Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Diabetes] General Chat and Support Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got my hba1c yesterday and I'm quite happy with a 7.2. I was also told that I've been below 7.5 for the last 3 years running, which I'm proud of. I do wonder what it would take for me to get down to 6.5, I'm thinking a low carb diet to have any chance. However I'm very physically active and feel I need carbs to keep my sugars in check!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Got my hba1c yesterday and I'm quite happy with a 7.2. I was also told that I've been below 7.5 for the last 3 years running, which I'm proud of. I do wonder what it would take for me to get down to 6.5, I'm thinking a low carb diet to have any chance. However I'm very physically active and feel I need carbs to keep my sugars in check!

My husband is 6.1 - he puts its ll down to using the pump and CGM... 7.2 is still excellent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

My hba1c is always about 7.5-8.2. I'v had it for twenty years. My retina screen has come back with retinopathy and it's depressing the hell out of me. Really being diabetes at the min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Got my HBa1C down from just over 10% at the start of March to 7.7% two weeks ago. Delighted and thought I was heading in the right direction but yesterday the endo has asked me to run my bloods a bit on the high side (fasting BS of 8-9 and post meal of 9-10) for 8 weeks to try and re establish hypo awareness as I've stopped being able to recognise when I'm having one. A bit gutted as I know it's going to cause the hba1c to rise again after all the hard work I've put in. Has anyone else ever been asked to do this? I haven't come across it before but doctors must know best!:)

Also found out my hospital has started running the DAFNE course so I'm doing it in July! :)

• Advertisement

might be a bit of info here :

http://hypoglycemia.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Aeternum wrote: »
    Got my HBa1C down from just over 10% at the start of March to 7.7% two weeks ago. Delighted and thought I was heading in the right direction but yesterday the endo has asked me to run my bloods a bit on the high side (fasting BS of 8-9 and post meal of 9-10) for 8 weeks to try and re establish hypo awareness as I've stopped being able to recognise when I'm having one. A bit gutted as I know it's going to cause the hba1c to rise again after all the hard work I've put in. Has anyone else ever been asked to do this? I haven't come across it before but doctors must know best!:)

Also found out my hospital has started running the DAFNE course so I'm doing it in July! :)
    Mine was 5.2 in old money and my consultant wants me to run it at 6.0 - I have a few hypos a day, not helped by gastrointestinal cancer surgery over 9 years ago. I also have variations due to the fact that I may be per-menopausal and am under a lot of stress at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

calfmuscle wrote: »
    My hba1c is always about 7.5-8.2. I'v had it for twenty years. My retina screen has come back with retinopathy and it's depressing the hell out of me. Really being diabetes at the min.

Yeh, it does seem to be kicking in after 20 years...got my 20 "anniversary" myself this year and my retina got the initial stages of damage too ://

I think freestyle libre will be better/more reliable than CGM pumps but lets see

uli84 wrote: »
    I think freestyle libre will be better/more reliable than CGM pumps but lets see
    My fear is of being allergic to it - I was allergic to porcine insulin and have been taking antihistamines for various allergies ever since.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to this becoming available through the HSE. Vincents private say that they are looking into it at present, but as yet haven't gotten approval for it. My consultant reckons that it would be a cost saving device in the long term. Fingers crossed it becomes available at some point this year!

I'm looking forward to this becoming available through the HSE. Vincents private say that they are looking into it at present, but as yet haven't gotten approval for it. My consultant reckons that it would be a cost saving device in the long term. Fingers crossed it becomes available at some point this year!
    We probably go to the same consultant...I do have worries about being allergic to it - I am on some forums getting used to how other users are getting used to it in the UK. It would be great for night time as it would mean not having to wake up my spouse if I need to check my blood sugars and would be great for exercise as well but I wish that it had an alarm for low blood sugars...will see in any case - I have a One Touch Ultrasmart meter that I have used for years that has been great for me.

Dunno about that..... i've done a good bit a research on both and with the Libre it only reads your bloods when you "scan" over the little pod thing..

it doesn't read them continuously (unless i read it wrong) whereas the Dexcom send signals every few minutes plus has alarms for when going high / low... they both read / test the exact same fluid so cant see it being more reliable. My OH finds the Dexcom excellent and very accurate.

It depends on what you want from it i suppose.. if its just a pain free way of reading blood then maybe but with regard to monitoring and keeping bloods low / normal level cant see how this will match up to the CGM to be honest etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

cocker5 wrote: »
    Dunno about that..... i've done a good bit a research on both and with the Libre it only reads your bloods when you "scan" over the little pod thing..

it doesn't read them continuously (unless i read it wrong) whereas the Dexcom send signals every few minutes plus has alarms for when going high / low... they both read / test the exact same fluid so cant see it being more reliable. My OH finds the Dexcom excellent and very accurate.

It depends on what you want from it i suppose.. if its just a pain free way of reading blood then maybe but with regard to monitoring and keeping bloods low / normal level cant see how this will match up to the CGM to be honest etc.
    I imagine it will be a lower cost and possibly more available than CGMs. The stopping of routing blood testing would suit many, including me, where I can just reach for the scanner and get reading while I'm working or my OH can do a quick scan while I'm driving and see the levels and direction they are going and I can take whatever corrective action is needed.

CGMs are the dogs dangly bits but this could bring a lot of people further along the road of better control. I test 8-10 times a day and my fingers are in bits, tbh.

I imagine it will be a lower cost and possibly more available than CGMs. The stopping of routing blood testing would suit many, including me, where I can just reach for the scanner and get reading while I'm working or my OH can do a quick scan while I'm driving and see the levels and direction they are going and I can take whatever corrective action is needed.

CGMs are the dogs dangly bits but this could bring a lot of people further along the road of better control. I test 8-10 times a day and my fingers are in bits, tbh.

Ok but this is still NOT testing the blood its in fluid in between the muscle so it will be out by around 10-20% (same for the CGM some of the time) so you will be still testing 10 times a day...

The CGM Dexcom is now available on the LTI card and my OH got it straight away not waiting once it was approved... My OH while uses the Dexcom (and would be lost without it) still ends up testing 8-10 times a day... but with the Dexcom with its alarms etc it gives him excellent control of his bloods and a huge amount of freedom.

As they test the same fluid (not blood) and a T1 will need to to finger prick in order to get an accruate result i just dont see the need for them if im honest.. I would be pushing for the CGM from the HSE etc.. thats just me.

Even though they (cgm) is sipping interstitial fluid, tis scary accurate most of the time

The most useful bit is the rate-of-falling alarm and low alarm ( you can catch hypos before they happen )

If you use an iphone as the reciever someone else can watch it on another phone across the internet ( useful for kids etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dick Dastardly

gctest50 wrote: »
    Even though they (cgm) is sipping interstitial fluid, tis scary accurate most of the time

The most useful bit is the rate-of-falling alarm and low alarm ( you can catch hypos before they happen )

If you use an iphone as the reciever someone else can watch it on another phone across the internet ( useful for kids etc)
    Is there a way to connect a Medtronic cgms to an Iphone pls?

I agree the most useful benefit is the trend detail it gives for highs and lows and allowing early intervention / remediation. Bear in mind with a cgms it still needs to be calibrated to a blood test around 4 times a day so whether cgms or freestyle it's not the end of fingertips that look like teabags....

yip

http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/products/minimed-connect

MiniMed Connect links your MiniMed system to an app on your iPhone® or iPod touch®, making it easy to see your pump and glucose details.

usual horsecrap :
    "It’s part of our plan to become a holistic diabetes management company," Annette Brüls, President of the Diabetes Service and Solutions business at Medtronic, told MobiHealthNews.

more like they are sh****g bricks because Bigfoot have bought Asante ( snap pumps) :

http://www.bigfootbiomedical.com/

Hate all those wires that come with the "artificial pancreas" but looking forward to the developments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Ok but this is still NOT testing the blood its in fluid in between the muscle so it will be out by around 10-20% (same for the CGM some of the time) so you will be still testing 10 times a day...

The CGM Dexcom is now available on the LTI card and my OH got it straight away not waiting once it was approved... My OH while uses the Dexcom (and would be lost without it) still ends up testing 8-10 times a day... but with the Dexcom with its alarms etc it gives him excellent control of his bloods and a huge amount of freedom.

As they test the same fluid (not blood) and a T1 will need to to finger prick in order to get an accruate result i just dont see the need for them if im honest.. I would be pushing for the CGM from the HSE etc.. thats just me.

Hang on... so, we are able to apply for Dexcom CGMs on the LTI scheme? (is it the Dexcom G4?) I wasn't aware of this, I'll have to ask the consultant in a few weeks if I can apply to get one. I find myself a bit obsessive with glucose checking, I like to have very tight control on my sugars all the time. So, if I only had to test my sugars via my glucose monitor 3-4 times a day and could get a CGM, it would make life much easier. Especially when I'm on the go during the day in college and it is awkward for me to get out my strips and do a test! I really hope I can get one approved :)

• Advertisement

I had a go with that new Medtronic pump and found the CGM feature and suspend function terrible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

What? When did it become available on LTI?

Does that mean a GP can now add that to my script?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

C-Shore wrote: »
    What? When did it become available on LTI?

Does that mean a GP can now add that to my script?

I presume the machine itself must still be signed off on by a consultant. I am still going to ask my GP to put it down and see does it slip through the cracks.

Are Libre patches covered by LTI?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dick Dastardly

I had a go with that new Medtronic pump and found the CGM feature and suspend function terrible :(
    Add your reply here.
    Any particular reasons uli84? I find the cgms is great particularly when exercising or when life's a bit more unexpected. I had trouble with the suspend feature at the start but once I got my head around the delay between insulin delivery and function it worked fine. Horses for courses I guess....

I suppose it's just the beginnings are tough, my issue was with calibrations and the fact it was quite inaccurate a lot of the time.
    As for the suspend-it never prevented from the low happening, I think I was too optimistic thinking it would. Could be it was just set up wrong

I asked the nurse while I was getting bloods done this morning and she said it wasn't available on LTI :( I wish there was a clearer way to find out devices that you can get on LTI.

What process did your OH go through to get it, if you don't mind me asking? How did he start the application and who had to sign off on it?

rm212 wrote: »
    I asked the nurse while I was getting bloods done this morning and she said it wasn't available on LTI :( I wish there was a clearer way to find out devices that you can get on LTI.

What process did your OH go through to get it, if you don't mind me asking? How did he start the application and who had to sign off on it?

Actually... is it the Dexcom G5 (the one that doesn't actually need a receiver, you need the transmitter that lasts 3 months and packs of sensors)? Then this would probably be considered a prescription medication with no upfront "lump" cost for equipment.

Actually... is it the Dexcom G5 (the one that doesn't actually need a receiver, you need the transmitter that lasts 3 months and packs of sensors)? Then this would probably be considered a prescription medication with no upfront "lump" cost for equipment.

Still a grand sterling for the starter pack so I would be surprised if it did not require the sign off from a consultant.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Still a grand sterling for the starter pack so I would be surprised if it did not require the sign off from a consultant.

What is the starter pack? Don't you just need the disposable transmitter (every 3 months) and the disposable sensors?

• Advertisement

What is the starter pack? Don't you just need the disposable transmitter (every 3 months) and the disposable sensors?

Prices here: http://www.advancedtherapeuticsuk.com/product-category/dexcom-g5%C2%AE-product-catalogue
    hopefully the HSE would have gotten better prices but you never know.

gctest50 wrote: »

I've found the CGM to be very hit and miss, sometimes its accurate, sometimes it is way way off. A recent example being a time where my CGM told me I was 18.5 or something, whereas my finger prick checks said I was in fact 6.2

So for me, the CGM can be useful, but it can also be a pain in the arse tbh.

(Enlite sensors here...)

I've found the CGM to be very hit and miss, sometimes its accurate, sometimes it is way way off. A recent example being a time where my CGM told me I was 18.5 or something, whereas my finger prick checks said I was in fact 6.2

So for me, the CGM can be useful, but it can also be a pain in the arse tbh.

(Enlite sensors here...)

TBF it works both ways, several times (well, a few anyway) I test my finger twice and find that they are so far apart that it was clearly an error, leading to a third test to tell which one was accurate.

TBF it works both ways, several times (well, a few anyway) I test my finger twice and find that they are so far apart that it was clearly an error, leading to a third test to tell which one was accurate.

I honestly can't say I agree. I find that finger pricks are generally within a 15% range. Unless your fingers are wet, or dirty (especially after chopping food for example) then results tend to line up with what I feel. Or multiple checks line up for me too. I would check very frequently also!

I honestly can't say I agree. I find that finger pricks are generally within a 15% range. Unless your fingers are wet, or dirty (especially after chopping food for example) then results tend to line up with what I feel. Or multiple checks line up for me too. I would check very frequently also!

The majority are but I do get curve balls in there now and again, eg first says 12.1, I feel it's wrong, check twice more to see it is 19.1 and 19.2. Happens more with hypos, check once and it is 6, check twice more and they are both at 2.2

It is rare, but it does happen, my fingers look like a donald trump voodoo doll. Just playing devils advocate, don't trust everything if it doesn't feel right.

Do you think that the readings on the CGM are wrong due to technical issues or because the glucose level is extremely different from circulating levels at that time? The first being a far more serious concern as presumably the latter wuld catch up.

I also think that it should be clear, that CGM is not meant to replace BG testing but to compliment it and insulin dosing. At the minute, it would be fair to say I test between 10 and 20 times a day. If I ever get CGM, I presume this will reduce down to the number my Diabetic team recommend eg 5 or 6 times a day.

On a side note, just woke up 40 minutes ago with, tá tart an domhain orm. At 27.3, it is not a good start to Saturday.

On a side note, just woke up 40 minutes ago with, tá tart an domhain orm. At 27.3, it is not a good start to Saturday.
    Owch, I hope that you feel better soon, mine was 3.7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

Hi folks, type 2 over 10 years. Has anyone heard about the 8 week blood sugar diet? Is it just another fad or has anyone tried it? I keep hearing that it can cure your diabetes but is the regime too strict?

My endo told me today that the Freestyle Libre will apparently be launching here in Ireland over the summer and hopes to get one for me... I presume that he means that it will be available on the LTI scheme. I've heard a lot of good things about it!

My HbA1c today was 8, does anyone know if that is good for someone who was diagnosed (as a type 1) 4 weeks ago? I've seen some people online saying theirs was in the mid-teens around the time of diagnosis; is that typical for type 1s?

My endo told me today that the Freestyle Libre will apparently be launching here in Ireland over the summer and hopes to get one for me... I presume that he means that it will be available on the LTI scheme. I've heard a lot of good things about it!

My HbA1c today was 8, does anyone know if that is good for someone who was diagnosed (as a type 1) 4 weeks ago? I've seen some people online saying theirs was in the mid-teens around the time of diagnosis; is that typical for type 1s?

HbA1c of 8 after 4 weeks is very good! Considering my BG was 33 when I was diagnosed, I can only imagine it was in the 20s for weeks, and so my HbA1c would have been in the teens I imagine.

A reading of 8 even after a few years, while not ideal, is certainly not the worst that clinics are seeing on an ongoing basis.

HbA1c of 8 after 4 weeks is very good! Considering my BG was 33 when I was diagnosed, I can only imagine it was in the 20s for weeks, and so my HbA1c would have been in the teens I imagine.

A reading of 8 even after a few years, while not ideal, is certainly not the worst that clinics are seeing on an ongoing basis.

Thanks, that's good to know! Mine was over 20 at diagnosis in A&E, but my ketones were at 5.6 so I'm sure mine had been high for a few weeks (unquenchable thirst stated around 3 weeks before). But I've made a lot of changes in my lifestyle and diet since being diagnosed and have only had one day where a test showed levels over 7.0 since diagnosis. It is usually between 4.5-6.5 when testing, so, hopefully I can stay this way and keep the HbA1c going down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Acapella

Hi All,

I stumbled across this thread - I was a long time lurker years ago when i was using Boards.ie but life got in the way and Boards took a back seat :) But seen a few people mentioning the FreeStyle Libre and just wanted to offer my two cents to the conversation.

My background -

29year old female, 18years diabetic on insulin pens (Novorapid/Lantus) 5x per day, HB1Ac (in old money) of between 7-8 and under the care of JOH Limerick.

I'm in Limerick but managed to get a Freestyle Libre shipped from Holland back in November. Between changing IP settings on my laptop and needing a Dutch address - it was a traumatic experience :) But I've used three sensors since November and my experience:

- Ease of Use - Incredibly easy to use and surprising quick and painless to put on. You can have it on the back of your arm in less than a minute and you can have your first scan after 60mins. Each sensor then last 14days from the point of first scan.
    -Battery Life - I had the scanner lasting for over 5+days and took only a couple of hours to charge.
    - Allergies - I had no allergic reaction to the sensors. I'm a member of the Facebook Freestyle Libre group and I can see loads of people have had reactions in the UK and other EU countries but luckily I wasn't one of them. It looks like the amount of reactions has decreased judging by the FB posts and I think this can be attributed to Abbott changing the formula for the adhesive.
    - Accuracy - First scan in the morning ALWAYS matched my finger prick meter but after that it was always between 2/3 mmols off (always higher for me). I reckon the morning was always spot on because no food and no exercise i.e. stable environment so should be accurate.
    - Maintenance - I could have showers/play sport etc with it on and found it worked just fine. Couple of times I forgot it was there and I got a fright!! But you need to be careful not to knock it off your arm with doors or sport etc because you cannot reapply to your arm.
    - Cost - It cost me 65e per sensor and each sensor lasts only 14days (you can't squeeze any more out of it).....very costly and thats why I haven't got one in a few months.

But in conclusion, it is a really good device if you want to know the range of blood sugar you are in but I wouldn't rely on it for total accuracy. It is great for spotting trends throughout the day such as a spike around 11am for me meaning I can take a unit or two of insulin.

It is also good for those occasions where you need a peace of mind and you need a security blanket to know you're grand For example, I was going mountain biking in Ballyhoura for the first time and I was afraid of what the level of exercise would do to to me in such an isolated place. Put the Libre on the night before and popped the scanner in my pocket and as I was cycling I could scan my arm and it told me what I was......told me I was just unfit and wasn't going to die from diabetes reasons!! :):) It would be great to get it on LTI book because as I said I found that the peace of mind alone it gave me was fantastic and you could relax a bit more.

Sorry for the long post - just my thoughts! Let me know if you have questions...happy to answer :)

Acapella

• Advertisement

Acapella wrote: »
    It would be great to get it on LTI book because as I said I found that the peace of mind alone it gave me was fantastic and you could relax a bit more.

it should be available on your LTI card no, just get your consultant to add it to your script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

hello - is there any way you can have type 2 Diabetes but your urine and blood tests come back clear? - every time I get something wrong I google (i know I shouldnt) and it points to Type 2 Diabetes. I have googled before about blurry eyes, high blood pressure, tiredness, increased peeing, dizziness, feeling like Im gonna pass out when im hungry and other things and it points to T2 Diabetes - the other week I googled because my cuts and spots are taking far longer to heal than they used to and it threw up Diabetes yet again ... but I was checked last year by GP and tests come back clear (well apart from increased creatine and bit of high chollesterol) are the Urine and Blood tests the only tests that decide if you have Diabetes or are there any other tests that can be done , and are the tests always accurate or can they throw up false readings? thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

hello - is there any way you can have type 2 Diabetes but your urine and blood tests come back clear? - every time I get something wrong I google (i know I shouldnt) and it points to Type 2 Diabetes. I have googled before about blurry eyes, high blood pressure, tiredness, increased peeing, dizziness, feeling like Im gonna pass out when im hungry and other things and it points to T2 Diabetes - the other week I googled because my cuts and spots are taking far longer to heal than they used to and it threw up Diabetes yet again ... but I was checked last year by GP and tests come back clear (well apart from increased creatine and bit of high chollesterol) are the Urine and Blood tests the only tests that decide if you have Diabetes or are there any other tests that can be done , and are the tests always accurate or can they throw up false readings? thanks.

if you do have T2 then a blood test will show it, assuming they do a hba1c as part of the test. The urine tests are next to useless. i had one when i first went to my gp and it came back negative so the gp told me i was fine and tried to send me on my way. If i hadnt insisted on a blood test i could have been left undiagnosed for months. In short go back to your gp, ask them for another blood test and insist they do a hba1c as part of it. if they tell you that they have already done one then ask for the results. if the results are in the normal range then ask your gp to further tests to find out what actually is wrong with you. keep at them until they give you an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

if you do have T2 then a blood test will show it, assuming they do a hba1c as part of the test. The urine tests are next to useless. i had one when i first went to my gp and it came back negative so the gp told me i was fine and tried to send me on my way. If i hadnt insisted on a blood test i could have been left undiagnosed for months. In short go back to your gp, ask them for another blood test and insist they do a hba1c as part of it. if they tell you that they have already done one then ask for the results. if the results are in the normal range then ask your gp to further tests to find out what actually is wrong with you. keep at them until they give you an answer.

Thanks for the reply ohnonotgmail - will defo go back and ask if they done that hba1c as part of the test (avoiding that look they give you when they think you are trying to tell them their job!)

Thanks, that's good to know! Mine was over 20 at diagnosis in A&E, but my ketones were at 5.6 so I'm sure mine had been high for a few weeks (unquenchable thirst stated around 3 weeks before). But I've made a lot of changes in my lifestyle and diet since being diagnosed and have only had one day where a test showed levels over 7.0 since diagnosis. It is usually between 4.5-6.5 when testing, so, hopefully I can stay this way and keep the HbA1c going down :)

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I'm both impressed and jealous! Just keep tracking your carbohydrate intake and keep up your exercise and you'll keep your hbA1c at good levels.

I meant to ask, is the Libre definitely coming or was it an off the cuff comment by your consultant?

it should be available on your LTI card no, just get your consultant to add it to your script

I rang up about it and they said that they can't get the Libre on LTI, even if the consultant requests it.

The good news is that they said you can get the Dexcom on LTI.

They also said that Abbott have been working with the HSE to try and get it onto LTI, but nothing has materialised yet.

So hopefully the talk of it coming this summer is true!

I rang up about it and they said that they can't get the Libre on LTI, even if the consultant requests it.

I know you can't get the Libre yet but I seen on Twitter people have got the pods/attachments through their LTI. Maybe a clerical error but it is possible AFAIK

I know you can't get the Libre yet but I seen on Twitter people have got the pods/attachments through their LTI. Maybe a clerical error but it is possible AFAIK

Interesting!

Did their consultant or GP give them the script?

If I could do that, I'd happily buy the monitor! Going to call VHI now and see will they over any of the cost of them if I can't get them on LTI.

Interesting!

Did their consultant or GP give them the script?

If I could do that, I'd happily buy the monitor! Going to call VHI now and see will they over any of the cost of them if I can't get them on LTI.

No idea, I will see can I dig out the message. I know if I want something that the Consultant won't write, I go to my GP. But this only works on small things, that may not flag. It could just be complete luck that the tweeter got it.

No idea, I will see can I dig out the message. I know if I want something that the Consultant won't write, I go to my GP. But this only works on small things, that may not flag. It could just be complete luck that the tweeter got it.

Interesting, I might try it anyway.
    Get my GP to put it on my script, then see if I can get it in the chemist.

If it works, I'll buy the monitor then.

I mean I can get the Dexcom anyway, but I'm just drawn in by the fact that I don't actually have to carry the Libre all the time to get CGM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement