Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveragh 200

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Its one of the best alright. Is there any way we could get some more climbing in to it:D. Thanks to the helpers who looked after us and fed us must have been a long day for them. I will be back next year. Highly recomended.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

lescol wrote: »

Thanks for that lescol, found a couple of nice shots of myself coming up the Gap!
    doedoe wrote: »
    im not sure if i should say this because its a bit of a secret, but this is one of the best sportives in ireland. small but friendly bunch on quiet roads which were in good condition in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. what a route some serious climbs on this, 21% gradient out of Portmagee at 174km really hurt. Lads stick this date in the diary for next year its well worth the trip...

Couldn't agree more. Probably the toughest route of any sportive that I've done, particularly that fierce climb up Coomanaspic! Unless your surname is Voeckler, you're going to hurt! Celebrations were in order at the top:

7636832050_59b489b9a4.jpg

I took quite a few photos along the way, mainly of the fantastic scenery but you may be able to spot yourselves in or or two of them! http://www.flickr.com/photos/eoin88/sets/72157630728083762/
    Great day out, will definitely be back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Fabulous day for cycling, I had to get back for the match, so finished at 130km!
    You caught me on camera though:-
    7636874164_a53bac529a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Thinking of doing this in July.

Can you enter on the day does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

A gem of a sportive, tucked away in one of the furthest westerly points in Ireland. One of the genuinely toughest sportives there are in Ireland.

The small attendance does not put off the organiser, the small attendance makes the sportive more difficult: absolutely no drafting possible.

Literally every hill in West Kerry. The Organiser Eoin, once told us that people return to conquer Coumanapsic, that seed alone, will bring me back there.

Phenomenally tough sportive. Like unbelievable.

search for iveragh 200.

• Advertisement

I didnt get a chance to post about this until now.What a day we had.Sunshine all day long, great views and the crack was mighty.Thanks again to everyone involved.
    We were well looked after with food and extra water stops in the heat.Fairplay to ye all. This is my favorite event.
    Brilliant day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I didnt get a chance to post about this until now.What a day we had.Sunshine all day long, great views and the crack was mighty.Thanks again to everyone involved.
    We were well looked after with food and extra water stops in the heat.Fairplay to ye all. This is my favorite event.
    Brilliant day!

+1 magical route. As good as chain gang sportive route/day3 of tkas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

So its Iveragh 200 time again [19th July], anyone here giving it a go? Heading down myself and looking forward to it, not as much training completed as I'd like to have but still looking forward to the challenge.

http://www.iveragh200.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

A great route but that date is just so bad for me, I miss it every year.....
    I would love to cycle it, to those attending enjoy the pain!

Another great day out on the bike but much tougher than I remember although I had more miles in the legs 2 years ago. Weather held up so no showers and not too much heat until late in the day out on Valentia Island which was fine as it was on the journey home. I stopped on the Island for my own break just looking out onto the Atlantic with the clear view, wish I had a camera phone (now on the wish-list) as it was amazing view.

This really is an amazing route and for anyone not up for the 200 yet than the 130 option is just a shorter beautiful version. All in I counted 10 climbs on the 200 and 4 of them hitting in excess of 10% made is very tough. I had to stop going up the Commanaspic climb and don't know how I managed to get over it with only 1 dismount as I literally crawled to the top (would have been quicker walking!). Made it up 2 years ago without stopping so will be back for revenge, in my defence I had over 170 km already clocked up!

Definitely one of my favourite events now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mark11original

Anyone know if the Iveragh 200 takes place this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Anyone know if the Iveragh 200 takes place this year?

its on the 15th of august, check killorglin cycling club website

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mark11original

Oh Cheers. Must be just updated as I checked earlier today and 2014 details were still up on it.

official website now updated:

http://www.iveragh200.com/

Great event and thoroughly recommend this one......

Anyone else thinking of some suffering around Kerry. I think I will give this a go again this year.

Anyone else thinking of some suffering around Kerry. I think I will give this a go again this year.

Ya going giving it a go again this year, down in B&B now so looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully this weather holds!

Great day again, lovely weather and stunning scenery on the route. Only about 30 entrants this year but still met with others on the road which was good as I thought it would be lonely. The wind from Molls Gap to Sneem and then heading to Portmagee was punishing but otherwise the wind wasn't bad on the other sections. Made is up Commanaspic without stopping this year but pretty much crawled up the final couple of 100 metres. While none of the climbs are particularly long they nearly all have severe gradients which seem to get more severe as the day goes on!

As per my other comments this should be a must for anyone looking for a real challenge and I'll be back again next year for my 4th Iveragh!

Advertisement