Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW EPIC FAIL thread **IT'S BACK!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Amazing...

The biggest Facepalm induced thread just became a worthy cometitor for thread of they year! :D

They say wrestlings fake, and it might be, but it might not be.
    But one things for sure..
    The OP used to watch it... :p

fail-owned-blond-study-fail.jpg?w=450&h=582

fail-owned-burglar-fail.jpg?w=447&h=505

fail-owned-eat-watch-fail.jpg?w=500&h=622

ssss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't look at this forum for one day, just one day and this is what it descends to *shakes head*. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

F-A-I-L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Serious question for a change...

Why is pro wrestling in the sports section and not the Rec or Arts/Television sections?

Because, really, a sport is something either side can win, where as Pro wrestling is just entertainment pre-determined with a fixed outcome?

Not having a go at pro-wrestling fans but lets be honest, it's not a sport...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seaneh wrote: »

Why is pro wrestling in the sports section and not the Rec or Arts/Television sections?

Because, really, a sport is something either side can win, where as Pro wrestling is just entertainment pre-determined with a fixed outcome?

Have wondered that myself, but in a way it is a sport, just not in the whoever-wins-the-fight-wins kinda way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sky Sports seem happy enough to broadcast it rather than showing it on one of the Sky "entertainment" channels. I see your point and I do understand it, and I'm not trying to sound smart, but wrestling is a sport (tis in the Olympics after all) and Pro Wrestling is an offshoot of that. I actually agree that Pro Wrestling is not a "sport" in the real sense as the results are predetermined etc, but having it under the sports category makes sense due to the nature of it, if that makes any sense? It's a gray area though, I will definitely give you that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

orestes wrote: »
    Sky Sports seem happy enough to broadcast it rather than showing it on one of the Sky "entertainment" channels. I see your point and I do understand it, and I'm not trying to sound smart, but wrestling is a sport (tis in the Olympics after all) and Pro Wrestling is an offshoot of that. I actually agree that Pro Wrestling is not a "sport" in the real sense as the results are predetermined etc, but having it under the sports category makes sense due to the nature of it, if that makes any sense? It's a gray area though, I will definitely give you that

I think they have it on Sky Sports because they can charge the extra subscription for it. I just get Sky Sports for that, and I'm fairly sure there are more people who don't much care for a lot of the stuff on Sky Sports, but like wrestling. It tends to have a devoted fanbase (and kids).

When I was a lad, they had it on Sky One. God be with the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

3242432054_59b6bb8e7c_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Its a fair point, But someone does still win at the end of the day.

Not many people would see pro wrestling as an art.
    I know i would.

No one argues that dancing isnt proper just because its an accepted art form. But in all seriousness, there isnt that much in the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

fail-owned-wheelchair-standing-up-slogan-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just re the whole wrestling=sport?? thing, wrestling was part of the GAA when it was founded in 1884. Granted, you wouldn't have found Doink The Clown there, but I just thought I'd share that with ye fine young men

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Just re the whole wrestling=sport?? thing, wrestling was part of the GAA when it was founded in 1884. Granted, you wouldn't have found Doink The Clown there, but I just thought I'd share that with ye fine young men
    Where did ya get tht from?
    Better stay On Topic here though friendly-fail1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

fail.jpg
    [/quote]

The next WWE champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »

You really are a fascinating young man, Gerard. C and you constantly amaze me with your seemingly infinite knowledge and interesting facts.

Where did ya get tht from?

My infinate knowledge of all things Irish.

And by that I mean I learnt it in Higher Level History a few years ago

• Advertisement

I'm doing Higher History now and we already covered the GAA so am i missing something important here ?

I'm doing Higher History now and we already covered the GAA so am i missing something important here ?

It was about half a sentence someplace in the foundations of the GAA section lad, it just stood out to me for personal reasons! Wouldn't call it important by any means of the word!

Back on topic - ..... FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

An epic fail of epic proportions for the lose *4chan image macro* XD XD XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Just had to bump this as it was brought up in the awards thread today and turned out to be a fail thread :D,

epic-fail-career-fair-fail.jpg

EpicFailRoundup001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its true!
    300px-Wrestling.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

IT'S WRASTLING!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

They took his job....

They took his job....

134a.jpg

They took his Job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

2v9vxo2.jpg

They took his dog!

I also heard somewhere that wrestling was fake! Can someone put my mind at ease and explain why the Undertaker has a cellphone (Kane rang him on his mobile) and what kind of cellphone plan Undertaker has (what with calling from beyond the grave and all):confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 callaway92..

why is this the best frorm on boards baby ps i hate

gimmick (wwe one)

but love

Bounty Hunter he is the sex baby o ya the sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

why is this the best frorm on boards baby ps i hate

gimmick (wwe one)

but love

Bounty Hunter he is the sex baby o ya the sex
    So many grammar fails, so little time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This was never going to last was it?

ibtl.gif

Actually, I would like to see where this goes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 callaway92..

gimmick wrote: »
    Actually, I would like to see where this goes :D
    yes me two i love ya babe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

kidball.jpg

Tipp man eh?;)

Actually no, I am banning you, as you are a re reg of another poster. I have a good idea who you are as well.

Cheerio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thinking of merging this with the previous epic fail thread on here

^ Sure why not? Maybe put them into the hotlinks thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i smell a former mod..

i'll say no more..

Roar wrote: »
    i smell a former mod..

i'll say no more..

yeah dont cos you'd be wrong.

now for the second time in this thread i welcome you all to the PW Epic fail thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Enjoyed this thread. Cheers lads

retard-owls.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just letting ye know, that aint me. Just if you're wondering like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Why this thread is still open I have no idea.

Get out of our Utopia

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tipp man eh?;)

Could be Redzer :pac:

Volcanic Ash Cloud ;)

Epic-Fail.jpg

Gonna lock this one up again for now. It will be added next time someone decides to come in and start a hilarious thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Actually........
    your gay

• Advertisement

I'm gay for Gerard C actually while we're on the topic.

IBTL.:(

hmm now where did i put that epic fail thread... infracted, working on banning... gotta take a shoite first :pac:

edit: why lock Flah thats not the PW way, instead we point out his Epic Fail... found the thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Think his user name Emo Bandit says it all really..:pac:

Let the abuse begin..

hmm now where did i put that epic fail thread... infracted, working on banning... gotta take a shoite first :pac:

edit: why lock Flah thats not the PW way, instead we point out his Epic Fail... found the thread :D

I wouldn't have blurted out me felings for Ger if I'd known the thread was gonna stay open.:pac:

Thank God for this other chap who'll surely take the heat off me. Emo's were never very welcome in here anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, wrestling is like, SO gay, like, ohmygod!

There was a young troll named emobandit
    Thought he was funny and full of wit
    But nobody laughed
    His ego has been halved
    Because his attempt at trolling was f*cking sh*t

• Advertisement
Advertisement