Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wonski wrote: »
    Costa requested to be taken off.

Not again:mad:

Did he definitely? No mention of it in match report I'm reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fabregas outstanding for Chelsea tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lemlin wrote: »

Pretty sure he did. Looking for some reports right now, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Can't find anything on it yet either.

Edit. This from the Telegraph....
    Shortly afterwards, Costa looked uncomfortable when he tried to beat Fahrmann from close range and appeared to signal to the bench that he needed to come off. Mourinho responded by sending on Drogba and Costa walked straight down the tunnel for treatment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/11254378/Schalke-0-Chelsea-5-match-report-John-Terry-and-Didier-Drogba-roll-back-the-years-with-ruthless-victory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ah typical. Aguero does nothing for me as captain and has a blinder in CL. Putain d'Aguero :mad: :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Confirmed #LFC XI to face Ludogorets: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes: Jones, Lovren, Coutinho, Moreno, Lallana, Borini, Can.

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

#Arsenal subs: Huddart, Koscielny, Bellerin, Flamini, Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski

Welbeck and Giroud not even in squad. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC XI to face Ludogorets: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes: Jones, Lovren, Coutinho, Moreno, Lallana, Borini, Can.

That's some amount of midfielders Gerrard must be in an attacking role

That's some amount of midfielders Gerrard must be in an attacking role

Henderson on the right i'd say. either Gerrard or Allen beside Lucas as defensive midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

#Arsenal subs: Huddart, Koscielny, Bellerin, Flamini, Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski

Welbeck and Giroud not even in squad. Strange

Welbeck has a knee injury and Giroud wasn't registered for the group stage because we thought he would be out longer :rolleyes:

Gerrard playing off the front man tonight

• Advertisement

Lambert goal again.

Sterling assist Hendo goal

Sanchez again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Sterling seems to be doing well tonight, should have had another assist a few minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Arteta and Sanogo off - how many injuries per season can you have?

wonski wrote: »
    Arteta and Sanogo off - how many injuries per season can you have?

Ask van Gaal!!! :D

Lukaku goal mirallas assist

KevIRL wrote: »

Save them for the weekend Romelu:(. I might even put the armband on you to stick it up the nay sayers:p

Mirallas for 7.2 could be a cheeky punt for some, for as long as his gammy hammy holds up that is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Mirallas goal, Lukaku assist.

Lukaku returns the favor. 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mirallas for 7.2 could be a cheeky punt for some, for as long as his gammy hammy holds up that is

I had him for a large portion of last season. While he was a good option in his price range he was rotated quite a lot which was annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jebforever wrote: »
    I had him for a large portion of last season. While he was a good option in his price range he was rotated quite a lot which was annoying to say the least.

When he plays he'll reduce Baines' appeal due to being on some of the set-pieces.

If only Everton didn't have a rotation mad Martinez in charge we'd all have 2/3 players each :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Liverpool team to play Basel: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Bellerin, Flamini, Ox, Ramsey, Campbell, Podolski, Sanogo

Podolski and Ramsey have arsenal 2 up in Turkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2in 2 for Ramsey now.

Has one thinking......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dahat wrote: »
    2in 2 for Ramsey now.

Has one thinking......

This match is ridiculously open so I wouldn't read too much into it. But there are stats that Ramsey is much better FPL wise with Giroud in the team

EDIT: He just scored a 30 yard screamer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ramsey scores his second with an absolute screamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This match is ridiculously open so I wouldn't read too much into it. But there are stats that Ramsey is much better FPL wise with Giroud in the team

EDIT: He just scored a 30 yard screamer!!

Goals are goals and he is in form now in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

defo jumping on the ramsey bandwagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ramsey taken off at ht. presume resting him

Second goal from Ramsey was a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Debuchy had a good game tonight by the sounds of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    ramsey taken off at ht. presume resting him

Ramsey has been yellow flagged on the site so it looks like more to it than just resting him.

PARlance wrote: »
    Ramsey has been yellow flagged on the site so it looks like more to it than just resting him.

Charlie Nicholas mentioned a tight hamstring on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Charlie Nicholas mentioned a tight hamstring on Sky.

Yip, Ben Dinnery has a quote from Ramsey (posted in injuries thread) confirming that tight hamstring but also saying it was just a precaution for the weekend.

Team to play Sporting Lisbon: Cech (c); Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Mikel, Matic; Schurrle, Fabregas, Salah; Diego Costa

Although I plan to bring in Costa a one week injury for him tonight would be my ideal scenario. Glad azpil isn't getting a rest also.

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Milner, Dzeko

Silva is on the bench as is Jovetic.

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Milner, Dzeko

Silva is on the bench as is Jovetic.

Kolarov starting v Leicester so I reckon. Hopefully Zab will not be rested but one of him or Clichy surely will.

• Advertisement

Although I plan to bring in Costa a one week injury for him tonight would be my ideal scenario. Glad azpil isn't getting a rest also.

You looking for a slap?!?!?! :mad:

FHFC wrote: »
    Jovetic starting v Leicester so I reckon. Hopefully Zab will not be rested but one of him or Clichy surely will.

Tonight is a huge game for city, massive. I would suggest that by Jovetic not starting tonight Pellegrini does not consider him first choice, when Silva returns properly he may not see much playing time as he'll(Silva) play in the hole behind Dzeko. I don't like the look of city with Dzeko and Jovetic. That'll push Silva wide and I think they are stronger he first way.

Tonight is a huge game for city, massive. I would suggest that by Jovetic not starting tonight Pellegrini does not consider him first choice, when Silva returns properly he may not see much playing time as he'll(Silva) play in the hole behind Dzeko. I don't like the look of city with Dzeko and Jovetic. That'll push Silva wide and I think they are stronger he first way.

I said it earlier too that I really hope they go with one up and Silva behind. I'll definitely be going for Silva if that's how they line up v Leicester.

Edit.. just spotted my mix up above. I meant Kolarov will be starting v Leicester. Was wondering why you started talking about Jov in reply! :) Agree on that point btw.

Re. Jovetic ye may well be right but it still doesn't mean he couldn't be a fantastic one week punt to get in and captain v Burnley on the 28th :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

fabregas just scored a pen
    so Costa ain't even second choice .......

km79 wrote: »

Could be one to watch this weekend. Handy home fixture. Definitely on the watch list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Could be one to watch this weekend. Handy home fixture. Definitely on the watch list

:D
    2 0
    schurrle matic assist
    Luis getting forward a LOT
    he had assist for pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »

you should get him in then:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Jovetic is only just back from injury so may be less fit for 90 mins than Dzeko.
    I would say that Dzeko is first choice all things being equal though.
    Would live to see Silva play game or two before drafting him in.

• Advertisement

38' Diego Costa's willingness to run the channels and work for the team are some of his best qualities and he has put a real shift in already this evening. First he makes a darting run down the right hand channel and his a first time shot which is blocked. Moments later he then pops up on the opposite side of the pitch and drives with the ball into the penalty area but eventually he is squeezed out.

http://www.fotmob.com

Perhaps 45min would be enough of a shift Jose?

Advertisement