Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Game of the Week, Week 5

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

damn you Sera, now I've got an uncontrollable urge to Youtube the Sonic R soundtrack

Damn you Grouch, now I'm hearing the Sonic R themes in my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

damn you Sera, now I've got an uncontrollable urge to Youtube the Sonic R soundtrack
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn you Grouch, now I'm hearing the Sonic R themes in my head!
    tumblr_inline_mosbevvuXp1qz4rgp.gif
    That was my plan all along! And there's no Batman to save you with his "urge for Sonic R ost reversal spray" either. Muhahahaha~
    tumblr_n3sruyW6ah1qdszopo1_500.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I call you out, Fuzzy/Dizzy!!
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    You know for the most opinionated member when it comes to gaming on boards.ie, i have never once seen Retr0 use the term "imo / in my opinion!"

Its almost like he tries to get his views across as fact the odd time on here! :pac:

But I'm always right.... In my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm actually quite the fan of old school Amy Rose as well. Thought she was fun as the obsessive Sonic fanboy. She's just gotten boring now that they changed that.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    But I'm always right.... In my opinion.

Sadly, a lot of the time, however much I try to argue with him, he's right.
    Which is why we all want to punch him in the testes see more of his enlightened opinions in A&R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    The original 2D game will be 25 years old in June! :eek:

Isn't it amazing how much games changed in the 5 years between the originals and Duke 3D, compared to Duke 3D and games now?

I think that's why it seems so insane to think it's 20 years old.

Plus it also made me realize I would have been 12 when I was throwing money at those pixelated strippers :pac:

Save it for the next GotW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

FFVII was released 19 years ago today in Japan.

Maybe a good one for the week after.

• Advertisement

Just finished Sonic 2, admittedly with a little help from the generous save system on the 3DS version.
    What an excellent game, surprised it has taken me this long to get to it!

What about the 2 player mode though, the visual compression is ingenious though I don't think they repeated it in later games, did they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What about the 2 player mode though, the visual compression is ingenious though I don't think they repeated it in later games, did they?
    I'm not sure on the compression part but there was a 2P mode in Sonic 3 just in case you might have missed it. They were totally different levels to the 1p mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

missed this! on my phone so no long post ...but in a nutshell: Sonic 2 ..loved it..probably fave sonic game... If I remember rightly finished it but didnt get the full ending ..the co op tails mode was fantastic and the bonus levels were a game in themselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

also Blood was a better game than Duke 3d...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement