Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

gbro800 wrote: »
    Yeah, pity it can't be organized in advance. I know a UCC student, he got his 4th year timetable weeks ago. We'll probably get ours the day before we start:pac:

Yeah apparently the 12th for timetables.... we are back the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

And the timetables are up. It looks scary at first glance, all days full, but it includes both semesters and add-on modules.
    Doesn't look too bad for this semester, Mon & Tue are full long days, Wed/Fri are short.

And the timetables are up. It looks scary at first glance, all days full, but it includes both semesters and add-on modules.
    Doesn't look too bad for this semester, Mon & Tue are full long days, Wed/Fri are short.

Will surely change a bit before Monday.
    Monday is a bit savage looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Passed my repeat anyway lads. Only thing is when I go into view my grades my award classification says pass. Even though my average is 67%. Are you automatically demoted to a pass if you have to take a repeat?
    Edit:
    Think i need 70%, although I thought a pass was just up to 50%

siblers wrote: »
    Passed my repeat anyway lads. Only thing is when I go into view my grades my award classification says pass. Even though my average is 67%. Are you automatically demoted to a pass if you have to take a repeat?
    Edit:
    Think i need 70%, although I thought a pass was just up to 50%

Congrats. Not sure about that. I'm not in the 3yr stream so I don't get an award after yr 3. It just says Pass for each module (& academic standing) regardless the grade.

• Advertisement

Congrats. Not sure about that. I'm not in the 3yr stream so I don't get an award after yr 3. It just says Pass for each module (& academic standing) regardless the grade.

Well done.

I'd check that out with admissions I thought your award was based on your average regardless of repeats.

Yeah i'll fire them off an email and see what the story is.

Timetable is updated again, you can now view each week. It now just shows 3 1h classes for the project.
    Strange to see a Steps to Success class in there :eek: , think its an error as its the exact same data for next semeser

Edit - shows 4hrs for project module

JFlah wrote: »
    Will surely change a bit before Monday.
    Monday is a bit savage looking.

Yeah Monday is savage, long haul from 1-6pm

I don't hate having a ****ty full day on a Monday, at least in one day you have 8 hours of classes done with. Rest of the week is grand with loads of gaps to work on projects etc. I'd say there won't be much done when we get home on a Monday though :pac:

• Advertisement

Tough start to 4th year so far. Anybody know anything about steps to success module i.e. Content, workload etc.

Had we classes today?

Had we classes today?

None that I could find anyway.. Week behind already

Anyone else feeling ridiculously intimidated??

anyone who is not is living in blissful ignorance

FYP seems incredibly daunting.

See they have moved the timetables around, would have preffered them to keep it the way it was but at least Wed-Fri are still the same.

Mon&Tues more scattered now, might have some advantages tho getting some work done in college. I like the way we've R300 from 1-6, and I checked that its free for the hr inbetween so we can stay there and catch up on work

Yeah it's not too bad really, only real difference is having a class from 4-6 on Tuesday. Once they don't mess with the other 3 days it's grand.

Did about 6 hours research today, wrote about a page and a half. That's what you call progress :pac:

• Advertisement

All I have at the moment is AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .....:mad:

Tis a bad sign when a "reward" from taking a break from the FYP is to work on one of the easier assginments.

Tis a bad sign when a "reward" from taking a break from the FYP is to work on one of the easier assginments.

You have easier assignments !!!!

JFlah wrote: »
    You have easier assignments !!!!

Well not easy as such but slightly more straight forward at least!

Great to have a week's holiday from all that hard work :)

I'd say 2 weeks would clear a lot of the backlog... can it be done in 6 days? :eek:

Great to have a week's holiday from all that hard work :)

I'd say 2 weeks would clear a lot of the backlog... can it be done in 6 days? :eek:
    ???

I think we are about to find out ... one good week would really help

Can't see myself getting it all done but yeah this week should see a lot of the work done

Can't see myself getting it all done but yeah this week should see a lot of the work done

Definitely won't get it all done but a good hole in it

4th year pretty much
    6KNsqg.jpg

• Advertisement

4th year pretty much
    6KNsqg.jpg

I think the first time I've laughed this year!

Advertisement