Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators won't stop banning me for silly things

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can I get an admin this time? Don't just resolve it without responding.

The last time you acknowledged you were wrong and immediatedly unbanned me. Now tell me why I was banned from Afterhours for 6 days.

The thread lasted 3 pages with no one saying it was trolling, they all answer seriously, yet the moderator comes in of a power-surge and claims it's trolling:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057181210

Here's the other thread I was banned for no reason (unbanned immediatedly but this shouldn't be happening):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057174328

Is it possible to get to make 10 posts on this site without getting banned?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Jimminism wrote: »
    Can I get an admin this time?

No. If you're not interested in following the process, don't start a thread. A Rec CMod will be with you presently, assuming you've attempted to resolve this with the moderator who banned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Jimminism,

As oscarBravo said, please contact the moderator directly to discuss it with them, and if no agreement can be reached, reply here and I'll look into this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jimminism

I've contacted the moderator and he/she's been shown as active throughout the day after I sent the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Jimminism,

Apologies for the delay.

Given some of your other posts, it was deemed that you were trolling, and a new poster starting a thread which starts:
    It makes me feel insecure when all these men claim to have loads of sex.

Where do you get all the sex?

comes across as trolling, particularly in the context of some of your other posts.

If that is not your intention, then you are misjudging the tones of the forums you are posting in. Please take this in the spirit in which it's intended, namely to help prevent you from getting into further trouble.

Ban upheld. Please read the forum charter before posting again and perhaps spend more time reading the forum itself to help gain a better understanding of the purposes of the forum.

You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

Advertisement