Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs Mousasi

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Richy06 wrote: »
    Living in another world might be a bit of a stretch. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility in our current planet. If you don't think Jacare's own grappling hasn't improved in those years, you're living on another planet. Maybe the left or the right of Weidman's testicles....?

Jacare's standup grappling/wrestling is not bad at all. He hit a nice o uchi gari on Moose from the fence (something I see people always try but never succeed when pinning someone up against the fence). But there's no way he takes Weidman down if he straight up tries to wrestle him.

It's not impossible, but he needs to earn Weidman's respect big time in the striking department before even considering shooting. And even then he'll have a tough time finishing Weidman on the ground, but of course, he has a good shot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Kev M wrote: »
    Overeem should hang it up now. He's a blown up 205 pounder who's chin wouldn't last at 205 these days, never mind HW. He doesn't have a shot at JDS or Cain, and he's probably made enough money to not have to go on taking more damage from 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Good career all in all, would hate to see this happen to him again.

Overeem has always been overrated IMO. You have to remember, Overeem was KO'ed by Chuck Liddell of all people back in Pride. Nothing against Chuck but that should tell you a lot about overeem. He blew himself up with roids but roids cant build a chin or stamina, of which he has neither. Now he hasn't got his PEDs and hes just an oversized can getting KOed by bums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I don't think he is over rated skill wise at all. Have you seen him kickbox? His resume is extremely impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Overeem has always been overrated IMO. You have to remember, Overeem was KO'ed by Chuck Liddell of all people back in Pride. Nothing against Chuck but that should tell you a lot about overeem. He blew himself up with roids but roids cant build a chin or stamina, of which he has neither. Now he hasn't got his PEDs and hes just an oversized can getting KOed by bums

Eh... getting knocked out by Chuck in his prime isn't really telling of someone's chin. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Just watching this now, the chiesa cut was defo contentious, ive seen much worse cuts that have been allowed continue, why was it stopped? His vision wasn't impaired and he was starting to win the fight, sucks for him (and i don't actually like him).

Jon anik-my god can he stop saying "i know you dont like to call people out but can you give me a name of who would you would like next?" this is much more a post fight press conference question at best, give it a rest. Also he kept mentioning fighters children which was really irritating (and i actually dont mind anik as a commentator!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

adamski8 wrote: »

Jon anik-my god can he stop saying "i know you dont like to call people out but can you give me a name of who would you would like next?" this is much more a post fight press conference question at best, give it a rest. Also he kept mentioning fighters children which was really irritating (and i actually dont mind anik as a commentator!)

wish he'd fcuk off back to the studio where he was excellent, much better being a presenter and although I don't think he's bad I just can't warm to him the same way as rogan or stann, suppose he doesnt have the same enthusiasm as a fighter would have interviewing another fighters
    rogan, florian, stann, even hardy any day of the week interviewing fighters post fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I feel bad sometimes that I hate Jon Anik so much, hes not a bad guy but damn I hate him commentating and interviewing. Why doesn't Kenny Florian interview the fighters? He is great at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Great presenter, ok commentatory, crap interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Eh... getting knocked out by Chuck in his prime isn't really telling of someone's chin. :confused:

I wouldn't take one off chuck now, let alone in his prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Davei141 wrote: »
    I feel bad sometimes that I hate Jon Anik so much, hes not a bad guy but damn I hate him commentating and interviewing. Why doesn't Kenny Florian interview the fighters? He is great at it.

I agree hes too sanitized for post fight interviewing. I seem him more of a corporate midweek studio guy. But i suppose they are trying to cultivate that type of front of shop image.

Advertisement