Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Undertaker Reportedly In WWE’s Wrestlemania 31 Plans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

it would be good for Wyatt though and could be used to deepen his story, eater of worlds becomes the eater of darkness

Of course it would, it'd be good for anyone. But you need to get matches against guys like The Undertaker on your own right, not just because it would be good for you. Get yourself over, have a year full of incredible feuds, a year full of incredible matches and then you are entitled to that Wrestlemania breakout moment. Not just because it would be good for you.

Step forward Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins who've done exactly that, and with a bit of luck Dean Ambrose will be going over something serious at Wrestlemania against someone significant, and Seth Rollins will be cashing that briefcase in against someone significant.

I disagree with this. The Undertaker is a special attraction regardless of opponent IMO.

I can't have the notion that Undertaker vs Cena or Undertaker vs Bryan doesn't sell better than Undertaker vs Wyatt or Undertaker vs Reigns. I just can't have that notion.

That aside, even if I was wrong about that, you don't just throw someone in who has done nothing to deserve it, on the basis that Undertaker is a special attraction regardless of opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Meaningful match?
    Oh, I thought a 15+ minute match on PPV meant something. Guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

They had a PPV match at Vengeance 2003.
    A match featuring rookie heel Cena from over a decade ago is hardly the same thing as a match between the two now, a 60 year old and a one legged man was higher up on the card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Even without the streak Cena vs Undertaker would be a massive draw two of the biggest stars of the industry who've never faced off (in a meaningful match) at Wrestlemania and not to mention how great would it be to see Taker shake off the Lesnar loss by defeating Cena with a tombstone centre of the ring

Could still do something with it but with the streak gone, Cena/Undertaker is not as appealing for me. The drama's in the threat of Cena winning again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Looks like the dream match Vs Sting is definitely not happening and WWE are continuing their heavy push of Wyatt. I personally think the guy is the most over rated new star of the past 10 years.
    WWE wants to induct The Undertaker into the 2015 Hall of Fame if he decides not to wrestle at Wrestlemania 31. Either way, they are planning on Undertaker making an appearance in some capacity.

That’s why he was included in advertisements even though it’s unknown if he’ll wrestle.

WWE is still hoping he will compete and are preparing Bray Wyatt to be his opponent.

Source http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-undertaker-will-reportedly-appear-at-wrestlemania-31-in-some-capacity/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Looks like the dream match Vs Sting is definitely not happening and WWE are continuing their heavy push of Wyatt. I personally think the guy is the most over rated new star of the past 10 years.

Source http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-undertaker-will-reportedly-appear-at-wrestlemania-31-in-some-capacity/

Taker Wyatt would be a bigger car crash than the Brock match. Taker is at the stage where he needs a great worker in the ring and Bray is not the man.

Taker Vs Sting Vs Triple H and let Hunter take up the slack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

As soon as the Sting/HHH moment at Survivor Series happened it was Sting vs. HHH at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

why oh why is Bray still being pushed?

did his dad find some tax irregularities in the WWE's accounts and use them to blackmail Vince? ;):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wyatt is 27 years old, has talent and lots of room to improve, they would be mad not to stick with him.

DM_7 wrote: »
    has talent

Where? :confused:

Even his once stellar promo work has gone stale. He is no more than a mid carder.

Even his once stellar promo work has gone stale. He is no more than a mid carder.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3916509/spiderwalk.gif

Not many fat guys can do that

Tugboats wrote: »

So because he's flexible and good on promos he should be at Mania against Taker?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He can talk, he has had some good matches already on PPVs despite his limited experience.

How good he will be is far from clear cut and could go either way but so could any superstar/wrestler.

I think he will improve now he is on his own and has to wrestle rather than rely on the Wyatt Family to wrestle for him or take up spots in his matches to lengthen them.

Considering he is a WWE trained guy, he has done very well without the development and training in the indies that many of the better wrestlers on the roster have. He is learning all the time and (imo) continues to improve.

The way he managed to come up with the Bray Wyatt character to start with is a very good sign for his future.

Of the regular roster he is probably the one that could have a taker match where the build up would suit Taker who isn't going to be doing much physical work in the build up.

• Advertisement

So because he's flexible and good on promos he should be at Mania against Taker?

I was joking. I would have him in the Andre the giant battle royal and eliminated first

Hmmm, Im not too sure about this. Surely if he was going to be there then last night was the perfect chance to start it?

Although this is the 2015 Royal Rumble we're talking about here. The worst booked one of the modern era.

Wrestling Observer Radio
    - WWE officials currently believe that The Undertaker will be at Wrestlemania 31. They likely already know for sure and there will be some sort of announcement in the next few weeks. He will likely fight Bray Wyatt, which is why Wyatt had a strong showing in the Rumble.

– Seth Rollins is expected to fight Randy Orton.

– Daniel Bryan is likely going to fight Sheamus, which was the original plan for last year before plans were changed.

– It’s possible that the card will get major changes due to the fan backlash over the Royal Rumble. At this time, here’s the planned Wrestlemania card:

* Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
    * Sting vs. Triple H
    * John Cena vs. Rusev
    * Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
    * Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hmmm, Im not too sure about this. Surely if he was going to be there then last night was the perfect chance to start it?

Although this is the 2015 Royal Rumble we're talking about here. The worst booked one of the modern era.

Wrestling Observer Radio

It wouldnt make any sense for taker not to come back for revenge on brock but its wwe so of course he wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

When bray was standing in the rumble on his own and cut a promo an the countdown began it was the perfect time to hear the Undertaker Dong.

Just the Dong, but they seemed like they built up something that was gonna happen only for it to be Zak Ryder

sky88 wrote: »
    It wouldnt make any sense for taker not to come back for revenge on brock but its wwe so of course he wont

This is what I meant
    Sirsok wrote: »
    When bray was standing in the rumble on his own and cut a promo an the countdown began it was the perfect time to hear the Undertaker Dong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

"WWE officials currently believe that The Undertaker will be at Wrestlemania 31. They likely already know for sure and there will be some sort of announcement in the next few weeks. He will likely fight Bray Wyatt, which is why Wyatt had a strong showing in the Rumble."

A strong showing...up until he was tossed out meaninglessly by Kane and Big Show after being close to dominant for 40+ minutes. I was disgusted by that. Bray has the potential to be absolute money, and doing things like that will not make that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

Taker is an absolute legend, the greatest of all time and owes nothing to this business!

For the love of god, why is he considering a match at WM31? Last year was his worst match I can recall ever! Yes, I'm including the shambles of matches against such greats as Papa Shango and El Gigante in that!

The streak is gone, him coming back again serves no purpose. He put Lesnar over as a legit monster and he in turn will pass the torch either to Rollins or Reigns it seems.

I am completely against Taker having another match, no matter who it is against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Taker is an absolute legend, the greatest of all time and owes nothing to this business!

For the love of god, why is he considering a match at WM31? Last year was his worst match I can recall ever! Yes, I'm including the shambles of matches against such greats as Papa Shango and El Gigante in that!

The streak is gone, him coming back again serves no purpose. He put Lesnar over as a legit monster and he in turn will pass the torch either to Rollins or Reigns it seems.

I am completely against Taker having another match, no matter who it is against.

$$$$$ would the simple answer.

True. It'd be a safe guess to say he's gotten $1 million per Wrestlemania for the past few years.

A strong showing...up until he was tossed out meaninglessly by Kane and Big Show after being close to dominant for 40+ minutes. I was disgusted by that. Bray has the potential to be absolute money, and doing things like that will not make that happen.

He really doesn't. A year and a half and not one feud that has gotten the audience behind it. There are a decent number of guys who have been doing alot more with what they've been given than Wyatt but they don't seem to be even in the Mania picture.

Wyatt getting Taker at Mania is the heel equivalent of Reigns winning the Rumble and going onto Lesnar.

He has absolutely no heel heat but when has how the crowd feel about someone ever influenced how the WWE book someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

To be fair, he suffered a serious concussion early In the match last year. It probably still wouldn't have been up there with his greatest matches but would probably have been pretty solid.

I'm surprised they're not going down the Sting route this year considering he is available but apparently Mania is in Texas next year and I'm thing they might both retire there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Degag wrote: »
    To be fair, he suffered a serious concussion early In the match last year. It probably still wouldn't have been up there with his greatest matches but would probably have been pretty solid.

I'm surprised they're not going down the Sting route this year considering he is available but apparently Mania is in Texas next year and I'm thing they might both retire there.

Both losing to Trips in a retirement triple threat elimination match.

CSF wrote: »
    He really doesn't. A year and a half and not one feud that has gotten the audience behind it. There are a decent number of guys who have been doing alot more with what they've been given than Wyatt but they don't seem to be even in the Mania picture.

Wyatt getting Taker at Mania is the heel equivalent of Reigns winning the Rumble and going onto Lesnar.

He has absolutely no heel heat but when has how the crowd feel about someone ever influenced how the WWE book someone.

Okay then.

Nail. On. Head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'll be very disappointed if it's Bray vs taker not that Bray isn't good, he clearly is and I'd imagine he'll be around for years.

But my main problem as has been mentioned is that taker should be looking for revenge on brock not a random match up.

Taker sould just cost brock the match at mania he doesn't even need to go a full match. The pop for that would be enough. Lights go out he appears in ring, tombstones lesner and lights go out again and he's gone. Simple and effective and taker has his revenge.

• Advertisement

Okay then.

Ah come on now. Considering half the posts on this forum have been running down the way WWE has forced Reigns despite not being over adequately as a face then surely it's reasonable to point out that the exact same applies here.

Ah come on now. Considering half the posts on this forum have been running down the way WWE has forced Reigns despite not being over adequately as a face then surely it's reasonable to point out that the exact same applies here.

I merely said he has potential, that's my opinion which you ran down. That's what I responded to.

He can talk, he can go in the ring and for a lad of his size, his endurance is surprisingly good. He wrongly came out the wrong end of his feud with Cena (for whatever reason), and that stalled everything from a credibility standpoint. I think it's a shame, because he does have what it takes to succeed, so I'd like to see him being used in a way that gets him there in a logical way.

The end result last night did nothing to help that.

I merely said he has potential, that's my opinion which you ran down. That's what I responded to.

He can talk, he can go in the ring and for a lad of his size, his endurance is surprisingly good. He wrongly came out the wrong end of his feud with Cena (for whatever reason), and that stalled everything from a credibility standpoint. I think it's a shame, because he does have what it takes to succeed, so I'd like to see him being used in a way that gets him there in a logical way.

I apologise for disagreeing with your opinion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:rolleyes:

An File wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Anything to say to go with the rolleyes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This vendetta you have against Bray Wyatt and your disdain for people who enjoy the character got old months ago, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

A manic Undertaker returning as a haunted soul to cost Brock the title at Fastlane would be money. It'd set up Reigns/Rollins nicely too.

I have no problem with disagreeing with my opinion. Doing so in a "matter of fact" way however, is not exactly the most constructive device available.

An File wrote: »
    This vendetta you have against Bray Wyatt and your disdain for people who enjoy the character got old months ago, that's all.
    I apologise that my opinion has not changed on the matter. Do you see anything incorrect in the comparison I made between the booking of Wyatt towards Undertaker and the booking of Reigns towards Lesnar, while a ****load of guys who've done great work throughout the year, won't get anything that good?

Is it the actual opinion I expressed that you find to be incorrect, or merely that I expressed an opinion at all?

• Advertisement

I have no problem with disagreeing with my opinion. Doing so in a "matter of fact" way however, is not exactly the most constructive device available.
    Well I didn't mean to be offensive, if that is any solace.

Well I didn't mean to be offensive, if that is any solace.

I'll dust myself off. A cruel blow has been struck, but I will prevail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Think Wyatt is potentially a very good heel. Like his gimmick, has ring presence and he's decent on the mic, even if some of his promos are meh. And it takes two to make a poor feud, and you can't tell me his last couple have been booked in any meaningful way, there is nothing at stake for the audience because they make no sense.

bur wrote: »
    Think Wyatt is potentially a very good heel. Like his gimmick, has ring presence and he's decent on the mic, even if some of his promos are meh. And it takes two to make a poor feud, and you can't tell me his last couple have been booked in any meaningful way, there is nothing at stake for the audience because they make no sense.
    Agreed, on the last part. But some of the guys who've been suffering have been making gold out of the same dirt. Ziggler in particular.

His health is seriously declining and no amount of money is worth it at this stage, even taker knows this.

The streak is gone now so I see no benefit to come from another match, he will only further damage himself and his legacy if he has another match.

I completely agree Cheese!

I said on another forum last year at the start of the Cena feud he was being buried. Who doesn't get buried by Cena in fairness? Rusev is up next!

They had something great there with Wyatt and have already killed his momentum ten times over, he should of came out much better than he did at the end of the Cena feud.

His RR showing was great, but then they ruined it by him being eliminated in the manner he was. Went out with a wimper and the commentary team barely mentioned it.

• Advertisement

I completely agree Cheese!

I said on another forum last year at the start of the Cena feud he was being buried. Who doesn't get buried by Cena in fairness? Rusev is up next!

They had something great there with Wyatt and have already killed his momentum ten times over, he should of came out much better than he did at the end of the Cena feud.

His RR showing was great, but then they ruined it by him being eliminated in the manner he was. Went out with a wimper and the commentary team barely mentioned it.

Despite my fear of getting crucified for having an opinion again, I'll persevere.

I wouldn't particularly say that the Cena feud was a fork in the road that went the wrong way.

The Kane and Bryan feuds certainly didn't go particularly well either, the fans didn't buy into them at all for various reasons.

The WWE went with their 'as long as he keeps winning he's ready' approach, the one they're clearly trying to push through with Reigns, and thought that all of a sudden his heel heat will be smouldering with Cena, but it didn't happen. It takes a really good heel to be able to maintain the heel heat against the largely unpopular with the vocal live crowd Cena.

Rusev may fare better, especially with Lana, because he's been able to get the heel heat against pretty much all opponents thus far. Partly because of the Anti-America gimmick. But also because he is f*ckin awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Agreed, on the last part. But some of the guys who've been suffering have been making gold out of the same dirt. Ziggler in particular.

Ziggler barely gets any reaction at all in the arenas, he's also terrible on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ziggler barely gets any reaction at all in the arenas, he's also terrible on the mic.

When have you heard Ziggler on the mic over a period of time to say hes terrible.

Ziggler definitely gets a reaction. I'd also dispute heavily that he is terrible on the mic. He's not Seth Rollins, but he holds his own pretty well, and his wrestling and portrayal of his character is second to very few.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really? I always thought the crowd popped strongly for Ziggler. Ziggler can cut a promo when he wants when he isn't stuck going on about the whole show off thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement