Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

Where and when is the tipp challenge on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

malascoile wrote: »
    Where and when is the tipp challenge on?
    Sunday 12th Cloughduv 7pm.
    There playing Galway then around June more than likely in Galway or close to it but nothing has been finalised yet as far I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Should be a tight enough game for the ladies, but yet again, I expect their battling qualities to come to the fore and win by 4!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its a strange one to be playing Mayo. Monaghan were heavy favourites to win that semi final, and I wasn't the only one shocked that they lost it. Brid Stack is playing full back, and will be marking Cora Staunton, who beat Monaghan on her own! The other interesting battle will be Angela Walsh playing centre forward on Martha Carter. Elaine Harte starts in goals, first game all season after her achilles injury.

Cork: Elaine Harte, Ann Marie Walsh (c), Brid Stack, Aisling Barrett, Briege Corkery, Deidre O Reilly, Geraldine O Flynn, Annie Walsh, Rena Buckley, Orlagh Famer, Angela Walsh, Orla Finn, Valerie Mulcahy, Rhona Ni Bhuachailla, Emma Farmer.

Gutted I can't be at the game, worse still I probably won't be able to watch it on TV, have to go to referee a game in Oxford!

• Advertisement

Not sure if this helps at all, but as far as I'm aware 103 FM are doing the Ladies Final live on the radio.

Tipperary will play Cork in a Senior Hurling challenge game at Cloughduv, County Cork on Sunday May 12th at 7:00pm.  Robert Frost Munster Council Chairman is performing the opening and the throw in is at 7pm. Referee for game is Michael Wadding Waterford.  There is a curtain raiser at 5pm with Cloughduv playing Eire Og. The Tipperary team selected is as follows;  1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)  2. John O’Keeffe (Clonoulty Rossmore)  3. Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)  4. Donagh Maher (Burgess)  5. Tomás Hamill (Killea)  6. Conor O’Mahony (Newport)  7. James Barry (Upperchurch Drombane)  8. Brendan Maher (Borris–Ileigh) CAPTAIN  9. Kieran Bergin (Killenaule)  10. Jason Forde (Silvermines)  11. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)  12. John O’Dwyer (Killenaule)  13. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens)  14. Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone)  15. Timmy Hammersley (Clonoulty Rossmore)  Na Fir Ionad  Paul Curran (Mullinahone)  Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)  Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty) 

A strong tipp team for tommorrow which is good news for Cork.

Congratulations to Ladies Football team for winning the League.7 titles in 9 years is some achievement in fairness.
    Unfortunately the Camoige minor team lost the All ireland Final replay to Kilkenny today.

Big week next week for the Cork minor footballers.
    A huge game in Thurles against Current holders Tippereary.
    Win and Cork are guaranteed two more games at the very least an all ireland quaterfinal.Loose and Cork are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Where could I I get the SFC results forvthis weekend?

• Advertisement

Where could I I get the SFC results forvthis weekend
    11/05/2013 Carbery Rangers 2-14 vs 0-7 Newmarket
    Castlehaven 0-16 1-13 Nemo Rangers AET 
    Aghada1-7 0-13 Clonakilty
    Bishopstown 0-8 0-9 Ilen Rovers

Where could I I get the SFC results forvthis weekend?

County Championships Round 2 pairings will be as follows (games to be played June 22/23):Senior Football  Castlehaven/Nemo Rangers v St. Finbarr's/St. Nick's
    Dohenys v Bishopstown
    Newmarket v Aghada
    Douglas v St. Vincent's

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

Where could I I get the SFC results forvthis weekend
    11/05/2013 Carbery Rangers 2-14 vs 0-7 Newmarket
    Castlehaven 0-16 1-13 Nemo Rangers AET 
    Aghada1-7 0-13 Clonakilty
    Bishopstown 0-8 0-9 Ilen Rovers
    Bad loss for btown should be winning a game like thst..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Le Henry wrote: »
    Bad loss for btown should be winning a game like thst..

Ilen rovers are a decent side. But still, I would have fancied B'town to win before the game started.
    I was hoping to get to the Nemo vs C'haven game, but got stuck at work. A friend of mibe said it was a real cracker. He didn't expect anything like it in the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Senior Football  Castlehaven/Nemo Rangers v St. Finbarr's/St. Nick's

wow thats a harsh draw for nicks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

SeaFields wrote: »
    wow thats a harsh draw for nicks!

Fúck 'em...:D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Fúck 'em...:D

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Cork 5-14 Tipp 0-24 according to twitter. Anyone have the Cork team

Indie. wrote: »
    Cork 5-14 Tipp 0-24 according to twitter. Anyone have the Cork team

Cork scored 5 goals in a game of hurling.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cork scored 5 goals in a game of hurling.....:eek:
    1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)
    2. John O’Keeffe (Clonoulty Rossmore)
    3. Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)
    4. Donagh Maher (Burgess)
    5. Tomás Hamill (Killea)
    6. Conor O’Mahony (Newport)
    7. James Barry (Upperchurch Drombane)

Poor excuse I know but,that isnt even close to the six Tipp will put out in championship

Be interesting to see Cork's six forwards

• Advertisement

cussan got two of the goals.

/watches thinkstoomuch head explode :D

Tonights Score was exactly the same as last week.
    Good to see Cork getting 5 goals,and while credit has to be given,it needs to be kept in perspective too.
    Tippereary at Full back were extremely vulernable with thomas stapleton.As far as Im aware he is a wing back by trade.
    Cussen,(yes the same Michael Cussen got 2 Cork goals,O Brien and Moylan goaled also.Horgan scored a goal from a free.
    As correctly said by one poster here,the tippereary defence that started is or wont be there starting unit in 4 weeks.
    Tippereary have big problems at full back with Curran out of form
    O Mahony struggled last week,but stapelton is not a IC full back.
    Cussen was average at half forward in the first half,when he went in Full he gots goals.However Peter O Brien got a goal in there also.
    Tippereary were no way near as intense as last week,but only for the Goals would have won handy.
    I coudn't see Cork scoring 5 goals in a Championship match against them.
    It is hard what to take from tonight.
    How many times have Cork in league or Championship had false dawns against Tippereary.At the same time if you dont win these games you are really at low end.
    Trying to find the balance is like how long is a piece of string.Cussen will get rave reviews in the Echo tommorrow night and suddenly he will be seen as a starting forward.I still aint convinced and saw no massive improvement tonight.
    He has not impressed in any games for Cork in big games,a challenge match against a poor full back line is not anything to get carried away with.
    Tippereary put more of a test up tonight than the league game ,but this was not anywhere near championship intensity.
    The Cork half forward line was again outplayed.Tippereary out scored Cork by nearly double scores on points.
    Naughton does what he usally does in games against tippereary ,flashy points but can not win he's own ball.
    Tippereary were well on top when they played but then they dropped intensity .
    Himself and Cusseen were well outplayed by Hamill and the other tipp half back Barry who I have never heard of before.Those tippereary players are not seasoned camaigners yet they out played the both of them.
    John O Dwyer roasted Mcdonnell.
    Ellis was under pressure by Forde.
    Joyce held Mcgrath as well as he could considering the two supporting acts were poor.Joyce improves with every game.
    Michael Walsh was physical and hurled gamefully.He should be midfield with Kearney and allow Lorchan back to half back.
    The Cork Full back line was solid.Murphy done good on Kelly.He always does but he is not a full back.
    A good win on the score board but it flattered Cork to be honest.Cork would have been well beaten only for scoring the goals.
    Galway are next up in a few weeks.
    A bit of a shock Seafields to see cussen score two goals:-).I still aint convinced at all.Would he get play well against Jj Delaney,Kevin Lawlor,Curran,Mclinerey.???
    Id love to see him do it as it means Cork do well.If Cussen plays well in one championship game even,something he has never done for Cork Hurlers and only once for the footballers I will glady eat humble pie here and admit I was wrong.
    But how many times have we seen false dawns particulary against Tippereary.He needs to do a lot more.

Nash,O Neill,Brian and Killan Murphy, Ellis,Joyce,Mcdonnell,O shea,Walsh,Cussen,Cian Mac,Naughton,Moylan,O Brien,Horgan.

The Galway game im not sure if it will be open to the public.They played Clare behind closed doors the weekend apparently.Maybee the Clare lads can confirm this????

Donal Og Cusack joined the Sunday game for the Season.He should spice it up a bit.
    Tippereary are confident enough for their minors for this weeks game.There coached by Charlie Mckeever.I dont know much about him but he was meant to have been a good coach with Finn Harps at soccer .

Conor Twomey the Minor centre back for the hurlers is meant to have a broken thumb, he should be okay for the 26th of June and the game against waterford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Report from the Ladies match on Saturday if anyone is interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/cork-ladies-footballers-in-7th-heaven/

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was busy with my own games over the weekend, managed to listen to some of the Cork game on the radio on the way to my game. 7 league titles and 7 All Ireland titles in 10 years - some team and still not getting the recognition they deserve!

The Cork Minor Football team to play Tipperary in the Munster Semi-Final tomorrow night at 7.30pm in Thurles will line out as follows: 1. Anthony Casey Kiskeam
    2. Michael McSweeney Newcestown
    3. Dylan Quinn St Finbarrs
    4. Kevin Flahive Douglas
    5. Sean White Clonakilty
    6. Stephen Cronin Nemo Rangers
    7. Kevin O Neill Glenville
    8. Conor Kingston Douglas
    9. Ryan Harkin Mallow
    10. Jack Bushe Ilen Rovers
      11. Killian O'Connor Mallow
    12. Kevin Cremin Boherbue
    13. Richard O Sullivan Kilmacabea
      14. Michael Cahalane Bandon
    15. Michael Hurley Castlehaven

Subs
    16. Colm O'Driscoll Castlehaven
    17. Peter Kelleher Western Gaels
    18. Kieran Histon Cobh
    19. Rickard Cahalane Sliabh Rua
    20. James Moynihan Canovee
    21. Peter O'Neill Ballincollig 
    22. Aidan Moynihan Canovee
    23. Donal O Driscoll Clann na nGael
    24. Conor O Driscoll Mizen Rovers

Was busy with my own games over the weekend, managed to listen to some of the Cork game on the radio on the way to my game. 7 league titles and 7 All Ireland titles in 10 years - some team and still not getting the recognition they deserve!
    They do deserve more recognition from within Cork itself but to be fair it has improved this year even outside Cork.
    They went and deservedly so to Aras an Uachtarain this year and met Micheal D.
    I dont think even KK hurlers done that.
    I think and maybee I'm wrong,that they were the first Cork Gaa team to ever visit there.
    Liam O Neill ,president of the GAA, plans that Ladies football,Camoige,Hurling and Football,and Handball all come under the one organistion in time ,if it happens they should and correctly so get more funding instead of having to raise money themselves.

So, as we thought, we would have been better off losing to Kerry.

11 v 8 sounds like a close enough game, bit it wasn't. 5 v 1 at ht....8 v 1 into the second half and that was with a lot of Tip wides.

Ah well.

• Advertisement

Cork beat Laois in a Challenge match in football in Laois friday night.
    Pa kelly played.Cork played Derry last week.It is good to know they have been playing teams that operate the blanket defence.Challenge games you cant get carried away with,but at the same time the more they play against the blanket defence,the more Cork can get used to beating it.
    Limerick,will be operate the blanket defence sat night .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement