Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Why am I still getting a notice about the problem with the menu on non-default skins? It's not holiday time any more boards.ie! Get the finger out!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I doubt that Dr Ferrari's Camper Van is the first port of call for the site's technical staff. Perhaps your complaint might be better directed in the Feedback forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Also, did you notice it's fixed? Did you click the 'x' to get rid of the notice?

I doubt that Dr Ferrari's Camper Van is the first port of call for the site's technical staff. Perhaps your complaint might be better directed in the Feedback forum.

Perhaps. Me ar$e!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

buffalo wrote: »

Was just looking at that myself - here it is online: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0114/1224328802911.html

1224328802911_1.jpg?ts=1358165210
    You can't always believe those photos are what they say they are. A few years ago one was printed in the Manchester Evening News claiming to show a car driving through snow in the Peak District. Next day I flew into Dublin and the Irish Times had exactly the same photo claiming to be somewhere in Wicklow. You just can't trust journalists ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Beasty wrote: »
    You just can't trust journalists ... :)

This be's true. A few years back I made some sh1te up and posted it on a forum. It was printed in the ST that weekend as a statement of fact. Plagiarising gorbellied earth-vexing nut-hooks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

6098_506899779354185_1991393009_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

There's no way in hell I can get hard shell gatorskins on without using tire levers. Expect a post about my first pinch puncture shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

There's no way in hell I can get hard shell gatorskins on without using tire levers. Expect a post about my first pinch puncture shortly.

GP4 seasons and GP4000's are the same, I usually pump my tubes up slightly before levering the tyre on carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

colm_gti wrote: »
    GP4 seasons and GP4000's are the same, I usually pump my tubes up slightly before levering the tyre on carefully.

Tried to do the same, I'm just too weak I guess. Levered them on, gave the tires a good wiggle to make sure they seated properly. Hoping for the best, but won't go too far from home tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Horse meat in Burgers! They can't allow that to go on furlong!:D

velo.2010 wrote: »

Go away and never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm just after listening to the most recent This American Life podcast about passing off pig anus as calamari rings. I wouldn't mind trying some horse meat burgers though.

This evening I saw someone wearing a helmet whilst cycling a dublin bike, something I don't believe I've seen before. He justified his cautiousness by falling off for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

is there anything better than a cup of hot chocolate milk after a good ride on a cold night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

lennymc wrote: »
    is there anything better than a cup of hot chocolate milk after a good ride on a cold night?
    Maybe a bowl of Seafood Chowder or something of that nature ;).

Zurek-w-chlebie-proste-przepisy-kulinarne.jpg

I generally just fall asleep, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Seweryn wrote: »
    Maybe a bowl of Seafood Chowder or something of that nature ;).

Zurek-w-chlebie-proste-przepisy-kulinarne.jpg

i had something like that in poland once. It was lovely. Wasnt chowder tho, was a nice beef stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had a stab at the mighty Gap of Mamore in the Urris Mountains in Co Donegal yesterday. I'm not the better of it yet. Absolutely savage. I had to do the walk of shame 3 times on the way up. I think I'm still traumatised by the whole experience! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Don't want to start a new thread on this.....But

Donedeal.ie. search 2681. These are fake Oakleys right? I've had a couple of pairs of knock offs and these look suspiciously like them (three pairs of lenses), spare nose piece in the little zip lock bag with the red stripe.

If something appears too good to be true.............

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I had a stab at the mighty Gap of Mamore in the Urris Mountains in Co Donegal yesterday. I'm not the better of it yet. Absolutely savage. I had to do the walk of shame 3 times on the way up. I think I'm still traumatised by the whole experience! :o

Did the hill climb champs there a few years back. I collapsed in a ditch for about ten minutes afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Raam wrote: »
    Did the hill climb champs there a few years back. I collapsed in a ditch for about ten minutes afterwards.

Shows you were putting the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Raam wrote: »
    A nice pic of the Ras doing it. The pic doesn't even do it justice!

MamoreGap080113_zps19a2eb05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Gah, it never ends sometimes*. Picked up the beater from Joe Daly's, cotter pins replaced - it's like a whole new bike (still a bit rusty though). Punctured on the way home. :rolleyes:

*so I guess that invalidates the never. ah well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Apparently they're low in fat but high in Shergar.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cartoon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm guessing Contador is freaked he didn't claim he was eating Irish Beef burgers at the time.
    Right now Lance could explain he troubles away with €10 spent and double Tesco points.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Lads, enoughfor of the burger jokes in this thread, there's not a length between them...

• Advertisement

i had something like that in poland once. It was lovely. Wasnt chowder tho, was a nice beef stew.

The one in the pic is called Zurek. It only comes in packets over here :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement