Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

The line-ups always change and people can drop out on launch night, like they did last year. Plus, even if there is no Bianca for the launch, she could be involved in some way as a drop in guest or a late add on.

Anyway, once rumoured Willam has a very empty January and February schedule according to his website. Wonder if he may pop up somewhere too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People sometimes go in late too like Katie Price a few years ago

None for the launch. Their names wouldn't have been thrown out randomly unless there was something to it. I think that either the BOTS programme or the main show may have a queen as a guest, but not as a housemate.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I hoped that someone like Willam will go in. Purely because he'd do well making a name, would suit the format of the show very well. If Bianca did go in, it would be like a Jade Goody kind of swing; arguably more successful than the contestants there and with a lot more to lose going in, not 'much' to gain. I mean if you pay upwards to £60 for her Roladex of Hate show, the girl doesn't need anymore mileage on her career at the moment.

--
    On a side note, I was at Lady Bunny and Milk on New Year's, Bunny is a class act, as was Mlik. Thoroughly impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That Celebrity Big Brother list... Can you smell the desperation? Former this, 'best friend' of actually successful person, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

The Season 8 cast will officially be ruvealed on February 1st.

If you are on Reddit they have pretty much found out for themselves

Reddit isn't always 100% accurate though, despite its high level of Nancy Drew's.

I'd rather wait until the RuVeal to find out exactly who is in and then watch the Meet The Queens videos.

I think I also read on Reddit that the show doesn't actually start until March this year so still about a month and a half to two months wait. Hopefully All Stars 2 is broadcast later this year as well so we get double drag race fun.

If anyone hasn't seen Season 7 yet or wants to re-watch, it starts on TruTV (Sky 198) next Monday, the 25th January at 10pm and Untucked is back - straight after the main show.

If they show it every Monday & Tuesday night between now and March they should be finished it in time to show Season 8 a few days / weeks behind the US and not a year!

Honestly I'm not loving TruTv at the moment. They completely cut Drag Race to bits to make room for the adverts so the editing was all over the place especially the lipsynch/eliminated queen parts. And did they even bother with Untucked for Season 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Got me two tickets for Battle of the Seasons in the Olympia.

I assume everybody in this thread who would be interested is aware that this is happening?

Katya, Sharon Noodles, Willam, Pandorra, Violet Chacki, Jinkx, Courtney.

I would pretty much be delighted with all of those except Violet who I think totally lacks any likeability. I could take or leave Courtney Act as well. If we swapped those two for Alaska and Ben de La Creme that would be my ideal lineup!

Still, happy days - I think the Olympia is going to be rocking for this - I wonder will it sell out?

Tickets just went on sale yesterday, Friday, just in case there is anybody here who would be interested in going to this but did not hear about it for whatever reason :)

Got me two tickets for Battle of the Seasons in the Olympia.

I assume everybody in this thread who would be interested is aware that this is happening?

Katya, Sharon Noodles, Willam, Pandorra, Violet Chacki, Jinkx, Courtney.

I would pretty much be delighted with all of those except Violet who I think totally lacks any likeability. I could take or leave Courtney Act as well. If we swapped those two for Alaska and Ben de La Creme that would be my ideal lineup!

Still, happy days - I think the Olympia is going to be rocking for this - I wonder will it sell out?

Tickets just went on sale yesterday, Friday, just in case there is anybody here who would be interested in going to this but did not hear about it for whatever reason :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Daith

Yeah picked up a ticket and heading in with friends. Wouldn't be a massive Drag Race fan but reckon this will be tonnes of fun.

Got my ticket too! Was a little disappointed at the prices of the other packages but alas. I've met most of the queens at their gigs in Dublin (except Pandora but I think I'm fine with that ^^')

Should be great fun, loving the media coverage it's gotten thus far already.

Got my ticket too! Was a little disappointed at the prices of the other packages but alas. I've met most of the queens at their gigs in Dublin (except Pandora but I think I'm fine with that ^^')

Should be great fun, loving the media coverage it's gotten thus far already.

The queens for Season 8 are being teased (or something) today (should be around 4pm our time) and the RuVeal of the contestants will be on 1st Feb around 12am our time, so the early hours of 2nd Feb.

• Advertisement

OK, so the S8 queens have been announced and the show returns on March 7th. What does everyone think so far?

Here's the promo vid-

Was just about to post that. So happy this is back. The only queens i had previously heard of were Derrick Barry, Dax and Kim Chi.

Less queens this season and less episodes but we do get All Stars 2 so it's all good. Got my tickets for BOTS too so I'm excited for March. Off to see if there is any Meet The Queens video to see the rest of them

With so many of us going, we should have a pint or something beforehand, a boards BOTs of sorts haha.

Bob the drag queen seems pretty stellar. I've watched a few of her videos before, so liking her from the get go.

The Meet The Queens videos are all available on the Logo TV website and don't appear to be geo-blocked so everyone can watch. The super trailer will probably be released in the next week or two, considering the show is back on TV in a month.

Bob to win - surprise package - Cynthia Lee Fontaine

Disclaimer - my predictions are usually the kiss of death

• Advertisement

A new streaming service is launching next month called "heyu" and it has lots of reality shows, and they are boasting that the service will have episodes usually on the same day as the US broadcast. They also have the rights for RuPaul's Drag Race. Season 8 may or may not end up there shortly after broadcast for us as the service is launching in the UK, Ireland and Australia initially.

might be something to keep an eye on. The service comes with a months free trial and only costs £3.99 a month, which is rather cheap when compared to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

The super trailer for Season 8 has arrived, but only available on Logo's website, so here's a YouTube rip, sorry for the sound quality though...

I live!

Thorgy ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kanhir

BOTS tickets arrived the other day, can't wait! Pity Alaska couldn't make it over, though, me and himself are big fans of the AAA Girls.

I'm a staunch Bob supporter, although I'm worried about the runway. History shows you have to either turn it out week on week, or be ****e at the start and then magically improve to be fabulous and glamorous.

Some amount of spoilers on Reddit!

Yes, I'm avoiding Reddit like the plague now until I see an episode and even then I may just wait until the season is over before loading it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaV3IOSa86M&feature=youtu.be

Bob the Drag Queen and Acid Betty interviewed at a premier (?)

I remember predicting Pearl would be first/second out, from the preinterviews etc. I thought her stoic personality was because she was pissed off for being kicking off early. Oh egg on my face hunty.

Edi: Btw, that Bob rainbow dress reveal...!

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEpz53fVSo4

actually this one is way more interesting - you get to see all the queens talk about all the queens!

actually, not all of them? i dont think i saw thorgy (or is he there?)

EDIT - he's in the prosthetic fat suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Adore is replacing Willam on BOTS tour

Anyone selling 2 X standing tickets for that show? Left it too late :(

I wonder why Willam has dropped out, or was he pushed?

<insert shade noise here>

Someone spilt some tea saying he doesn't get on with the organiser.

Willam is coming back in May to Dublin along with Alyssa if anyone is interested in that!

pad e wrote: »
    I wonder why Willam has dropped out, or was he pushed?

<insert shade noise here>

He sent a shadey tweet earlier saying that the tour was announced before contracts were signed or something along those lines.

Speaking of shade, this is handy to have (and there's even an app for it when you're on the go!)

http://shadebutton.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I wouldn't mind one for that delicious sword noise!

Can I just put out there that I actually liked Laila McQueens flats

My body is ready for tomorrow.

Come on Season 8, let's get SICKENING!

giphy.gif

I just spend 5 minutes watching that GIF.

On an altogether more tragic note, I have a serious exam on Tuesday morning at 9.30. - the timing of the first episode couldn't be worse! And then I have another one on Friday morning. My usual modus operandi would see me watching the first episode at least twenty times by then :(

• Advertisement

It is rather hypnotic, isn't it?!

Oh dear, well, good luck with the exam and don't worry, if you can contain yourself for one more week until the exams are over (you've waited almost a year since S7, what's another week?!) then you can watch episodes 1 and 2 together on repeat and have double the fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Has anyone managed to see episode 1 yet?

Not yet. Should we make it a rule of thumb though that if you check out the thread you've watched the episodes?

Or are we labelling things with spoilers?

I think last year we made any posts on the day after (so, Tuesday) spoiler tagged if they discussed specifics, but after that it was fine to post un-spoiler tagged.

I know other sites have different rules, such as if you check the thread the second after the episode airs (and you haven't seen it) it's your fault if you read a spoiler. We could be a little nicer on here I suppose!

Reddit have a sub just for the links to the episodes and Untucked and they are up pretty quickly after broadcast and are usually in HD and uncensored, so just an alternative option there for people instead of the amount of false streaming links out there and risks of viruses etc.

I am waiting until I get home from work to download and will get some snacks ready and a shower before sitting down to see if she done already done had herses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kanhir

Just watched it this morning.
    - How in the world did Robbie not get bottom two for that horrendous dress? Even Shangela's lampshade skirt was better than that!
    - Funnily enough, the very first Drag Race elimination was another pageant queen who said it was her first time making a dress. History repeats itself in the 100th episode!
    - Chi Chi really turned it out with that disco outfit.
    - Cynthia still drives me up the wall. Please go home soon.
    - Bianca not being around for the mini-challenge was sad. I can only imagine how much she'd have cut down the less polite queens.

And Untucked just went up, so there's my evening sorted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Kanhir wrote: »
    Just watched it this morning.
    - How in the world did Robbie not get bottom two for that horrendous dress? Even Shangela's lampshade skirt was better than that!
    - Funnily enough, the very first Drag Race elimination was another pageant queen who said it was her first time making a dress. History repeats itself in the 100th episode!
    - Chi Chi really turned it out with that disco outfit.
    - Cynthia still drives me up the wall. Please go home soon.
    - Bianca not being around for the mini-challenge was sad. I can only imagine how much she'd have cut down the less polite queens.

And Untucked just went up, so there's my evening sorted. :D

Big fan of the show. Binged all the seasons about six months ago, and have tickets for BoTS.

Early favourites for this season are Thorgy, Kim, and Bob. Already like this season's queens more than last season's. I think it should be a good one!

• Advertisement

That first episode was better than most of Season 7. I also like all the queens, so it will be interesting to see how the edit will portray them to the audience and who will eventually get a shady edit.

Haven't watched Untucked yet but I don't like the new format for them and the fact that it is censored. The combo of both puts me off watching, let alone the fact they are trying to push the crew as their own mini-stars of the show by giving them lines and camera time. Who gives a shít about them?!

I love
    Laila McQueen and she got such a raw deal being in the bottom two. We saw her take a decent photo after her awkward seated one and they still use the seated one? That jacket was phenomenal and if she had done anything with the bottom she'd have been read for being "too busy." If they send her home early in the season I'll be pissed.
    Other than that Naomi is gorgeous and Kim Chi is fab. Excited for the season in general.

I really like all of the queens this season and they've done a really good job at casting. There doesn't seem to be the clash of last year with the older experienced queens vs the young newer queens which I thought was bs.

Robbie and Acid Betty seem to be the shady queens going by their edits but even that is played more for comedy. I think after the criticisms of last season they will try focus on the fun this year. I loved how we got a lot more workroom banter between the girls.

Really liking Kim Chi, Bob and Chi Chi. LOVED Robbie completely shading Sharon Needles in the photo shoot. I'm liking all the throwbacks to previous contestants too. Not getting into spoiler territory but I think the right queen left but I wouldn't have put the other girl in the bottom. Haven't seen Untucked yet so there's that to look forward too.

Does anyone watch Afterbuzz Tv on YouTube? They do after shows for different tv shows and I always like watching the Drag Race one. Its just a little extra outlet to talk about Drag Race and hear other opinions. It's great for me because literally none of my friends watch Drag Race and have told me numerous times to shut up about it. I don't even realise how much drag queen vernacular I use on a daily basis these days until one of them gives me a confused look if I say "sickening" or something.

I snorted audibly when Leila McQueen threw her legs sideways and hit the floor.

Yes, this years first elimination was a bit sad, but I am nowhere near as irate as I was last year when that utter waste of skin Kandy Ho sent the lovely Tempest du Jour home

I really like all of the queens this season and they've done a really good job at casting. There doesn't seem to be the clash of last year with the older experienced queens vs the young newer queens which I thought was bs.

Robbie and Acid Betty seem to be the shady queens going by their edits but even that is played more for comedy. I think after the criticisms of last season they will try focus on the fun this year. I loved how we got a lot more workroom banter between the girls.

Really liking Kim Chi, Bob and Chi Chi. LOVED Robbie completely shading Sharon Needles in the photo shoot. I'm liking all the throwbacks to previous contestants too. Not getting into spoiler territory but I think the right queen left but I wouldn't have put the other girl in the bottom. Haven't seen Untucked yet so there's that to look forward too.

Does anyone watch Afterbuzz Tv on YouTube? They do after shows for different tv shows and I always like watching the Drag Race one. Its just a little extra outlet to talk about Drag Race and hear other opinions. It's great for me because literally none of my friends watch Drag Race and have told me numerous times to shut up about it. I don't even realise how much drag queen vernacular I use on a daily basis these days until one of them gives me a confused look if I say "sickening" or something.

It's an absolute cracker - more fun than any of last years - and it's only episode 1.

There is also the ten minute teaser on the logo tv website for next weeks episode. The claws are coming out big time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement