Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Rockets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Monday 9th Jan
    Lunchtime Easy Run
    Finally the wind is gone! I never know what the weather is like when running from the office as we've no window but the pitch camera i can log onto showed it seemed decent enough (it can be deceptive). Felt a little tired from the weekend but still good enough. It was all at easy pace and i was glad of that, i wouldn't have liked to have had to put too much effort in as while the legs weren't aching they were a little on the tired side. I find myself nodding/saying hello to all runners along Clontarf Strand in case i bump into someone from here :P Still a few new people out and I haven't seen some of the regulars in a while?? Maybe they've taken an opposite resolution on. Great to have the training done for the day. I never leave running to the evening as i hate running in the dark.
    Time: 00:45:08, Ave Pace: 04:22min/km, Distance: 10.32km

What a fantasic weekend put down Bambaata! I must admit I was jealous reading it :) Lovely part of the country too. I dream of the day I can call 4:15/km my easy pace, I can see 4:28/km being my easy pace in the next few months which isn't bad but hopefully this time next year... 1km+ of climbing :o

Let me know when you are in that part of the country again dude, I may be able to join you for the spin.
    Cheers ElD. I will indeed let you know when im next around there, probably not for 5 to 6 weeks id say. Are you near there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Well about 50 min but I'd be will to drive, love doing new routes and a great way to see this beautiful country of ours.

Cool. Well its a deadly route and one ill definitely be doing again. There are options to lengthen it also which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Bambaata wrote: »
    Monday 9th Jan
    Lunchtime Easy Run
    Finally the wind is gone! I never know what the weather is like when running from the office as we've no window but the pitch camera i can log onto showed it seemed decent enough (it can be deceptive). Felt a little tired from the weekend but still good enough. It was all at easy pace and i was glad of that, i wouldn't have liked to have had to put too much effort in as while the legs weren't aching they were a little on the tired side. I find myself nodding/saying hello to all runners along Clontarf Strand in case i bump into someone from here :P Still a few new people out and I haven't seen some of the regulars in a while?? Maybe they've taken an opposite resolution on. Great to have the training done for the day. I never leave running to the evening as i hate running in the dark.
    Time: 00:45:08, Ave Pace: 04:22min/km, Distance: 10.32km

You probably saw me out there at lunch time if it was between 12.30 -1 .30. Only one person said hello to me so i take it, it was you now:D.

Haha my saying hello to everyone and anyone seems to have worked :) I was in a grey top with a black one under and black shorts if that rings any bells. Was out there 01:15 - 01:40 myself so most likely i came across you at some point

i was in red top, black shorts, you probably went by me on the turn on to clontarf stretch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hmmmm....maybe there should be some form of boardie identification that is recognizable to other boardies when out and about. Name tags are so last century...and not everyone is game for a tattoo....but perhaps boardie t-shirts?

There was a boardsie training top awhile ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Good work on the log Bambaata, nice steady improvement by the looks of things. Will keep an eye on it though at the moment it's making me feel lazy and slow!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There was a boardsie training top awhile ago.

and there's a boards cycle jersey, who's going to design and source a tri suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

and there's a boards cycle jersey, who's going to design and source a tri suit?

Please please please let it be pink. More so the small bit of pink on the cycling jersey!!

Eddie/El D, those few weekend I do get out of this miserable city I'd only be a stones throw (relatively) from that area too. However, the odds on all three of us being down the one weekend are fairly slim I fear.

You from around there? I will indeed post that im up there next. Could potentially be end of Jan or last week Feb but wont know til closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

You from around there? I will indeed post that im up there next. Could potentially be end of Jan or last week Feb but wont know til closer

I'm just outside Longford but it's only 15min to Carrick. As I said, relatively! Similar to that it's seldom enough I'm down there and it's usually short notice.

Tuesday 10th Jan
    Bike
    20 x (02:30 @ 250, 00:30 @ 330) tonight. Went well. I struggled at these before and maxed out at 14 at the last attempt but im thinking the power i was seeing wasnt quite right. I've started letting the power meter re-calibrate every so often to keep power honest and i'm finding it actually gets easier, as in the power i am pushing occasionally before stopping for 10 odd seconds is lower than what it is by a few Ws after the break. Did 4 stops tonight, 2 during the session and it felt very slightly easier after for the same watts. Did it once more in the final 5mins and at that point there was no change evident. Good session, felt strong to the end.
    Time: 01:20:00, Ave Power 250W, Distance 46.41km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

That's some session Ed. 20 reps :eek:

Wednesday 11th January
    Morning Swim
    Good enough swim again. Had some drills to start and then 2x (300sw steady, 200p mod) which went ok, fast 50s on 60 - 40, 41, 41, 41 some 200p steady and hard 100s. Felt it on the 100s at the end. First 50s of those were around 43 - 45 but went out a little to come in around 01:30 for the lot. Tired enough by the end but happy to feel ok after a 3+k swim
    Time:01:05:00, Distance: 3250m

Lunchtime Run
    Missed :( College project due and i had a bit to do so i didn't risk not having it done. In the end i probably could have done the run but i would have left things a little tight to the submission deadline!

Finally a good sleep last night too, i had been having too many 5.5 - 6.5 hour sleeps the past few days so a good solid 8hrs last night has me feeling brand new! On the weight front i am hovering around 79kg right now. I was in a bit of a rush this morning so i didn't get to weigh myself but i reckon it probably rose slightly as i had a homemade pizza with a cookie/ice cream after. I just couldn't resist after the stress of the college work! Back to clean living now though. I just wont be able to have the Friday night treat night now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

left thongs a little tight

Does it not chaff when you run?

:pac::pac::pac:

Nice swim set dude. How many 100s hard had you?

ha love it! Woops. Thanks for pointing that out :D

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac:

Nice swim set dude. How many 100s hard had you?
    twas only 2 sets of 2 with the other reps

Thursday 12th Jan
    Bike
    So just an easy spin out to get the legs in check for a nice few days ahead. Legs felt a little tired after a while holding only around 190W. At about 33mins i stopped for 10s to let the P2M zero. Low and behold i found out why my legs felt iffy at "190W", it was because i was actually pushing 230-240! The P2M has issues on the turbo as you never freehweel so with changes in temperature it goes off. The room i use is quite small so as i heat up the room is inevitably heating up too. I've found that after 35-45mins it seems to stabilise and fortunately wont be an issue on the road as there are generally plenty of 2/3s freewheel spots to keep it in tune. So in the end i finished feeling great. Probably going to be doing a T5/T20 soon so that could be interesting.
    Time: 01:15:00, Ave Power 190W, Distance 39.57km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Yeah i read that article this morning myself. I wouldn't go so far as to only score the device a 2/5 though. Its still serious value for money and the issue is easily rectified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Thursday 12th Jan
    Bike
    So just an easy spin out to get the legs in check for a nice few days ahead. Legs felt a little tired after a while holding only around 190W. At about 33mins i stopped for 10s to let the P2M zero. Low and behold i found out why my legs felt iffy at "190W", it was because i was actually pushing 230-240! The P2M has issues on the turbo as you never freehweel so with changes in temperature it goes off.

This has really put me off P2M, so much so I ordered a second PT instead. Now if they would ever ship it..

If given the choice id still go with the P2M. Its a very easy workaround and once aware of this it isnt an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

mloc123 wrote: »
    This has really put me off P2M, so much so I ordered a second PT instead. Now if they would ever ship it..

mloc, presumably you see a difference in the PT output on the turbo and road?

Stupid presumption maybe re p2m, but wasn't on the market for one so have kind of ignored it, but presumably this isn't an issue with the crank based p2m unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »

Its a pain but I like crank based systems. SRMs suffer from heat changes too albeit much much less.

How many times has your PT died on ya? :)
    If given the choice id still go with the P2M. Its a very easy workaround and once aware of this it isnt an issue

I'd view it as similar as to what I have to do on my Computrainer.
    If variables change I need a 5 seconds recalibration. For a P2M its ambient temperature. For a CT its tyre temperature.

Its a pain in the hole but an awareness means its not a problem
    Notwitch wrote: »
    mloc, presumably you see a difference in the PT output on the turbo and road?

Stupid presumption maybe re p2m, but wasn't on the market for one so have kind of ignored it, but presumably this isn't an issue with the crank based p2m unit?

The P2M is crank based.

PT would be the same on the road as a turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

tunney wrote: »
    How many times has your PT died on ya? :)
    QUOTE]

I'm on my 3rd wireless sl+ unit in 18 months. Each break has taken me 2-3 weeks of f'ing around thinking it's batteries or some other minor issue and then probably another 2 weeks of shipping/waiting.
    tunney wrote: »
    PT would be the same on the road as a turbo.

So just a motivational issue to be overcome then!

Notwitch wrote: »

I'm on my 3rd wireless sl+ unit in 18 months. Each break has taken me 2-3 weeks of f'ing around thinking it's batteries or some other minor issue and then probably another 2 weeks of shipping/waiting.

I know another lad who got a PT around the same time as I got my SRMs, he's got about a month a year out of it before having to send ti back for repair.

3-4 years later they just gave up and replaced his wired unit with a wireless one FOC.

every PM has its problems. its not hard to coast for a little every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

The P2M issue is easily and quickly resolved on the trubo and its not as bad if you can somewhat control the conditions with fans on the go and back door open etc (not to mention you will get mor eout of the session being cooler).
    As Ed mentioned no issues on the road with it and i think its a good piece of kit.

Have been sick Sunday/Monday so just getting to update now

Friday 13th Jan
    Lunchtime Run
    Session was a 5 x (4 mod hard, 1 easy). Felt good. First 10mins easy came in on 4:03/km pace with no forcing going on. Always happy to see the easy pace dipping, to do that over a long period now will be the aim. The 5 x 4mod hard efforts were also good enough and came in at a very similar pace/km - 03:48, 03:48, 03:47, 03:48, 03:47.
    Time: 00:45:55, Ave Pace: 04:05min/km, Distance: 11.23km

Evening Swim
    Had been out for dinner so i was not getting up early Friday to swim! Was glad of the extra 2 hours although i wasn't to bed too late (midnight or so). This one is one of my favourite sets 400sw, 4 x100B+B -> 100sw, 1 x 100B+B. Had 4 fast 50s on 60 before it which came in on 39, 38, 39, 39 and was supposed to have 4 fast 50s on 75 after but pool closed after just one which came in on 38. Happy enough with how it went.
    Time:00:55:25, Distance: 2950m

Saturday 14th Jan
    Long Bike
    On the turbo for this. Plan had an hour easy then alternating 20mins of 80% and 90% FTP power with 10mins easy between. The reps felt comfortable. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable on the saddle and after about 2 hours i hopped off to check, low and behold the nose was facing the ceiling! No wonder! Adjusted and immediately felt the relief. Felt decent to the end but was shattered afterwards. Had a nice big stew straight away but blood pressure was going mental, i was getting very light headed standing up and climbing stairs was agony on the legs. Went to bed tired.
    Time: 03:30:00, Ave Power 207W, Distance 111.85km, Ave speed 32.0 km/h

Sunday 15th Jan
    I found out fairly soon why i was so tired after the session the night before. I was sick! Gutted to miss on on a lovely long run but have to let it go. Was on the couch for the day with chills, aches and a headache by late evening.

Monday 16th Jan
    Still sick, went into work til 12 but went home. Started the day feeling ok but worsened as it went into lunch. Felt far better by 6pm though.

Tuesday 17th Jan
    Feeling fine today so hopefully back to something easy tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Have been sick Sunday/Monday so just getting to update now

Friday 13th Jan
    Lunchtime Run
    Session was a 5 x (4 mod hard, 1 easy). Felt good. First 10mins easy came in on 4:03/km pace with no forcing going on. Always happy to see the easy pace dipping, to do that over a long period now will be the aim. The 5 x 4mod hard efforts were also good enough and came in at a very similar pace/km - 03:48, 03:48, 03:47, 03:48, 03:47.
    Time: 00:45:55, Ave Pace: 04:05min/km, Distance: 11.23km

Evening Swim
    Had been out for dinner so i was not getting up early Friday to swim! Was glad of the extra 2 hours although i wasn't to bed too late (midnight or so). This one is one of my favourite sets 400sw, 4 x100B+B -> 100sw, 1 x 100B+B. Had 4 fast 50s on 60 before it which came in on 39, 38, 39, 39 and was supposed to have 4 fast 50s on 75 after but pool closed after just one which came in on 38. Happy enough with how it went.
    Time:00:55:25, Distance: 2950m

Saturday 14th Jan
    Long Bike
    On the turbo for this. Plan had an hour easy then alternating 20mins of 80% and 90% FTP power with 10mins easy between. The reps felt comfortable. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable on the saddle and after about 2 hours i hopped off to check, low and behold the nose was facing the ceiling! No wonder! Adjusted and immediately felt the relief. Felt decent to the end but was shattered afterwards. Had a nice big stew straight away but blood pressure was going mental, i was getting very light headed standing up and climbing stairs was agony on the legs. Went to bed tired.
    Time: 03:30:00, Ave Power ??W, Distance ??km - to upload details yet

Sunday 15th Jan
    I found out fairly soon why i was so tired after the session the night before. I was sick! Gutted to miss on on a lovely long run but have to let it go. Was on the couch for the day with chills, aches and a headache by late evening.

Monday 16th Jan
    Still sick, went into work til 12 but went home. Started the day feeling ok but worsened as it went into lunch. Felt far better by 6pm though.

Tuesday 17th Jan
    Feeling fine today so hopefully back to something easy tomorrow.

Hope you are feeling better E. Got to say I'd kill to be able to call 4:03 pace my easy run pace :rolleyes: The thing that stands out about this log is how strong you are across all 3 disciplines. I mean your run and swim are bloody good, and your bike is your trump card!!!

Thanks Mike. I think my bike is the one thing that i can push a lot more this year. Traditionally yeah the bike was my strong point but last year i feel it was the run that really came on. That 4:03 pace was only for 10mins now ;-) . I'm looking forward to the time when it lasts a lot longer. Its going to have to to get under the target! I hate missing sessions, particularly the long one so hopefully this break wont impact too much. This was a recovery week but i had missed a chunk of week 1 of the last 3 week base phase too and actually felt fairly fresh last week.

Hope you are feeling better E. Got to say I'd kill to be able to call 4:03 pace my easy run pace :rolleyes: The thing that stands out about this log is how strong you are across all 3 disciplines. I mean your run and swim are bloody good, and your bike is your trump card!!!

Makes me fvkcing sick too.

He is a testament to consistency and learning to HTFU. Been great reading following the blog.

+1 on the running easy pace E its a credit to you, i would love to get close to that for easy running pace but i will have to make do with 4.30-4.45 for now:o. As Mike mentioned you are no slouch in the other two areas either which shows good consistency across all 3 elements. To be that good on the bike now and know that there is plenty more to push yourself on must also be pleasing.

Re the saddle i heard that can happen a fair bit with the cervelo's with the saddle position shifting easy enough. I must remember to bring an allen key to Roth just in case otherwise it could be race over:rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling better and get back to it soon. Agree with Tunney really enjoying the updates and i think this year is your year for a WC slot if all goes to plan.

Cheers all. I dont expect the low 4's easy pace to be frequent just yet but someday! Consistency is the name of the game alright. That with repetition. I've seen plenty of coaches like Darren Smith & Joel Filliol etc mention it lately (cant find where i read that now!)

On the saddle JB, ive noticed it happen a few times so im thinking of getting some of the gripping liquids to help. I dont want to over-tighten it and end of breaking something! Here's hoping it isnt an issue on the P5 ;-)

So is the P5 back on the shopping list? :cool:

Tbh its a bit away. I have about 1/2 of what i expect the frame-set price to be. Therefore i'd have to suss if its possible to dig a small amount into the savings i have. I will look into it seriously though but it might hinge on selling the P2.

Id also have to see if it would suit me. As much as i love Cervelo, there's no point getting it if something else would better suit me. I'll have to do some research there to determine what would suit me too though! Anyone have any good reading material or know of a bike fit that can be done without a bike (i.e. to get the measurements that would be optimal for me etc)?? It would be mad to spend that money and not have looked into it 100%. I thought the P2 was the bike for life but at the time (just got into the sport) i didn't have the knowledge to realise i was being screwed.

• Advertisement

I know that when I got my bike fit done off Fernando he mentioned that if I came to him before I bought he could have told me what frames in what sizes would suit me. It might be worth mailing him to see when he is back in Dublin again.

James O'Donnell in Galway has a rig that will allow you to try varying positions and observe power output along the way. It gives you your stack and reach AFAIK. Not sure how good it is but it might be worth having a chat with him.

Wednesday 18th Jan
    Late Run
    Planned on an easy 30mins to get the ball rolling again. I could possibly have done something light yesterday but i think theres no harm in having one buffer day to ensure everything is ok. I hate hate hate time off as the doubts set in about the race being only x many days away and ill never be ready but a nice easy 30mins and hopefully i can now get back on track! This week is a recovery week anyway and i am well and truly recovered. HR was rising very very easily but i felt full of energy. Had to run late as i had a mental day at work and college and it was beautiful out in the park with the head torch on. Savage evening for a run.
    Time: 00:33:27, Ave Pace: 04:09min/km, Distance: 8.06km Avg HR 141 bpm.

Great to see you are feeling better dude and certainly no worse for the lay off.

Thursday 19th Jan
    Easy Bike
    Had hoped to get about 45mins in at easy power but was caught up at work and only managed 30mins. Felt great. Last year id been working of a 130's as easy for HR before the power meter but now HR is only an interesting stat as opposed to anything i use to base the effort off. Holding the top of my easy power range (up to 210) had HR hovering below 115 and it was staying consistent rather than rising so im pretty sure im 100% again now. I had originally got the T5 + T20 planned but we've had to bail on that for another time. No point trashing myself only a few days after feeling ok, that would most likely kick me right back again.
    Time: 00:30:42, Ave Power 189W, Distance 16.05km, Ave speed 31.4 km/h

Friday 20th Jan
    Lunchtime Run
    Out Clontarf Stand again up towards the Bull Island bridge and back. Lovely route but fack me the wind is a serious killer out along the strand! Im thinking my HRM strap needs a new battery as i could never get it to settle (well for about 30mins anyway). It was wrecking my head. I was running low 04:0x's on the way out but it was telling me i was in the 150s but when i made it settle (holding it tight to the chest) it was then saying 140 and RPE felt more like 135-140 so i just decided to ignore it and just enjoy the run. Had a good tailwind out but bam again that wind coming back was woeful! Again it was like a wall of wind and the 04:0x's went to barely 5mins/km. Bewteen the wind and the HRM spiking i wasnt enjoying it so much as usual, still enjoying it none the less but not to the same degree. I feklt good the whole way and felt like id never gone out once finished. It didnt take anything from me so RPE was truthful whereas the Garmin was a liar!
    Time: 00:46:18, Ave Pace: 04:27min/km, Distance: 10.41km Avg HR id guess about 140/141 bpm

I've decided im going to keep a basic food diary here from next week so as to possibly stir some discussion there. Ive been sick twice in 3/4 weeks so im keen to see if anyone might spot any glaring deficiencies i might be missing. I don't believe its related though but no harm anyway as it might also help me keep it clean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Friday 20th Jan
    I've decided im going to keep a basic food diary here from next week so as to possibly stir some discussion there. Ive been sick twice in 3/4 weeks so im keen to see if anyone might spot any glaring deficiencies i might be missing. I don't believe its related though but no harm anyway as it might also help me keep it clean ;)

Cool, i'd be very interested to get a view into what other people are doing! I've been thinking of tracking what I eat myself, mostly to stop kidding myself about how well Im eating :D

• Advertisement

Friday 20th Jan
    Lunchtime Run
    Out Clontarf Stand again up towards the Bull Island bridge and back. Lovely route but fack me the wind is a serious killer out along the strand! Im thinking my HRM strap needs a new battery as i could never get it to settle (well for about 30mins anyway). It was wrecking my head. I was running low 04:0x's on the way out but it was telling me i was in the 150s but when i made it settle (holding it tight to the chest) it was then saying 140 and RPE felt more like 135-140 so i just decided to ignore it and just enjoy the run. Had a good tailwind out but bam again that wind coming back was woeful! Again it was like a wall of wind and the 04:0x's went to barely 5mins/km. Bewteen the wind and the HRM spiking i wasnt enjoying it so much as usual, still enjoying it none the less but not to the same degree. I feklt good the whole way and felt like id never gone out once finished. It didnt take anything from me so RPE was truthful whereas the Garmin was a liar!
    Time: 00:46:18, Ave Pace: 04:27min/km, Distance: 10.41km Avg HR id guess about 140/141 bpm

Good luck with the diary, I found it tough keeping one but it did sort out a problem for me If you remember. I was fading towards the end of LER and long bikes. In my attempt to drop the kg's I started to not eat enough carbs, I did not do it on purpose so if I didn't have the diary it would have taken longer to figure it out.

During the day I found it best just to take pics of my food and write it in the diary later that evening.

Wind was a killer alright i had intervals today and went from being pushed along to straight into a gale:) It certainly would be interesting re food diary as i seen you mention on a previous occasion about being light headed after tough/long sessions. It would be interesting to see what calorie deficits people are working off and if that could have an impact on running yourself down and getting sick.
    I assume you take recovery product after a tough or long session? I find manuka honey very good and i use it mixed with my tea now as a substitue to a spoonful of sugar. I also take a multi vit and echinacea daily.

Saturday 21st January
    Swim
    I headed to the pool just before lunch to get some feel back after missing swimming for about 1.5 weeks. Felt far better than i expected considering the absence. I looked to keep everything fairly easy to just focus on things, making sure form was good and breathing easy and controlled. The lane was mental at first with 6 or 7 in it, half of them breast-stroke/drowning and the other half trying to swim. Lane beside me cleared up after a quick warmup so thankfully the rest of the session went smoother. I just did some 50pulls as 25 fist, 25sw and some front sculling with some easy swimming around them. Times seemed fairly normal but i didnt have my watch and had to rush off at times to get past traffic so i didnt get to see what most of the 50s were coming in on.
    Time:00:40:00, Distance: 2000m

Easy Bike
    Hoped on the turbo for a 2.5hr session but had to cut a little short. Felt good and just maintained a 190-200W range. Also focused on maintaining a road like cadence (about 90) as i sometimes find i run with a faster one of the turbo for some reason, not sure why. From seeing HR data and cadence i find i am more efficient around 90-95 rather than 95+. Session flew by. I had no fan as i left it behind me in my folks place so i was sweating a fair bit. Took on 750mls water, 400mls Lucazade Sport with a Harvest Morn Cranberry cereal bar (60mins) and a banana (90mins). Felt great at the end and happy to be getting back on track.
    Time: 02:05:02, Ave Power 191W, Ave Cadence 90rpm, Distance 65.05km, Ave speed 31.2km/h

Sunday 22nd January
    Long Easy Run
    Just an hour today seeing as its a recovery week "long" run. Felt great and was loving seeing a 03:54km come through at easy HR for km 2. Just ran up through the Phoenix Park and out past the M50 and back. Lovely evening out with the head torch. I find i sometimes run better when i cant see much to distract me. Had bags of energy and i was guilty of letting the HR climb ever so slightly to low steady at times. Ran mainly ton RPE though and breathing was never labored. I normally feel a little tightness on my right calf but not a dickey bird from it tonight and legs felt great. Still do now, not a bit of an ache in any part of them. I went through 7k in 29:03 (04:09/km) with a HR ave of 141 (includes some spiking for 10mins or so to the 150s) and am delighted to see my endurance/fitness seems decent as the second 7k was 29:23 (04:12/km) with only a tiny rise to a 143 average HR. Felt like i could have sprinted for ages but kept it reigned in.
    Time: 01:02:52, Ave Pace: 04:10min/km, Distance: 15.07km

Im going to start the food part of each day as a post and just edit it as the day goes on (otherwise i could leave things out)

Monday 23rd January
    Brekkie (9am)
    Porridge with 1/2 scoup NurtitionX Vanilla Big Whey, handful of walnuts and small bit of manuka honey
    1/2 glass OJ
    Multi-Vitamin, lysine, cod liver Oil (Active 55+ one high Omega 3)
    Black coffee

Lunch (12:00)
    Stir fry (using coconut oil), spinach/cherry tomato salad + spoon of cottage cheese
    Half portion noddles
    1/2 carrot
    1/4 red pepper
    Small few flaked almonds
    2 bird eye chillis
    4 mushrooms
    1/4 portion black bean sauce
    2 cloves of garlic
    200mls apple juice

Post Swim Banana (14:15)

Dinner (16:15)
    Thai Prawn Curry (Pic attached)
    Made by the sister for me from scratch using coconut milk. Lovely so it was. I could identify the following:
    Courgettes
    Red peppers
    Brocolli
    Green chillis
    Topped with coriander and 1/4 lime
    2 small pieces of naan bread and tablespoon of chutney
    Desert: Fat Free Olken Vanilla youghurt (three spoons) with mixed fruit (strawberries, apple, pear, banana, kiwi)
    Didnt have the two plates of the above i normally would and feeling a little hungry already (18:15 now)

Tea (19:00)
    3/4 bowl of carrot/parsnip/turnip mash with 1/4 bowl of potato/spring onion all mixed together wioth some tabasco (leftovers of yetserdays dinner)

Post Run Snack (22:15)
    Wholemeal pitta with small amount of chicken, small amount of ballymaloe relish, spinach, 3 cherry tomatoes - Had this a bit later than id have lied but i didn't get a chance to get my run in til late.

Over the day i had about 2.5-3ls water and two other coffees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sunday 22nd January
    Long Easy Run
    Just an hour today seeing as its a recovery week "long" run. Felt great and was loving seeing a 03:54km come through at easy HR for km 2. Just ran up through the Phoenix Park and out past the M50 and back. Lovely evening out with the head torch. I find i sometimes run better when i cant see much to distract me. Had bags of energy and i was guilty of letting the HR climb ever so slightly to low steady at times. Ran mainly ton RPE though and breathing was never labored. I normally feel a little tightness on my right calf but not a dickey bird from it tonight and legs felt great. Still do now, not a bit of an ache in any part of them. I went through 7k in 29:03 (04:09/km) with a HR ave of 141 (includes some spiking for 10mins or so to the 150s) and am delighted to see my endurance/fitness seems decent as the second 7k was 29:23 (04:12/km) with only a tiny rise to a 143 average HR. Felt like i could have sprinted for ages but kept it reigned in.
    Time: 01:02:52, Ave Pace: 04:10min/km, Distance: 15.07km

Jealous.com :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement