Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leftovers [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great episode. Anything regarding the scientific approach to such an unfathomable event is also fascinating. I do wish they would get rid of the dead person appearing and talking to a character trope. Ever since Battlestar Galactica I've seen it in numerous shows and it just get a bit old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Episode 6 was another cracker. Some incredible acting and its really hard to take your eyes off the screen for even a second. Nora & Erika were really strong, great chemistry between them.

It really is criminal this show is not more popular :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Some absolute gold in that episode.

Erika's breakdown, while emotionally driven, was actually quite rational (as well as being useful for explaining some of the strange occurrences in Jarden).
    Look forward to learning more about her "family" (father/in-law or whatever) and what he did resulting in a shooting.

The fact that a "Scientific" study has given weight to the idea that Nora is the vessel of a demon is fantastic. It just adds to the manic way people are affected by the departure, when the scientists first inquired about Nora's kitchen earlier in the season, I was expecting something a bit more grounded than Azazel! Scientists be crazy!

Interesting developments with Tom as well, considering how stable he was when we last saw him.

DSD interview was good again, good mirroring between the two mothers.

Justin Theroux is top drawer. His reluctant acceptance was near heartbreaking. He seems completely hopeless, and embarrassed by it.

The plot hasn't jumped forward a whole lot towards an end-game this season, but it really has developed the crazy world it's set in.

Loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Why aren't people watching and talking about this show! Came into work this morning and people were talking about some ****e Irish comedy show. *confused*

Another AMAZING episode. The tension between Nora and Erika was, Jaysus.

Lots of mondaying answers to the weird things people do in the town which I loved, no left unanswered questions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Some amount of product placement for Apple. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

http://www.thelivingreminders.com/2015/11/chat-w-max-richter-episode-28-leftovers.html?spref=tw

Chat w/ Max Richter - Episode 28 - The Leftovers Podcast: The Living Reminders
    Hosts Mary and Blake chat with Max Richter, the immeasurably talented composer who writes the score on The Leftovers. In this episode you'll learn all about: how Max came on the project, the different instruments he uses, the different ways he uses them, how he comes up with certain themes and why, happy accidents, the blending of traditional orchestra with electronica, easter eggs for season 2, his favorite scores and much more!

Azalea wrote: »
    Some amount of product placement for Apple. :)

Was there? Honestly, I was so drawn into what was happening, that nothing registered on my mind as product placement.

I loved the bit at the end, with his being told that he's made a big mistake telling Nora, just as a rock goes flying through the window.

Was there? Honestly, I was so drawn into what was happening, that nothing registered on my mind as product placement.
    iPhones all over the gaff, since the first episode. The phone is a constant motif. Seems to be the way on a few shows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Azalea wrote: »
    iPhones all over the gaff, since the first episode. The phone is a constant motif. Seems to be the way on a few shows though.

Given the low audience figures despite the quality of the show, it needs the cash where it can find it. And anything that leaves Apple out of pocket is fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The soundtrack/music is possibly the best on TV in recent memory. Absolutely brilliant.
    The revamped theme tune is great. Loving the subtleties in how the image that fills in anyone who appears to have disappeared is actually a moving image (along with the actor's names too) such as a flowing river, a shooting star etc.
    Almost signifying that these people who have disappeared are continuing their lives while the people who are still here are frozen in time, unable to move one.

• Advertisement

Given the low audience figures despite the quality of the show, it needs the cash where it can find it.
    Oh yeah, not complaining - just an observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Really enjoying the new series…..seem to be a week behind constantly as I need to ‘save’ it for nights when I’m not distracted or tired.

It is indeed hard to know exactly where the plot is going but for me it doesn’t really matter as the journey is so enjoyable.

The use of music is the best I’ve ever seen/heard on television….the Regina Spektor** song (“Nobody laughs at god”) in the recent episode was stunning imho.

Many shows try to shoehorn in tracks like that but it generally takes away from the action or (worse still) comes across as mawkish and sentimental.

**Had to google the song....I'm far from being a musical hipster-boffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was a great episode, Kevin's confession at the end was excellent, just wish we could have heard Pattie during the scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Another episode knocked out of the park and as for the ending...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Holy f**k that was another brilliant episode

What the fuck?

.... what an ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What the fuck?

.... what an ending.

Is that a good or bad WTF? ;)

... I really hope he isn't actually dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

That was phenomenal. Holy sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Justin Theroux was fantastic in that episode, you can really feel his desperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Holy. Fkking. Sht. That was something else. It gets weirder and weirder with each episode, and yet better and better. Just don't even know how to comprehend what happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Another brilliant episode. There is usually 1 or 2 characters I can find fault in most shows but not this one, they're all very good.

I noticed when Michael and Jill were talking into the church
    the following sign was hung up on the wall

And they both went down into the water Act 8:38.

Wonder has this to do with Kevin trying to drown himself. The main poster this season has Kevin and Nora in water.

I'm probably totally misreading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I'm guessing that during the earlier visit the grandfather was being sincere, but by the evening he found out the handprint was a match and was holding him responsible for the disappearances. However, I would expect that John would want to interrogate him first for possible information about what happened to his daughter rather than just immediately murder him and never have any answers.

One possibility is that he misrepresented the drug he was giving him and it knocked him out without killing him, so he'll awake tied up in the presence of a very angry, grieving father who thinks he killed his daughter. The way it happened doesn't quite add up, but neither does killing him before asking questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

What an ending. The series is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

was not expecting that :D

I just bought the first season box set for the folks based off of last night's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Quite the ending.

You just know the next episode will be a Laurie and Tommy one, now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Speechless. Focking hell.
    When he started pouring the antidote onto the floor I found myself cursing at the television to an extent last seen in the final scene of the most recent season of Game of Thrones. Crestfallen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I assume the old fella killed himself because otherwise Kevin would follow him in the same way as Patti wound up following Kevin? Theroux has been great but I hope he stays dead if he is indeed dead, there's enough happening, no need to throw resurrections in

Show's really great, season two is a radical step up too.

Anachrony wrote: »
    I'm guessing that during the earlier visit the grandfather was being sincere, but by the evening he found out the handprint was a match and was holding him responsible for the disappearances. However, I would expect that John would want to interrogate him first for possible information about what happened to his daughter rather than just immediately murder him and never have any answers.

One possibility is that he misrepresented the drug he was giving him and it knocked him out without killing him, so he'll awake tied up in the presence of a very angry, grieving father who thinks he killed his daughter. The way it happened doesn't quite add up, but neither does killing him before asking questions.

That's an interesting idea! Maybe the grandson, knowing what was going to happen, swapped out the poison with something that would only knock him out.

When he sprayed the drug on the floor, I literally said, "what the hell are you doing?!"

• Advertisement

Anachrony wrote: »

I like that theory. Although, definitely Kev's handprint?
    was not expecting that :D

I just bought the first season box set for the folks based off of last night's episode
    I will convert people to this show if it's the last thing I do. All my gushing praise isn't even slightly overselling it.

Advertisement