Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humans - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

yes, to all intents and purposes Leo is a synth too, Max was able to charge him in the bathroom after he collapsed.

I think Mia/Anita is an ex-human too. And probably Max, the blonde and the other black guy who's captured.

The show is called "Humans" isn't it.

I think you are running away with yourself there. Leo is a cyborg at most. Mia is a synth but with, I think, downloaded human memory.

Leo's got blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There was a very advanced first batch produced. As William Hurt said "going in a direction I didn't agree with". Some have escaped and are being hunted by those aware of this. Obviously downgraded versions were released to the general population in stages ("upgrades" cost extra).
    Hurt is against the things being self-aware because he knew damned well what we're capable of and has been proven right. His toy muppet is just that - a pet that he has anthropomorphised. Now he has seen the code of the real deal - a human bot. When he gets together with the bot cop we'll have sparks.
    btw kudos to the actress playing the cop - I didn't know if she was just an incredibly bad actress playing a cop or a really good one playing a bot. Her eye movements were the give. If anyone is doing a rewatch, watch her blinking. Even from the top of ep.1 , she's timing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Laura: Get out! Get out! How could you?! Having sex with a machine! It's disgusting!

Several hours later...

Laura: Now where did I put that vibrator?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Laura: Get out! Get out! How could you?! Having sex with a machine! It's disgusting!

Several hours later...

Laura: Now where did I put that vibrator?
    The vibrator doesn't tuck their kids into bed and cook them dinner though. Anyone who thinks what he did wasn't cheating is deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

This is the second man ordered out of the family home so far in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

phasers wrote: »
    The vibrator doesn't tuck their kids into bed and cook them dinner though. Anyone who thinks what he did wasn't cheating is deluded.

What does tucking kids into bed and cooking meals matter? It's still a machine.

I would say anyone who thinks it's cheating is deluded. I'm siding with the husband on this one: it's just a highly advanced sex toy. This is why the manufacturer gives it an adult option for primary users.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

He obviously felt very weird, and ashamed, about it, and tried to cover it up - how he felt and acted regarding it says more about the act than the act itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm with the husband tbh on this one. Laura is colder than a polar bear at the North Pole in the middle of winter and the whole thing arose out of his suspicion that she was away to meet up with Tom, whoever Tom is! He wasn't right entirely however there is a difference between dipping your wick in a machine and another human lady. Anita may cook, clean and tuck the kids in but she's still a machine. Personally I was more freaked out at the time with the concept of the hubby having sex with a machine than if he'd got it on with another human.

I think the clear solution at the moment is to get rid of Anita. Hubby and Laura have a fair bit to work out without her around. As for the cop, I'd have let ex-wifey pay for her own Android. I think she was putting it on a bit in fiarness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

squonk wrote: »
    Anita may cook, clean and tuck the kids in but she's still a machine.

A machine with Lady parts apparently.

If wives don't want their husbands to be tempted then why allow such a machine into the home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anita is a glorified fleshlight in that context, nothing more.

He had to change it from the household help into a sex-doll using a different program, so it wasn't the same "personality" that was tucking the kids in.

It's crazy OTT that the wife kicked him out for that, I mean he basically had a **** into a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

brian_t wrote: »
    A machine with Lady parts apparently.

If wives don't want their husbands to be tempted then why allow such a machine into the home.

That's a good point, like a car with a sun roof, you'd imagine that anything other than a barbie doll finish down there would be an 'optional extra' which would require you to check a box when ordering and would definately cost more.

AS to the question of wheter or not the hubby's been unfaithful, of course he has, he may have no emotional attachment to the machine and vice versa but what he did was no different to a married man visiting a prostitute, for example.

Anita is a glorified fleshlight in that context, nothing more.

He had to change it from the household help into a sex-doll using a different program, so it wasn't the same "personality" that was tucking the kids in.

It's crazy OTT that the wife kicked him out for that, I mean he basically had a **** into a bucket.

Would you feel the same if you rolled in from the pub and found the missus had joined the rodeo atop Brad Pitt bot? I suspect that might create a little tension no?
    Like the copper finding out that his missus was expanding the paramaters of her 'rehab' with her therapy bot, I suspect that you'd be none to pleased, I wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

<Mod Snip>

We received a number of complaints about this post being too graphic for the television forum so we've removed it.

Mod Snip (see previous post)

I notice you've avoided answering the question though......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

(Mod Snip - See 2 posts up)
    acdfe548e3b8e11172834319fa5f3c00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brill show altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys back on topic please.

If you want to petition for an agalmatophilia or robophilia forum, you know where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mr E wrote: »
    Guys back on topic please.

If you want to petition for an agalmatophilia or robophilia forum, you know where to go.

I sincerely hope you needed a dictionary before you posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A dictionary. Sure. Yeah. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Episode 5 was one of the slower episodes. No closer to getting the 'real' Anita back. I didn't really understand why the lab guy had to pulverize that synth?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Episode 5 was one of the slower episodes. No closer to getting the 'real' Anita back. I didn't really understand why the lab guy had to pulverize that synth?
    I don't think he did "kill" the dolly, hence the destroyed one that was substituted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

I am enjoying this new series and it's nice to see something with a different twist. Does any know how many seasons Humans is penned to last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I am enjoying this new series and it's nice to see something with a different twist. Does any know how many seasons Humans is penned to last for?
    I would assume for as long as the cash is rolling in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If it's a direct copy of the original series it'll be two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

gandalf wrote: »
    I don't think he did "kill" the dolly, hence the destroyed one that was substituted for him.
    I'd say they fried the body etc. but copied the mind and the code beforehand which is what matters really as the body is nothing special after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I like this show but it is far to slow and it's a pain in the ass waiting a week for feck all content.
    I'm recording the series and I'll watch it when it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    If it's a direct copy of the original series it'll be two.

I thought this was a Channel 4 original series - who or what are they copying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It's a copy of the Swedish series Äkta människor (Real Humans) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Humans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I did a really quick scan of that wikipedia link. It sounds like the Swedish one is a little bit more hard core and probably disturbing than the Channel 4 incarnation.

Advertisement