Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD EPL Fantasy Football

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bale :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

hypermuse wrote: »
    damn it I forgot to change my team.. been so busy these last 2/3 weeks.. I have 5 players on the pitch with 0 points!! :D:o:(:mad:

Same here, wildcard time next up to make up for it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

67,not great considering.
    Eagles and van the man saved me,although I think ade will overtake me once the bonus points come in

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    67,not great considering.
    Eagles and van the man saved me,although I think ade will overtake me once the bonus points come in

Still 3rd, 6 points off from yourself. Happy enough with that. Up to 16th in the soccer forum league too which I'm well pleased with.
    Nice little bit of breathing space as well for the top 4 incase any of us have a poor GW and the rest have a very good one too which is a bonus. Was hoping to get closer to yer man at the top whoever he is.

Now, to decide whether to get rid of Ba or not. Hmmmm....

Not happy with my team at all for tomorrow,not one bit.
    Considering taking a 4 point hit to change things around.

69 points.
    Now 2nd in our league.
    Ade scoring a brace was a bit of a kick to the nads, ramdom leading guy has him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Used my wildcard last night got rid of Rooney , Aguero and Nani .

edit - finished on 71 points, gap slightly closed to colm carew 4(:confused:)
    Shammy wrote: »
    Used my wildcard last night got rid of Rooney , Aguero and Nani .

Only the 3 players rid Shammy?

With City on the brink of elimination from the CL, I expect we'll see less rotation now. That was one my worry about City players especially the attackers. I still see them rotating the squad if in the Europa League but not to the same level if in CL.

United have some good fixtures coming up too afaik. Half considering bringing in Rooney on Santi Munez in a week or two time myself, more considering the latter as he can justify price more often than not. Rooney can't atm.

Got rid of Ramsey for Walters. I really considered this on Friday but decided to give Ramsey one more chance... errr yup did diddly squat on the FF front again and.... Walters scored to rub salt into the wounds. As soon as he scored, I made the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

edit - finished on 71 points, gap slightly closed to colm carew 4(:confused:)

Only the 3 players rid Shammy?

With City on the brink of elimination from the CL, I expect we'll see less rotation now. That was one my worry about City players especially the attackers. I still see them rotating the squad if in the Europa League but not to the same level if in CL.

United have some good fixtures coming up too afaik. Half considering bringing in Rooney on Santi Munez in a week or two time myself, more considering the latter as he can justify price more often than not. Rooney can't atm.

Got rid of Ramsey for Walters. I really considered this on Friday but decided to give Ramsey one more chance... errr yup did diddly squat on the FF front again and.... Walters scored to rub salt into the wounds. As soon as he scored, I made the transfer.

They were my 3 big changes .

de dea for given
    richards for simpson
    eagles and walters for nani and larsson
    Van persie and adebayor for rooney and aguero .

Knowing my luck i can see Van Persie getting injured.

Shammy wrote: »
    They were my 3 big changes .

de dea for given
    richards for simpson
    eagles and walters for nani and larsson
    Van persie and adebayor for rooney and aguero .

Knowing my luck i can see Van Persie getting injured.

Ah man, Given. I'm disappointed in ya :P

Richards is a sound choice alright as is Walters. Eagles too statistically, I just can't bring myself to back any Bolton players personally. Their in a real scrap this season.

I'm kinda looking forward to the inevitable RVP big injury a season, cat amongst the pigeons so it'll be :D

• Advertisement

No stopping El loco toro ! :P

73 points this week in the end after bonus points were awarded and overhauled colm carew. Second best score this week finished 19 off of me with 54 points.

Little breathing space between me and second, not much but enough to cover a single player I don't have doing well so long as he isn't capt probably. Still a nice gap between top 4 and rest too.

Inspired move getting in Ade for Kun 2 mins before the deadline shut on Saturday morning :D, Mata was on a thin line and came up trumps. Shame Ba was on the bench but not many could have visioned what happened at Old Tratford.

BP's are a joke this year.

If your a defender or a goalie you don't seem to get any
    Also not having Ba on my team is killing me at this stage

If your a defender or a goalie you don't seem to get any
    Also not having Ba on my team is killing me at this stage

I've had defenders earn me some BP's but it's unpredictable for sure.
    Keepers on the other hand... bs.

This one made me laugh:

Szczesny, no saves, 1 bonus point.

Vorm, 6 saves, one penalty save, 0 bonus points.

Safe to say to have absolutely ruined the game this year.

86 points :)

378th Overall :D

Talk about scrapping for every point, sessh that was a rough round for everyone. Managed 56 points somehow. Anybody over 45 points did real well this GW. Still leading in our league and .. now 2nd(!) in the soccer forum Boards league! :D In the top 300 overall as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Talk about scrapping for every point, sessh that was a rough round for everyone. Managed 56 points somehow. Anybody over 45 points did real well this GW. Still leading in our league and .. now 2nd(!) in the soccer forum Boards league! :D In the top 300 overall as well.

Top 300, of the world, overall? :eek:

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Top 300, of the world, overall? :eek:

Yup, 286th out of near 2.7 million players.

• Advertisement

Yup, 286th out of near 2.7 million players.

Damn. Can I've your autograph? :p

I think the highest my roommate last year was 2,000 and he never shut up about FF :p

Ya got a bit of luck too I noticed,simpson with 8 points replaced dyer with 1 as you hadn't enough defenders.

Ya got a bit of luck too I noticed,simpson with 8 points replaced dyer with 1 as you hadn't enough defenders.

Scouting are we :p

Scouting are we :p

No I noticed your comment in the other thread
    Feckin Dyer coming on means I lose out on Simpson's 6 points.

Currently on 30 points with Bale left.

Touch n go whether I progress in the cup still.

Thought I was goin to gain some points this week......o well:)

No I noticed your comment in the other thread

Thought I was goin to gain some points this week......o well:)

Considering I had zero luck early doors, it was overdue ;)

Cheers lads, no one really took advantage of me forgetting about the DGW deadline. I thought the first set of matches were on the following day from when it was :/

Wanted BAE in and to captain Bale but alas it wasn't to be.

• Advertisement

Oh and btw, if you didn't already know, there's a 2nd and final wildcard everyone received last week. Played mine there last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will probs use it after next week, need a big 2nd half to say the least.

I captained Ade........fail.

I hate GW's like this. No idea who I'm gonna captain :(

In the midst of playing my wildcard,7 changes still not happy

• Advertisement

In the midst of playing my wildcard,7 changes still not happy

Wildcards have a way of tormenting all, just pull the trigger Perrin, fall asleep and make sure not to turn on the computer or whatever before the transfer deadline! :pac:

Wildcards have a way of tormenting all, just pull the trigger Perrin, fall asleep and make sure not to turn on the computer or whatever before the transfer deadline! :pac:

O I'm making some radical changes,lotta similiar teams so gonna go a bit mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This team got me over 60 points last week so iv stuck with this.
    Vorm
    Enrique-R.Taylor-Taylor(Swansea)
    Nani-Silva-Walcott-Sinclair
    RVP-Rooney-Morison

Every chance I took backfired,4 points outta 5 players.dropped sessengon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Every chance I took backfired,4 points outta 5 players.dropped sessengon too

Dempsey and sessengon ftw

Bonus points

Cup of

cup_of_LOL_LOL-s448x394-48055-580.gif

was had.

Had Mclean (7) and Graham (10) on the bench :(

Only got 51

Dempsey, Valencia, McClean and Graham all deserved bonus points. Mind boggling the BP system.

So as some might have noticed, there's a new title under my username - Fantasy Sports Arena. Might take a day or two to for things to kick off as such, but if anyone wants advice, share info, whine about BP's :P and what not on a grander scale, it'd be worth venturing into the forum. A lot of threads from around boards regarding the fantasy game will be moved there also.

Ade

No idea who is still following this and I've not exactly been posting up the league table every gameweek like I said I would but sure I'll do it now while I remember -

2rr55b6.png
    23jl3yh.png

• Advertisement

C and VP didn't play. Had no goal scorers. Had a red card. Woop

Pogamania is running wild!

Still not last, poor Saulgoode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sitting gracefully in 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Still not last, poor Saulgoode.

Haaha! I'm same as you.. shocked I'm not last! aint even opened FF since week 6 or something like that! was so determined to do well and everything!!

Sitting gracefully in 10th

I thought you were colm carew! o.O

No idea who is still following this and I've not exactly been posting up the league table every gameweek like I said I would but sure I'll do it now while I remember -

2rr55b6.png
    23jl3yh.png

Forget a few names... :P

14 Dwarf Shortage Damien O'Rourke 47 1,354
    15 Overpaid 11 Kevin M 40 1,353
    16 Badger City Sean Cody 28 1,339

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

We have a new leader, thought it was wrapped up a long time ago :)

iMuse wrote: »
    We have a new leader, thought it was wrapped up a long time ago :)

Chipping away for the last few weeks,point here,point there long way to go yet.

• Advertisement

I have been taking risks in the early hours of deadline days to get back into the SF league hence fallen back in other leagues.

Advertisement