pac:

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    Ah sure it's grand car has drl's so there is no need to use lights anyway sure there on all the time why would you be putting on dipped headlights :pac:

You must be a Garda too :pac::pac::pac:

morritty wrote: »
    Must try that sometime. and see if my account is still charged if it doesnt beep.

Mine doesn't beep anymore on the M50, it's a new tag
    Are we not talking just the M50, otherwise I just throw the tag on the passenger seat and it works.

Ah right thought it was all of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Auto Dimming Mirrors, Auto Climate and Cruise Control, so damn good, makes long distance driving a doddle.

Anyone know how do you go about using an 8 seater Transporter as a family car?

Do you have to tax it privately and use commercial insurance?

Ohh new thread! Where are all the thanks gone though? The post about the only difference being the manufacturing date had a load of thanks, they are all gone now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's apparently world AE86 day

It's apparently world AE86 day

Was that not yesterday being August the 6th?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Anyone else get pulled in by a Custom officer in an Opel Insignia hatchback that looks like a Garda car?

I was driving a UK reg car and They must have been following me for a while until I parked up at a Spar.

Luckily I had all my documents in order including my shipping ticket from 2 weeks ago and my motor trader docs.

I wonder how they decide to stop UK reg cars? It wouldn't really that welcoming for a UK holiday maker that brought their car over for the holiday.

Also, anyone know what would happen if thi gs weren't in order?

Ohh new thread! Where are all the thanks gone though? The post about the only difference being the manufacturing date had a load of thanks, they are all gone now :confused:

Illuminati!

illuminati-eye-of-providence-Long-Sleeve-Shirts.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Anyone else get pulled in by a Custom officer in an Opel Insignia hatchback that looks like a Garda car?

I was driving a UK reg car and They must have been following me for a while until I parked up at a Spar.

Luckily I had all my documents in order including my shipping ticket from 2 weeks ago and my motor trader docs.

I wonder how they decide to stop UK reg cars? It wouldn't really that welcoming for a UK holiday maker that brought their car over for the holiday.

Also, anyone know what would happen if thi gs weren't in order?

They will have been watching you for a while.

Odd to be sopped outside a shop like thatt though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement