Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

only 5 days now lads god knows it been a long enough wait:rolleyes: ah so excited:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

cant wait for this watched the first series over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Is the 2nd series starting on FX on sunday night at 10?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

James__10 wrote: »
    Is the 2nd series starting on FX on sunday night at 10?:o
    FX UK? No..

.. it starts a week from tomorrow (Friday 21st October) at 10pm.

• Advertisement

Zombie mayhem kicks off tonight on AMC!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I'll be watching it on line me thinks. 9pm eastern time is about 1am here, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

cgcsb wrote: »
    I'll be watching it on line me thinks. 9pm eastern time is about 1am here, right?

5 hour differance so 2am.

Is it a 90 minute episode for the premiere?

Colmo52 wrote: »
    5 hour differance so 2am.

Is it a 90 minute episode for the premiere?

90 mins....yes. I hear there is a lesbian zombie triste in the ep. :)

90 mins....yes.
    I hear there is a lesbian zombie triste in the ep. :)

I never thought of zombies as having a sexual orientation, either hetero or homo. Curiosity is getting the better of me now, will I be grossed out?

• Advertisement

cgcsb wrote: »
    I never thought of zombies as having a sexual orientation, either hetero or homo. Curiosity is getting the better of me now, will I be grossed out?

I'm obsessed with the idea of lesbian zombies, see the season 1 thread :D

entrepreneur.jpg

I'm obsessed with the idea of lesbian zombies, see the season 1 thread :D

:eek: Necrophilia? #thingsyoushouldkeeptoyourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Brings a whole other meaning to the phrase, eating her out.

/unsubs til tomorrow evening

Very solid opener, jaysus that was a TENSE scene when everyone was under the cars and hoards of zombies were walking by!...some cheesy dialogue in parts, dislike the church praying crap. I assume that end is Hershel's farm right?....what happens there exactly?....Lauren Cohan?....woot!

Jaysus i hope she gets her kit off!!!!!!....does the kid survive?...dosen't he die in the comics?, yeah i really enjoyed that, though bit of a con @ only 63 mins!...blah, so much for 90, damn adds!

I saw a definate budget decrease!, some cheesy effect shots, lack of GCI gore and sparce CGI scenes, it felt and looked cheaper....Darabont was right to fight his corner over this, but the suits won and not only that fired him!, shambles.

3.5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

does the kid survive?...dosen't he die in the comics?
    I think you can forget the comics as a reference point on how the plot will progress as there is only a broad outline similarity between the TV show and the comics. For example some members of the group should be dead by now if they followed the comics but it seems they're going their own way (e.g. the CDC wasn't in the comics) and that's a good thing imo as it would be too predictable if they just slavishly followed the plot the comic readers already know.

I'm not too bothered about how good the cgi or effects look so long as the story is good and I thought this was a good solid opener, not spectacular and not as good as last year's pilot but better than some of the latter episodes of the first series. Give me good story and somewhat ropey effects over excellent effects and crap story any day.

Still when
    are they going to discover Andrea is a natural sharpshooter? Do it already!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what the ****

dudes standing on top of a van, with all the open space ahead of him. and he doesnt see the zombies at the start until they're right on top of them? yeah it makes for good drama but let's at least try to be a tiny bit realistic about things that aren't reanimated dead bodies walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Ridley

... I assume that end is Hershel's farm right?....what happens there exactly? ...

Jaysus i hope she gets her kit off!!!!!!....does the kid survive?...dosen't he die in the comics? ...
    Yes it is, barn full o' zombies and no he doesn't.
    ;)

I like that they don't just follow the books though. That way no-one's in a position where they can't be written out.
    Sophia didn't go missing
    if I'm remembering it correctly.

Darabont.. you've some free time now. Get on this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Good episode overall but tbh felt that the search&rescue thing was a bit drawn out. He could also probably have ran back to camp with the kid, those zombies ain't exactly speedy.

Actually expected the kid at the end to get malled by the deer rather than what happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

omg.jpg

My face when
    carl decided to stay behind with rick and shane

I expected something rather different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I only have 1hr and 3mins, is that the 90 min episode minus ads or am I missing some??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

mine was 1:03 without ads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

well I haven't read the comics but I enjoyed season 1 and have to say enjoyed the season premier, some real tense moments, can't wait for next weeks episode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Redisle wrote: »
    Good episode overall but tbh felt that the search&rescue thing was a bit drawn out. He could also probably have ran back to camp with the kid, those zombies ain't exactly speedy.

Actually expected the kid at the end to get malled by the deer rather than what happened!
    i think thats a big thing about rick he always comes up with the wrong plan, he has good intentions but just does things wrong all the time that keep getting them in trouble, like he could obviously outrun the zombies but he doesnt think and hides the girl while he kills the zombies,

yeah the 90 minutes included ads

i liked it for the most part except the church scene, always hate when shows go religious, but i suppose theres a lot of religious people out there, but it baffles me how people can believe in a situation like that,

7.2 million going up to 11 including the repeat, unprecedented numbers for AMC id say,

thats budget increase numbers right there, id say get bigger sets and expand the cast if anything, im not to bothered with ropey CGI as long as it can convey the purpose of whats supose to happen well,

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

DeepBlue wrote: »

Still when
    are they going to discover Andrea is a natural sharpshooter? Do it already!

It seems like
    they're gonna build that up with the importance of her Dad's gun..I wonder if they're gonna go right ahead with her and Dale getting Jiggy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Brilliant first episode and hopefully a sign of things to come, shame that they're taking a break for Christmas, would rather all episodes aired uninterrupted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Great first episode back. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing during the herd scene (nice nod the comics there :) ). Speaking of the comics, what's the rule with spoilers in this thread? Richard Dower is quite openly talking about comic related stuff. For anyone who has read them, it's plain to see that the TV show diverges from the comic but many elements are still maintained e.g.
    Andrea will be the sharpshooter we love, Rick is already on the road to a meltdown, Carl get's shot (albeit in slightly different circumstances)
    and therefore should be kept well spoiler taged.

I enjoyed the bits in the church. I disagree with don ramo, in times like this, people are desperate for hope and religion is a something a lot of people will be drawn to. It's like marmite, a zombie apocalyse will either throw you to religion or make you feel "how could there be a God in this world".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

dudes standing on top of a van, with all the open space ahead of him. and he doesnt see the zombies at the start until they're right on top of them? .

Ha thought the exact same thing, ridiculous. Other than that, was a decent start, I enjoyed it.

Advertisement