Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humans - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

The problem with robot servants is that there is no way my missus (and probably anyone elses) would let a robot who looked like that into the house. We'd all end up with robo Mary Harneys:mad:

yeah for our mother in laws ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

The food bag at the end of E04 there was boak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Terrible continuity error tonight with Leo and Max getting into the car, otherwise a good episode. The reveal about the female cop was nicely done.

Terrible continuity error tonight with Leo and Max getting into the car, otherwise a good episode. The reveal about the female cop was nicely done.

Oh what was the continuity error? That escaped me!
    The female cop was great, when she started pulling the bag out I thought it was going to be supernatural or some alien nonsense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Leo got in the drivers side but the cut went to Max driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Leo got in the drivers side but the cut went to Max driving!

It didn't seem like a straight cut. It was a new scene I think.

Great episode though. Getting better each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Great episode.
    Re the female detective, I'm not sure what to think really. Was she set there as a "spy" to relay information to help aid in the search for the wanted synths? Or has she been planted there by someone else.

Is this thread spoiler free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Great series. That is all.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Great episode.
    Re the female detective, I'm not sure what to think really. Was she set there as a "spy" to relay information to help aid in the search for the wanted synths? Or has she been planted there by someone else.

Is this thread spoiler free?

I've been using spoilers just in case.
    I think the synth polis is one of those one's with feelings and emotion as she isn't as robotic as the others. Maybe she is hiding in plain sight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Odi, the Synth with the old dude, is more robotic in look and manner, so there's been a gradual "evolution" of these things, I think that's also obliquely shown in the title credits too.

Agreed, and in this reality the Odi model is 7 years old so the technology has been advancing for a good 10+ years. It does require a big leap to accept that these advanced robots exist yet all other technology seems to be on par with what exists in reality. For me though, I like that "other world" mashup where it's basically our reality with this one huge difference.

Great episode last night anyway. It was great to see the storylines start to converge a bit and that ending :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

One word to describe last night...

Woah!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the episode but I found the final scene a bit hard to swallow. It seemed thrown in there.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bacchus wrote: »
    Agreed, and in this reality the Odi model is 7 years old so the technology has been advancing for a good 10+ years. It does require a big leap to accept that these advanced robots exist yet all other technology seems to be on par with what exists in reality. For me though, I like that "other world" mashup where it's basically our reality with this one huge difference.

Great episode last night anyway. It was great to see the storylines start to converge a bit and that ending :eek:

The tech tells them anita is 14 years old when they take her in to be checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The tech tells them anita is 14 years old when they take her in to be checked.

14 years since Mia died I'd say. That memory of them drowning in a car is what I think killed her I think. The big stocky black dude who's captured was with her, don't know about the other three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭squonk

Am I missing something? Who's Mia? I maybe missed something but I took it that the synth had been involved in an accident at some point.

The creepiness factor continues to ramp. They finally went 'there' with hubby and Anita. That creeped me out. Having synths with an 'adult' mode to be enabled sounds strange and pointless, and dangerous!

I'm liking the cop's storyline at the moment. Given what had happened earlier in the episode I was expecting him and Robocop to get it on and they'd pretty much telegraphed that she was a synth during that episode so I was really looking forward to the juxtaposition of hubby intentionally enabling sexy-time mode with the cop who unbeknownst to himself got a taste of sexy time mode. It didn't play out like that though and that last scene reminded me of V. Having said that, his getting booted out of the house seemed a bit forced for some reason. I know the wife was enjoying herself with the caregiver synth but it just came out of the blue.

All the storylines are starting to come together nicely however I still don't quite get what the deal is with elstrom's son. Has he some synth implants? The show is great though and just getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Patww79 wrote: »
    I have Sundays recorded, but if it's starting to get all gross and gory then I think I'll give the rest of the series a miss.

There's a sex scene. That's it.

squonk wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Who's Mia?

Mia is Anita, the guys chasing her call her Mia, it was her name before she was sent to live with the family.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

In the original Anita had an adult mode chip you could, er, insert and it was only hinted that the father was using it, never shown or stated IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭squonk

Patww79 wrote: »

No, keep watching. It's not gotten gross or gory. The sex scene was creepy in that, at the end of the day, Anita is a machine. I do really like the creepiness factor however.

Also, if you stop watching you'll miss a great scene with the murderous synth having a go at the humans with a bassball bat. She's great!

squonk wrote: »
    The creepiness factor continues to ramp. They finally went 'there' with hubby and Anita. That creeped me out. Having synths with an 'adult' mode to be enabled sounds strange and pointless, and dangerous!

Sure theres a whole brothel full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Having robots who just clean the house and drop the kids off at school would be unbelievable. The fact that the same robots would be used as sex slaves and fodder for fight clubs is entirely in keeping with the history of humanity as regards slavery.

14 years since Mia died I'd say. That memory of them drowning in a car is what I think killed her I think. The big stocky black dude who's captured was with her, don't know about the other three.

Just rechecked there, she says "shes not brand new for a start, your synth is at least 14 years old"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So this is worth a watch then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Thargor wrote: »
    So this is worth a watch then?

Yes.... Its pretty good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Having robots who just clean the house and drop the kids off at school would be unbelievable. The fact that the same robots would be used as sex slaves and fodder for fight clubs is entirely in keeping with the history of humanity as regards slavery.
    Well the show is 99% historical/social commentary isn't it? Not that that's a bad thing, but it can be fairly heavy handed about it at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Interesting little featurette on the series;

• Advertisement

Just rechecked there, she says "shes not brand new for a start, your synth is at least 14 years old"

yes, to all intents and purposes Leo is a synth too, Max was able to charge him in the bathroom after he collapsed.

I think Mia/Anita is an ex-human too. And probably Max, the blonde and the other black guy who's captured.

The show is called "Humans" isn't it.

Advertisement