Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ace Frehley!!

could we see a Kiss reunion?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd nearly make the trip over just to see L7!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Thunder were absolutely class in 2013, look forward to seeing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ha Kiss original line-up will never happen :D lucky if Ace is even there solo isn't he notorious for cancelling shows?

Actually met Stray from the path in Holland bout 2 years ago sound lads remembered their name and checked them out after wasn't my cupán but fair fecks to them.

Decent undercard announcement a few bands I'd be happy to watch there but nothing that would make me rush out to get a ticket (I already have one but ya know what I mean :)).

Pingi wrote: »
    Thunder were absolutely class in 2013, look forward to seeing them again.

Might get to check them out this time I think they clashed with Motorhead that year

• Advertisement

Just a heads up Monday flight EMA - DUB 10:55 is current £20, I just snapped up 2 seats. Sounds much better than the usual 6:30am Ryanair

Just a heads up Monday flight EMA - DUB 10:55 is current £20, I just snapped up 2 seats. Sounds much better than the usual 6:30am Ryanair

Cool just got one at that price, you forgot to mention it's with Aerlingus. Still don't know what day I'm headin over so have held off on that for now.

Poster just got updated, can already see some annoying clashes. 3 way with the Saturday headliners AWK/Muse/MM and L7/Billy Idol being the worst :(:(:(

338632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Wonder will Andy WK pop over here while he's in the area??

Maybe the Tuesday for us all to enjoy him :o

Looks very ClashFest :(

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Wonder will Andy WK pop over here while he's in the area??

Maybe the Tuesday for us all to enjoy him :o

Looks very ClashFest :(

Indeed poster on site has now reverted back to one before they posted that, perhaps they are tweaking a few things from some of the negative feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

Guys any idea when the next batch of bands is going to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm quite happy with this line up and, if the finances are the right way, then I'll be going to this for sure

Tickets booked! Looking forward to this now! :D

That poster above has been confirmed today - hopefully when they pad out the line up a bit the clashes won't be as apparent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Great line-up for me at this and the usual flights I get for the 5 day camping are currently at €20 return with Ryanair but the crappy exchange rates bring the ticket cost to about €300 which is making me think twice. This is a tough one!

Booked mine over for €10 earlier too. 2 return flights and 4 nights in Travelodge Loughborough for €225 between us, delighted with that. I say book flights and think about it later at worst you'll lose €20.

Cool just got one at that price, you forgot to mention it's with Aerlingus. Still don't know what day I'm headin over so have held off on that for now.

This has been changed to 15:50, a mate tried to book it and it wasn't showing up on the website so I queried with Aer Lingus, they said an email was sent out explaining but I didn't get 1. Not a problem for us anyways

Ryanair have droped their prices and aer lingus have gone mental!

Ryanair for €20 it is! :D

33z5hc6.jpg

Take a deep breath, here we go. Joining us at Donington this June:
    ‘A’ / Aaron Keylock / Allusondrugs / American Fangs / Apocalyptica / Beartooth / Blackberry Smoke / Butcher Babies / Cavalera Conspiracy / Code Orange / Counterparts / Crobot / Dead Daises / Decade / Dolomite Minor / Emp!re / Fightstar / Ghost Town / God Damn / Heart of a Coward / Hey! Hello! / Hyena / Iconic Eye / In Hearts Wake / Insomnium / Love Zombies / Modestep / New Years Day / The One Hundred / The Pink Slips / Pop Evil / Purson / Roam / Rival State / Sirens In The Delta / The Sword / Sylosis / Trash Boat

Read more at http://downloadfestival.co.uk/news/38-bands-added-lineup-and-day-tickets-sale-friday#3S0IQo5g0uoCv6sG.99
    Ha! A - Let's all get a Starbucks :p Happy with Apocalyptica though :)

Anybody know any of the other bands?? I feel old and confused at those names :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sylosis, Apocalyptica, Blackberry Smoke, Cavalera Conspiracy, The Sword are the only bands i recognize, the rest i have never even heard off.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

Sylosis, Apocalyptica, Blackberry Smoke, Cavalera Conspiracy, The Sword
    as above the only ones ive heard of. Bit of a meh announcement for me.
    still going , booked and payed for. Plus side plenty of drinking time between bands i want to see. :D

Hey! Hello! is a side project from Ginger Wildheart have album imagine could be good fun live heard Victoria not singing with them anymore though.

Friday extremely weak reckon I'll travel over that morno due to this as looking like I won't need to be rushing into arena early!

Saw Cavalera Conspiracy at Graspop one year abysmal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went to every Donington from 1985 up until MoR finished in 1996, then went to Ozzfest and i think 3 Downloads.

I fcukin hate what it has become, quantity over quality every time, ah great, you have 120 bands on, how many have i fcukin heard of? How many of the one's i want to see are going to clash, Ah, bands just finished on Stage 1, off on the 26 mile trek now to the second stage. End of the night and i need me tent, that's be another 7 miles.

I long for the days of Monsters of Rock when ya really had to be a monster of rock to get on the bill.

All they need is 2 stages, side by side and alternate performances, you wouldn't miss a band all weekend

scudzilla wrote: »
    I fcukin hate what it has become, quantity over quality every time, ah great, you have 120 bands on, how many have i fcukin heard of? How many of the one's i want to see are going to clash, Ah, bands just finished on Stage 1, off on the 26 mile trek now to the second stage. End of the night and i need me tent, that's be another 7 miles.

I long for the days of Monsters of Rock when ya really had to be a monster of rock to get on the bill.

Yeah yer dead right here have these bands...I'd watch those but probably not those etc. oh wait that's funny the ones I'd watch happen to clash and I've no alternative when bands I've no interest in are playing.

Some of the bands on this line-up for example the likes of A, Bodycount or Andrew WK maybe should be used to beef up the main stage rather than be lost in a tent.

Also the staggering thing, and people are told by the organizers hey don't worry you'll actually get to see half of X and half of X, who in the hell goes to half a gig??

The way rock music has gone the record sales aren't there to designate Monsters I guess the money is in touring so there is all bands big or small wanting a slice of the pie at the festivals doesn't help.

The reasons above are the reasons i love sonisphere - campsite so close to the main arena, it even stays open at night and alternating main stages - just brilliant!

Announcement later today (3pm), its the last of these announcements (apart from fill ins/cancellations etc) hopefully something good.

Also Drones are to fly overhead during Muses set.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If the sun coming out has left you parched, parch no more as we give you another 27 of the hottest acts to quench your thirst and grace the sun-drenched (ahem) stages at Download 2015.

Although we can’t promise the sun, we can promise you Sunday’s 3rd and 4th stage headliners Yellowcard and Suicidal Tendencies, as well as seminal Post-Hardcore megaliths Funeral For A Friend, Heavy Metal titans Corrosion of Conformity, Gothfathers Lacuna Coil, the ever-punching 36 Crazyfists, plus this awesome lot:

36 CRAZYFISTS / ANTEMASQUE / BLUES PILLS / CARCASS / CHUNK! NO, CAPTAIN CHUNK! / COLOUR OF NOISE / CORROSION OF CONFORMITY / E OF E / FIDLAR / FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND / GET HOT / KROKODIL / LACUNA COIL / LIKE A STORM / LTNT / MALEFICE / SEPTEMBER MOURNING / SUICIDAL TENDENCIES / THE CADILLAC THREE / THE LOUNGE KITTENS / THE QEMISTS / THE STRUTS / THE WILD LIES / THREE DAYS GRACE / UPON A BURNING BODY / VON HERTZEN BROTHERS / YELLOWCARD

Taking to the stages at Donington come June, you’ll find supergroup Krokodil plus a blend of Prog, Funk and Punk Rock from Antemasque, featuring former members of The Mars Volta and At The Drive-In.

Canadian stadium rockers Three Days Grace also join the line-up, while Reading thrash merchants Malefice return following the release of a new EP. Fellow homegrown axe-wielders The Wild Lies provide a shot of undiluted classic Hard Rock, as the sharply dressed Upon A Burning Body return to Donington having been denied their Download appearance last year, when singer Danny Leal was taken ill at the last minute.

Another act who had to had to pull out of their 2014 performance but return in 2015 is September Mourning, while Finnish Folk-Prog goliaths Von Hertzen Brothers also join the bill, following the release of their new album in March.

New albums all round as The Qemists get in on the act with fellow Brightonians Colour of Noise, who make their debut at Download alongside the hotly tipped LTNT.

Swedish-American Blue Pills blend smoky Blues with thunderous Hard Rock, while surf/skate punks Fidlar and Dub-Rave-Punk experimentalists Get Hot also enter the fray. Chunk, No, Captain Chunk! make their first appearance, while Kerrang! Best Newcomer Award nominees E of E will be making the comparatively short trip from Dudley.

Derby rockers The Struts, New Zealanders Like A Storm and Country rockers The Cadillac Three all but complete the lineup apart from the sounds of vocal harmonists The Lounge Kittens, whose twist on Rock and Metal classics has earned them opening spots for Limp Bizkit and Steel Panther among others.

The countdown is on, the days are longer and we’re reminded that the sun actually works. Time to start dreaming of sweaty tents, sun-tan lotion, after-sun, dusty shoes, endless fluids and f*ckin ROCK N ROLL.

Be at Download 2015. Get your day and weekend tickets here: www.downloadfestival.co.uk/tickets

Read more at http://downloadfestival.co.uk/news/it-s-hotting-loads-more-added-download-2015-lineup#KclBJP2STPFXSc75.99

Love the Cadillac Three so that's at least one great addition for me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10987321_10152965360239830_2563041726798683565_n.jpg?oh=34468ca1e614b994caf7a2c0a23146b7&oe=55E5C570

Advertisement