Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikini Wax Etiquette

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

coco83 wrote: »
    neurofen thins the blood and this can cause more pain when getting waxed!

Regular use of Neurofen causes your blood to thin (as does asprin) and the over use of them (or any other pain killer) can lead to addiction and a myriad of problems. Taking 2 before you get waxed every so often is not
    going to do you any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sunnydelight

Hi new here Hello.

Was thinking of getting a Brazilian done, not good with pain so have be working up to it for ages. Anyway Q. for you guys who have had it done, What is the regrowth like? and on a scale of 1-10 how painfully? I usually use Veet or Shave. Have never waxed anywhere.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Hi new here Hello.

Was thinking of getting a Brazilian done, not good with pain so have be working up to it for ages. Anyway Q. for you guys who have had it done, What is the regrowth like? and on a scale of 1-10 how painfully? I usually use Veet or Shave. Have never waxed anywhere.

thanks

You're not good with pain and you've never waxed?

OK, it will hurt, A LOT, the first time.

Try to find a salon that uses hot wax,as its less painlful than strip wax and better for ingrowns, and take a nurofen/difene half hour before hand, this makes a huge difference to the pain.

It gets easier the more you do it, for the most part its OK, certain areas are more sore than others.

don't let the pain put you off; they're the business;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I don't find it that painful at all but am not very hairy down there anyway, therapist said it's not so bad if you don't have very thick/dense hair down there. I'd recommend Urban Wax, very nice and professional and they will make it as pain-free as possible for you. +1 to taking a couple of Nurofen Plus beforehand, just make sure to take them with food.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

But avoid caffeine immediately before. I had slept really badly the night before an appointment once and had a strong coffee about an hour before I went in. I was so bloody jumpy, I know I made it a lot worse for myself.

And the feel of the re-growth is unnoticeable. Imo the pain from the waxing is less than the discomfort from re-growth following shaving or depilatory cream use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

A friend of mine is a beautician and has had clients presenting themsleves for these kind of waxes during their period; no tampon or mooncup:eek:

I have to say I think thats pretty disrespectful to the therapist.

Prob looks like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie after their finished getting it done!!

Advertisement