Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Mr. G wrote: »
    I really don't want to go into an argument. It really isn't necessary to have this. By quotes I meant the following, (it gets confusing)

I'm not getting all exercised about it. Just why are you questioning that some contributors are nearer to Tipp FM? Its just not relevent. And anyway you seem to know a lot about radio yourself.

Tell you what lets not get into this ' I'm obviously interested in radio ' your a Clare man with a considerable interest in Tipperary Radio for some reason . Your entitled to that ' moving forward lets discuss the trend topic .

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

johnplayer wrote: »
    In eight pages of thread I consider my post hugely more constructive then any other . Who did I quote ? Where have I ranted over and over again ? I did little more then share my thoughts on the topic and was offensive to nobody . I did suggest that many people here are close to TippFm ' Closer then you think . I didn't say ALL posters here were such . I'm interested in the cause of you getting so exercised .
    That is a fairly high notion for someone who se first post is on the thread
    I did suggest that many people here are close to TippFm ' Closer then you think .
    i am not close to tipp fm whatever that means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/thurles_man_sentenced_for_fatal_unprovoked_attack

TippFm news team screws up again. The perpetrator of this crime IS NOT FROM THURLES. The family is from the Templemore area and he was living in Toomevara at the time he committed this attack.

chris2008x wrote: »
    http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/thurles_man_sentenced_for_fatal_unprovoked_attack

TippFm news team screws up again. The perpetrator of this crime IS NOT FROM THURLES. The family is from the Templemore area and he was living in Toomevara at the time he committed this attack.
    24 and he got 21 years!, did I read that right?
    TippFm news team screws up again.
    when did they screw up before. They say they ar ethe number local news provider...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

In fairness to them, sport has improved a little. Better commentary on matches. Better emphasis on sport at weekends. That said, it seems that news at weekends has suffered as a result. The music formula doesn't work for my taste i.e. country song this hour is....' FFS stop playing this stuff. Yet the JNLR data is strong.

I just cannot help thinking that if the brand was strong, if it was making money, the Irish Press would never have sold it, and certainly not at a time when advertising revenue is in the ****,

• Advertisement

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    In fairness to them, sport has improved a little. Better commentary on matches. Better emphasis on sport at weekends. That said, it seems that news at weekends has suffered as a result. The music formula doesn't work for my taste i.e. country song this hour is....' FFS stop playing this stuff. Yet the JNLR data is strong.

I just cannot help thinking that if the brand was strong, if it was making money, the Irish Press would never have sold it, and certainly not at a time when advertising revenue is in the ****,
    no weekend news though, not what they should have. Are they allowed to have all music on bank holiday Mondays?. Seems to be a regular thing and will be onthe coming May Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

DT100 wrote: »
    I remember that alright.It must be fairly tight there now.The same person was on breakfast from 6 to 10,and on again from 4.30pm to 7pm.Surely they must have someone who could have covered one of those shows.

remember those radio ads on drugs as well, they used to play a neil young song in those ads, "seeing the needle and damage done..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

I was in the Tipp area on Tuesday evening and put on the 5-30pm news on the car radio. The woman that read the news, is she English, American or Irish with a very posh accent. She sounded like a mix of Agnes Brown and Maria's mother Hiliary having one of their posh chats, very hard to make out at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

>SNIP<

>SNIP<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I don't think Alison and Carol are sisters.Who's idea was the pink mini bus type thing,that they use as an OB unit?

I don't think Alison and Carol are sisters.Who's idea was the pink mini bus type thing,that they use as an OB unit?

Had a listen today and while I didn't catch the name I heard a really good female voice on news . May have been Alison Hyland ? If so she sounded great .

>SNIP<

Tipp FM could do with some presenters with some bit of a creative mind....They all sound bored and like robot's...Its got a bad dose of "This is " "That was " type of radio.The adds and promos are boring,it seems like not a lot of thought goes into them,and the promo the bejaysus out of programmes.Where have all the good presenters gone?..It used to sound a lot better than it is now.If whats on there at the moment,is all they can offer the county,they may as well turn off and lock the door.

Tipp FM could do with some presenters with some bit of a creative mind....They all sound bored and like robot's...Its got a bad dose of "This is " "That was " type of radio.The adds and promos are boring,it seems like not a lot of thought goes into them,and the promo the bejaysus out of programmes.Where have all the good presenters gone?..It used to sound a lot better than it is now.If whats on there at the moment,is all they can offer the county,they may as well turn off and lock the door.

Where do you find presenters with a " creative mind ? Who are all these good presenters that worked there ?

I like cariol power and the way she presents the programme.
    Tony brooks is also nice and cheerful. He really plays nice country music.

The competitions are good aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Could posters please refrain from speculation on things like who may be related to whom, and what organisations folks may or may not be involved with.

Had someone involved with the station get in touch today to point out that a number of things in the thread as of late are not true.

johnplayer wrote: »
    Where do you find presenters with a " creative mind ? Who are all these good presenters that worked there ?

Well not on Tipp FM. When I say creative,I mean they could be more creative with their scripting/voice-over of adverts.Instead we get what sounds to me, like a shopping list shouted over some backing track.I think WLR in Waterford are a good example of clever scripting of adverts.What do I mean by creative presenters?..Well someone not using bits of the Sun/Mirror for programme material.They used to have a guy in the afternoon that made for interesting listening,one part of the programme,was a fictional character,that made prank phone calls.If I had the chance to respond to you post sooner,I may have wrongly named some past prestenters who worked at the show,and it came across on air,but following a post from a mod,I will not do this now.It seems,someone from the station is reading this thread,If so,could I point out a couple of thing that drive me nuts?The word is US,not UZ....Call us now,not Call uz now.....and Its HIS not HEES....His name is,not hees name is. small things maybe,but its radio,where talking is a big part of the job,and it may as well be done correct.My post is my opinion,agreement is not necessary.

Well not on Tipp FM. When I say creative,I mean they could be more creative with their scripting/voice-over of adverts.Instead we get what sounds to me, like a shopping list shouted over some backing track.I think WLR in Waterford are a good example of clever scripting of adverts.What do I mean by creative presenters?..Well someone not using bits of the Sun/Mirror for programme material.They used to have a guy in the afternoon that made for interesting listening,one part of the programme,was a fictional character,that made prank phone calls.If I had the chance to respond to you post sooner,I may have wrongly named some past prestenters who worked at the show,and it came across on air,but following a post from a mod,I will not do this now.It seems,someone from the station is reading this thread,If so,could I point out a couple of thing that drive me nuts?The word is US,not UZ....Call us now,not Call uz now.....and Its HIS not HEES....His name is,not hees name is. small things maybe,but its radio,where talking is a big part of the job,and it may as well be done correct.My post is my opinion,agreement is not necessary.

Ok thanks for your response . I don't know any of the people you are suggesting but your post is of interest .

that is the tipp accent. tipp folk do not say with him. they say weesh heem. I was weesh heem. Or he told me heemself. Another is unnatural = twas un naaatural

The guy who was doing the GAA advert said The ball is thron in and the game is on...and there was up to haf a millon in prizes. If someone from the Station is reading maybe they would explain their local news, or lack of it, at weekends

• Advertisement

Whats with the word legendary on the Tipp FM programme promotions.The word play on the go home show is "Legendary "...The presenters are "Legendary" Its like,if they say it enough,its true.I suppose it wont ever be opposed when licences are renewed,because of the way things are money wise,which is a great pity.What really annoys me is the current affairs guy each morning..In interviews,he is more interested in showing off what he knows,instead of giving the listener information.No matter what subject,he has done it ,been there,worn the Tshirt...would the powers that are there,tell him,just be the link between the listener and the contributior!

morning show pretty pathetic this week with all the silly diy stories. they must be stuck for something to talk about

Was in Tipp on wed and Thursday . Enjoyed what I heard . Like the lunchtime show and the drive time show . Missed most other parts .

Whatever happened to Tipp FM day...the proceeds went Crumlins Childrens Hospital....Are they doing any outside broadcast for the busking festival? Beat 102/103 will be there on one of the days.

Whatever happened to Tipp FM day...the proceeds went Crumlins Childrens Hospital....Are they doing any outside broadcast for the busking festival? Beat 102/103 will be there on one of the days.
    That is a good reason to avoid the busking.

LoveCoke wrote: »
    That is a good reason to avoid the busking.

The busking festival will be top notch again this year.Remember all the gigs are free,all you have to do is make a donation,its a very worthy cause.Plenty on offer,so head out,have fun and donate:)

The busking festival will be top notch again this year.Remember all the gigs are free,all you have to do is make a donation,its a very worthy cause.Plenty on offer,so head out,have fun and donate:)
    How do you know are you involved with it?
    Beat 102 are ones to avoid

LoveCoke wrote: »
    How do you know are you involved with it?
    Beat 102 are ones to avoid

I know because of the acts confirmed,check the Clonmel Busking FB page:)

Whats with the word legendary on the Tipp FM programme promotions.The word play on the go home show is "Legendary "...The presenters are "Legendary" Its like,if they say it enough,its true.I suppose it wont ever be opposed when licences are renewed,because of the way things are money wise,which is a great pity.What really annoys me is the current affairs guy each morning..In interviews,he is more interested in showing off what he knows,instead of giving the listener information.No matter what subject,he has done it ,been there,worn the Tshirt...would the powers that are there,tell him,just be the link between the listener and the contributior!
    they have got a new ten year licence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Congratulations to tipp fm. I am happy for them.
    We are well served in county tipperary.
    We have Tipp FM, Tipp Mid West, beat, spin, plus all the national stations and the neighbouring counties radio stations also.
    I do listen to tipp fm, and tipp mid west.

Advertisement