Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's a bit extreme!

I go this way....

juOyFI7.jpg

Turn off at Scarawalsh Roundabout onto the N80 and take the first left, follow the signs for Monart Spa and take a left at the entrance to it then swing right just on the turn at Doyles Pub (The Still) and in 500 yards you are on the N30 after bypassing Enniscorthy altogether.

For anyone heading to Wexford,take the left turn before Scarawalsh Bridge and follow the road on and keep right following the river and you'll end up in Templeshannon,you might get held up there for 2 or 3 minutes compared to the 45-60 minutes on the N11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When's E t finishing of this project?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭blindsider

zerks wrote: »
    Turn off at Scarawalsh Roundabout onto the N80 and take the first left, follow the signs for Monart Spa and take a left at the entrance to it then swing right just on the turn at Doyles Pub (The Still) and in 500 yards you are on the N30 after bypassing Enniscorthy altogether.

For anyone heading to Wexford,take the left turn before Scarawalsh Bridge and follow the road on and keep right following the river and you'll end up in Templeshannon,you might get held up there for 2 or 3 minutes compared to the 45-60 minutes on the N11.

When you get to the 'German roundabout' (Lidl/Aldi), take the 1st exit. Follow your nose for 2-3km and it takes you, via a slightly more direct route, to the Still.

As well as being a shorter route, you miss traffic at the Vocational School and the right turn at The Still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Patww79 wrote: »
    Might not be too bad heading down but I prefer to avoid the town altogether on the way back up from Wexford, especially so as not to go near this absolute free-for-all.

wwdq2o.jpg

That free for all as you call it could be very easily solved if everyone only had to give way to the right. Traffic coming down from spring valley having to stop and give way to traffic approaching from the left is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    When you get to the 'German roundabout' (Lidl/Aldi), take the 1st exit. Follow your nose for 2-3km and it takes you, via a slightly more direct route, to the Still.

As well as being a shorter route, you miss traffic at the Vocational School and the right turn at The Still.

I meant the road from Scarawalsh to the end of Milehouse,through Coolnahorna-you avoid the town altogether,especially the free for all outside St.Aidans school.Plus you get a birds eye view of the new site compound,that's where I took the photo I posted of it from.

vicwatson wrote: »
    When's E t finishing of this project?

3 Years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭blindsider

I meant the road from Scarawalsh to the end of Milehouse,through Coolnahorna-you avoid the town altogether,especially the free for all outside St.Aidans school.Plus you get a birds eye view of the new site compound,that's where I took the photo I posted of it from.

Ahhh - gotcha.....hat'd be the way to go alright.

Patww79 wrote: »

That bridge is going,new one to be built just past the Riverside Hotel.Part of the new flood defence plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

From The People

County Manager Tom Enright said he received approval from Transport Infrastructure Ireland that the project could proceed beyond Oylegate.

Mr Enright said a 200 metre wide corridor will be built east of Oylegate, adding that it is unlikely to be completed until after the bypass is finished.
    ‘We have to CPO the lands and go to tender for the contractor..."

That bridge is going,new one to be built just past the Riverside Hotel.Part of the new flood defence plan.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one zerks. I think Enniscorthy will see many a flood before anythings done.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

jd wrote: »
    From The People

I wonder will that be motorway also. Makes sense to keep it the same standard (future-proofing etc..), and did it mention how long that additional section would be?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    I wonder will that be motorway also. Makes sense to keep it the same standard (future-proofing etc..), and did it mention how long that additional section would be?:D

I think the original Oilgate-Rosslare plan was 2+2 dual carriageway. Traffic levels aren't that high beyond Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

loyatemu wrote: »
    I think the original Oilgate-Rosslare plan was 2+2 dual carriageway. Traffic levels aren't that high beyond Enniscorthy.

But if you are putting in 2+2 as per a previous design, why not continue the motorway standard? The E-01 i think has to eventually be motorway anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

loyatemu wrote: »

I stand open to correction on this but I suspect traffic levels are higher past Oilgate than they are/will be on sections of several motorways...M18/M17 maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

13042 AADT in 2015 which was a ~5% growth on 2014, 2016 guessed figures are worthless this far in to the year.

Sections of the M9 are just over 10k.

loyatemu wrote:

The design wasn't finalised before the project was suspended. It could be all motorway, or for example motorway as far as the first Wexford exit and then 2+2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    But if you are putting in 2+2 as per a previous design, why not continue the motorway standard? The E-01 i think has to eventually be motorway anyway?
    The UN impose no obligation on any state to ban bikes and tractors.... ;)

There's 3/4 non motorway sections on the route, which have been upgraded to not-motorway status
    N11 Newtownmountkennedy to Bray
    N1 Dundalk to Armagh & A1 Louth to Lisburn
    A12 Westlink

jd wrote: »
    The design wasn't finalised before the project was suspended. It could be all motorway, or for example motorway as far as the first Wexford exit and then 2+2.

The route corridor was finalised though right?

• Advertisement

300 meter corridor, but not beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Project website is launched, I'm not sure if anyone already posted:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/

They already published Q1 newsletter:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/01-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-Print.pdf

Not much on those sites yet, I would like them to post some more detail maps.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Geogregor wrote: »
    Project website is launched, I'm not sure if anyone already posted:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/

They already published Q1 newsletter:
    http://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/01-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-Print.pdf

Not much on those sites yet, I would like them to post some more detail maps.
    Cheers for the link Geogregor.

No mention of the Oilgate bypass section.

Only being done after this project is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Motorways rob people though, surely locals will be out campaigning against its construction.

Motorways rob people though, surely locals will be out campaigning against its construction.

???
    Is it some drunken statement or some Irish joke which, as a foreigner, I don't get?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Geogregor wrote: »
    ???
    Is it some drunken statement or some Irish joke which, as a foreigner, I don't get?

Enda Kenny last week said that motorways were partly responsible for the rise in rural crime and robberies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

marno21 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny last week said that motorways were partly responsible for the rise in rural crime and robberies.
    Enda Kenny says a lot of things. Some of them even don't get him in trouble. :P

Falcon L wrote: »
    Enda Kenny says a lot of things. Some of them even don't get him in trouble. :P

When he tries to sound like Martin Luther King it makes me laugh, he's such a cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: This is not the politics forum. Mentioning politicians as above will receive bans. On topic please.

The time for campaigning is over, there was a process completed. Now it's construction time

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭VR6

Any pics of progress to date anyone ?

I guess they are only starting to put fences up and clear the site at this stage, but it would still be nice to see some physical evidence, however small, that construction has finally begun.

Zerks posted a pic of the compound a bit back

Edit at least I thought he did, saw it somewhere by them, thought it was here

vicwatson wrote: »
    Zerks posted a pic of the compound a bit back

Edit at least I thought he did, saw it somewhere by them, thought it was here

There is also a small picture of their compound under construction in their first newsletter which I posted a few posts ago:

Also, someone added Enniscorthy Bypass as under construction on the OpenStreetMap. Any of you guys?

BAM looking for a site agent for structures: http://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/Micro/JobDetails.aspx?&mid=YUGTGT&sid=BEVCXB&jid=UGTEVGTBAZ&site=Bam+Contractors&a=uPz77yoH8jU%253d&b=idM8oAW8i0A%253d

Some new marking out done on the site of the new bridge on the link road.There's corn sowed in the field so I wonder if it'll be harvested before work there begins.

• Advertisement

I signs for a work site being put up out in Monart on the Kiltealy road.

jca wrote: »
    I signs for a work site being put up out in Monart on the Kiltealy road.

More at Finchogue at turn off for Blackwater/Ballagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

has there been any agreement on who's doing the earthworks

busyatwork wrote: »
    has there been any agreement on who's doing the earthworks

Same crews that did the works in Wicklow.Due to start this month according to reports.

Same crews that did the works in Wicklow.Due to start this month according to reports.

wills bros they will be doing well to have it started this month and still having to get the m17 done

• Advertisement

busyatwork wrote: »
    wills bros they will be doing well to have it started this month and still having to get the m17 done

Would be great if Wills could hire more knowing they could be guaranteed other major projects after.

marno21 wrote: »
    Would be great if Wills could hire more knowing they could be guaranteed other major projects after.

wills can hire all they want as long as ya don't mind being told its raining or stay at home for a few months.sure they nearly put any subcontractor working for them out of business there a disaster
    hopefully they don't get it. a good company like roadbridge is the best for the job and best for the local people there and any subcontractors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭onrail

Does anyone know how the earthworks balance is working out on this one?

Could do with filling a few (substantial) holes on the land...

onrail wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the earthworks balance is working out on this one?

Could do with filling a few (substantial) holes on the land...

It's actually not too bad,perhaps near Scarawalsh as the link road will follow the contour of the valley along the Slaney plus there is a steep slope to where the new bridge crosses the Slaney.A lot of digging may need to be done there.

The N30 Mainline will need some earth moved in parts too as the road climbs from the valley at Scarawalsh to Monart/Milehouse road.

I'm not sure of the lie of the land nearer to the tie in with the Gorey Bypass but the land south of that is fairly flat.

Transport 21 is written on those drawings :eek: Thought that was dead as a dodo !!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but say, for example I'm in bellefield and want to go to Dublin using the bypass, how do I get on to it? Out to sacrawalsh(clovass), on to the link road back to Ballydawmore and then on to the super-highway? or out the Kiltealy road(monart), back to clovass, back to Ballydawmore and then on to the road to heaven? It all seems very long-winded to me, I know it'll effectively wipe Enniscorthy off the map but even the odd scalder wants to head to the big schmokee every now and again especially now that the boom is back(allegedly). Sure there's nothing like leaving at 4 in the morning in January for €75-100 a day, nothing like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

jca wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but say, for example I'm in bellefield and want to go to Dublin using the bypass, how do I get on to it? Out to sacrawalsh(clovass), on to the link road back to Ballydawmore and then on to the super-highway? or out the Kiltealy road(monart), back to clovass, back to Ballydawmore and then on to the road to heaven? It all seems very long-winded to me, I know it'll effectively wipe Enniscorthy off the map but even the odd scalder wants to head to the big schmokee every now and again especially now that the boom is back(allegedly). Sure there's nothing like leaving at 4 in the morning in January for €75-100 a day, nothing like it...

Quickest way in/out of enniscorrhy to from dublin will be out the oulart road to finshogue roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

• Advertisement
Advertisement