Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

GNRTruth is a demented forum. And I mean demented.

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things - 1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

2: His wrestling tag team partner, Chasyn Rance, is a convicted sex offender, for having underage sex with a teenage girl.

One of the main posters on that forum is the infamous Warchild aka Jim aka MaryBeth aka GGTrunk. She has tons of fake profiles on there and will argue back and forth with herself all day long. She is legit 100% psychotic.

MYGNR is now run by Downzy, an absolute tosser of the highest order. He has turned the place into a family friendly politically correct killjoy safe space. All the personalities, highest posters and people who kept that forum alive since 2002 have more or less stopped posting, been banned or otherwise vanished thanks to Downzy and his gang of politically correct moderators.

HTGTH is run by a little Hitler. It's a dead forum these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Red King wrote: »

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things -
    1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

2: His wrestling tag team partner, Chasyn Rance, is a convicted sex offender, for having underage sex with a teenage girl.

One of the main posters on that forum is the infamous Warchild aka Jim aka MaryBeth aka GGTrunk. She has tons of fake profiles on there and will argue back and forth with herself all day long. She is legit 100% psychotic.

MYGNR is now run by Downzy, an absolute tosser of the highest order. He has turned the place into a family friendly politically correct killjoy safe space. All the personalities, highest posters and people who kept that forum alive since 2002 have more or less stopped posting, been banned or otherwise vanished thanks to Downzy and his gang of politically correct moderators.

I KNEW his profile looks the same as his twitter profile pic. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Red King wrote: »

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things - 1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

Ah yeah on GnR truth there's definitely a few headers and posters of questionable character but that's what makes it interesting
    Is there any other sites out there of merit apart from our own civilised all welcoming GnR forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was GunsNFNRoses, don't know if it's still around.

Slash at sound check for the Guns N' Roses 'reunion' show at The Troubadour

13241260_1002776306438065_4490895403204139808_n.jpg?oh=030b3e19c67c2f3c89e7297351980a43&oe=57DA794B

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slash at sound check for the Guns N' Roses 'reunion' show at The Troubadour

13241260_1002776306438065_4490895403204139808_n.jpg?oh=030b3e19c67c2f3c89e7297351980a43&oe=57DA794B

Cool thin lizzy t- shirt deanos bar and grill Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rumours of a euro tour visting Spain, Portugal and England around September/October time

Wembley Stadium the venue for the English gigs

Really hope they play here in 2017. 2016 has been weak enough for irish gigs (springsteen the excemption)

Openers for the Not In This Lifetime Tour

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lenny-kravitz-talks-touring-with-guns-n-roses-this-summer-20160518
    Alice in Chains will join the group on the first few dates, from June 23rd in Detroit through July 3rd in Chicago, and Lenny Kravitz will be performing with the reunited group at their shows in Foxboro, Massachusetts (July 19th and 20th) and East Rutherford, New Jersey (July 23rd and 24th).

PTH2009 wrote: »
    rumours of a euro tour visting Spain, Portugal and England around September/October time

Wembley Stadium the venue for the English gigs

Really hope they play here in 2017. 2016 has been weak enough for irish gigs (springsteen the excemption)

Where are the rumours for the Euro tour coming from??

• Advertisement

Where are the rumours for the Euro tour coming from??

I heard it when Axl was been interviewed/ doorsteped in Lisbon on of the nights before the ac⚡️DC he was asked would GnR be coming to Portugal and Axl in good spirits said yes very soon it's in the process of been sorted out I'll have look for the clip in Internet land.

I'd say this is it.
    https://youtu.be/D84jiE3oQLQ

About 1:24

Imagine if they done a late September/October Euro arena tour with the sse arena and the 3arena being included.

When is axl doing the US acdc tour ??

AC/DC's U.S tour has been rescheduled until later in the year, November I think.

RQ was probably the best closing song on all of the GNR albums.

It's a shame The Spaghetti Incident doesn't get more love, despite it being a covers album, it does have some good covers on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's a shame The Spaghetti Incident doesn't get more love, despite it being a covers album, it does have some good covers on it.

Why is it called The Spaghetti Incident?

I'd say it gets no love because it's from the band that gave the world Appetite For Destruction....and it's a bleedin covers album. The worst things about UYI are Live & Let Die and...ugh...Knocking On Heaven's Door*.

*if we all agree to ignore My World

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Why is it called The Spaghetti Incident?

I'd say it gets no love because it's from the band that gave the world Appetite For Destruction....and it's a bleedin covers album. The worst things about UYI are Live & Let Die and...ugh...Knocking On Heaven's Door*.

*if we all agree to ignore My World

The reason it's titled The Spaghetti Incident,
    it's an inside joke referring to a food fight between Axl Rose and Steven Adler. Much was made of this food fight during Adler's lawsuit against the band in 1993, in which Adler's attorney referred to it as "the Spaghetti Incident". The meaning was explained by drummer Matt Sorum in a 1994 interview with Much Music and confirmed by Slash in his autobiography, Slash.

I love the cover of Live And Let Die, Live Knockin' On Heaven's Door, even the one from Freddie's tribute show when Axl goes "Gimme some reggae" > The version that ended up on UYII,

Less said about My World the better, you'd wonder where Axl's head was when he decided to record that..

He's up an at em
    Seems to be on his feet for most of the Vienna gig

https://youtu.be/L0tLkf4La-4

Even attempting a few high kicks 😄

• Advertisement

Rehearsals under way for the Not In This Lifetime Summer tour.

13237693_1005098919539137_1354824485193887573_n.jpg?oh=85d4b9a1cc3f5a35a087d4b370b4a60b&oe=57CB1125

13237693_1005098919539137_1354824485193887573_n.jpg?oh=85d4b9a1cc3f5a35a087d4b370b4a60b&oe=57CB1125

Is that Mellisa on vocals
    That Axl lad better have a good excuse for missing rehearsals this time
    Just noticed Slash has two Gibson Explorers there 🤔 The only song on use your illusion that he used the explorer on was locomotive could they be about to unleash that live they played it early 91 and I don't think they played it since apart form the jam with Jeff beck in Paris 92 where sourm blew out becks hearing

Is that Mellisa on vocals
    That Axl lad better have a good excuse for missing rehearsals this time
    Just noticed Slash has two Gibson Explorers there 🤔 The only song on use your illusion that he used the explorer on was locomotive could they be about to unleash that live they played it early 91 and I don't think they played it since apart form the jam with Jeff beck in Paris 92 where sourm blew out becks hearing

It looks like it's duff's wife susan.
    I take it the comment about axl is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So are they covering "Stayin' Alive"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

They coming to Ireland?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It looks like it's duff's wife susan.
    I take it the comment about axl is a joke.

Yeah I forgot the smiley face thing about Axl
    I stand corrected on the locomotive dates they played it a handful of times durinig the illusion tour.

• Advertisement

Guns have only played Locomotive 5 times in total.. Plus seeing those Slash with Gibson Explorer's again, who knows...
    Locomotive
    This song was played 4 times in 1991, and once in 1992. It was first played live on 19.07.1991.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Guns have only played Locomotive 5 times in total.. Plus seeing those Slash with Gibson Explorer's again, who knows...

Those are Gibson Firebirds.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Firebird.aspx

Schwiiing wrote: »

My bad just seen the general shape and got giddy forgot about the firebird having the curvy shape and reverse headstock. As opposed to pointy shape and regular headstock

Schwiiing wrote: »

Ah my mistake so, didn't think Slash used Firebirds, but the link below proves other wise

http://www.groundguitar.com/slash-gear/

All the guitars he's used..

Tonight marks the 25th anniversary of the start of the use your illusion tour in 1991. 24th of may at the alpine valley music theatre in East troy Wisconsin.

And little did we know that 25 years later that axl,slash and duff would be sharing the stage again willingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's insane

UYI tour was also the greatest tour known to man in rock history... the recklessness was just immense... it cannot be repeated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

UYI tour was also the greatest tour known to man in rock history... the recklessness was just immense... it cannot be repeated...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In what sense...???

It was the longest tour in history at the time.i don't know if it still is. I think it was 195 shows over nearly two years. There were two riots. One arrest warrant issued. One band member died for a couple of minutes.

It was the longest tour in history at the time.i don't know if it still is. I think it was 195 shows over nearly two years. There were two riots. One arrest warrant issued. One band member died for a couple of minutes.

So a tea party compared to some of the stuff that probably went on in the 70s?

Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

Pause

Slash walks on axls piano and outro begins.

Magic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

Pause

Slash walks on axls piano and outro begins.

Magic stuff.

You what?

You what?

Watching the November Rain video I guess

You what?

November rain lyrics Mickey.

• Advertisement

Watching the November Rain video I guess

Either that or hallucinating

Either that or hallucinating

It's fecking obviously the former for Jaysus sake.

It's fecking obviously the former for Jaysus sake.

I was JOKING ffs

Axl's gonna be busy, after Guns finish their Not In This Lifetime summer tour on August 22nd, Axl then switches his attention back to AC/DC for the rescheduled U.S dates, which begin on August 27th.

Axl's gonna be busy, after Guns finish their Not In This Lifetime summer tour on August 22nd, Axl then switches his attention back to AC/DC for the rescheduled U.S dates, which begin on August 27th.

prob hit europe with guns in 2017 sometime Although theres rumours on mygnrforum that a euro tour will take place in the Autumn of this year

prob hit europe with guns in 2017 sometime Although theres rumours on mygnrforum that a euro tour will take place in the Autumn of this year

2017 makes a lot of sense, I remember Andy Copping tweeting a good while ago, that he already had the first headliner for Download 2017 booked or almost booked, I can't recall which, first headliner for next year could be Guns N' Roses possibly.. Guess it's wait and see on those rumours for later this year..

I think Axl will be looking for a break in the autumn. I mean he's is putting in some shift
    The last few months, I've only heard bits of Axl singing with AC/DC and he seems to be hitting the jackpot and seems to be standing on his foot in a boot.

And his voice sounds in great form.

Axl will definitely deserve a break when he's done with both tours, plus Guns down time allows Slash to reconvene Myles & The Conspirators to record album #3, assuming said Guns downtime doesn't cut into Alter Bridge's touring..

• Advertisement

Was I the only person to play paradise city during the mighty weather this week. I did both studio and live. I did it because cork city is the real life paradise city being honest.

Advertisement