Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies you just couldn't sit through

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

never walked out of a movie but was tempted with 'hitch hikers guide.....",
    had a kip instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

:-|

I thought that was a great movie. :S

Hu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I was just wondering if anybody has ever went to see a movie in the cinema and left half way through the film because it pissed u off?

I have only done this once...i went to see my first Star Wars in 2002...think it was Episode 2: attack of the clones...omg i really regreted it about a half an hour into the film, i got so pissed off that lol i left the cinema half wat through the film

I realized then that those type of films really don't agree with me...even thinking about the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy turns my stomach! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I felt like walking outta hitchikers but I was so comfy and falling asleep ! I did however walk outta Eyes Wide Shut after 5 minutes becuase it was so so bad. Usually I stay in a movie to the end cause the way I see it is that if someone makes a movie it deserves to be watched until the end and then judged.

On a sim point, I do not understand the entire world who didnt watch Vanilla Sky in its entirity. What a classic movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

• Advertisement

Oh, while Im here, quick question about vanilla sky, was it a remake?
    I think remember seeing sum weird french film ages before vanilla sky came out, and as I was watching the new version I suddenly remembered seeing the old 1, and was predicting everything ahead of time.

So I guess I just wanna know If Im psychic?

Maynard. wrote:
    Oh, while Im here, quick question about vanilla sky, was it a remake?
    So I guess I just wanna know If Im psychic?

So wierd I only found this out last night. It was actually a Spanish ( or french ) Film , made shot for shot in the same locations. It even starred Penelope Cruz in the same role!!! The remake sexed it up and evolved the cyogenic theme a bit more.

I havnt seen it however from what Im told thats it. Im terribly sorry Maynard my friend but it would appear you are as Psychic as a digarded pizza box :P

A digarded pizza box..
    How psychic is that? :)

Well it sits there waiting to go in the bin and it dosnt see that coming! :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bleh, threads merged. No need for two topics on the same subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

op ...believe it or not gladiator...couldn't get past the 1st scene just muck dunno why...maybe its cos even ben affleck is a better actor than russell crowe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

Star wars and stuart little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

The Assassination of Richard Nixon...

got up to leave on 4 different occassions... kept coming back for more misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jimbling wrote:
    The Assassination of Richard Nixon...

got up to leave on 4 different occassions... kept coming back for more misery.
    I remember seeing the trailers for that film and they made it look amazing. But the film actually really, really, really dragged itself along.

I was very disappointed in it.

But if there was an award for movie trailer production this should win first prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Elephant-based on the Columbine shootings.
    Absolutely brutal.
    Camera just follows a guy around for half the film, then follows a different guy around.
    Lack of dialogue creates a very boring(trying to make it sombre?) mood.
    I have a very high tolerance of films and I did sit through it, but just cos it was in the GF's house and her parents were watching it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

yep thats why i rented it... saw the trailer and thought... great movie.

its just that the character is not strong enough... he just ends up been a whiney fool who thinks the whole world should revolve around him.

I have nothing against what the movie is trying to do or portray... its just done very badly... shame on you penn :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Buffalo 66
    Hi my name is Vincent, I can't drive stick shift, *WHINGE*, I have a large anal probe in my .....
    Actual quote from the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Grimes wrote:
    I did however walk outta Eyes Wide Shut after 5 minutes becuase it was so so bad.

Not that I disagree on Eyes Wide Shut (not a fan myself), but how could you possibly know a film is no good after 5 minutes? Unless you're exaggerating how quickly it annoyed you, leaving after 5 minutes is just stupid.

Buffalo 66? Can't say I agree, I like that film! Elephant wasn't that bad either, could have been better but I watched it on DVD and didn't turn it off, didn't feel the urge to at any point either.

I never walk out of a film in the cinema, but I don't usually go to see things that are likely to be completely awful (like Van Helsing, or Hellboy). I just watch them on DVD or *cough* other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xstatic

Body of evidence with Madonna. Absolutely awful. Gave up after an hour - that was long enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jcoote wrote:
    op ...believe it or not gladiator...couldn't get past the 1st scene just muck dunno why...maybe its cos even ben affleck is a better actor than russell crowe

Are you nuts?? Gladiator is a fantastic movie and Russell Crowe was brilliant in it. Nobody could have played Maximus as well as he did. And waht has me even more distressed is that you left after the first scene!! Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

bazH wrote:
    Sideways,

Overhyped rim job of a flick

Ditto.

Dude wheres my car

Saved (with mandy moore) god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

joejoem wrote:
    Ditto.

Dude wheres my car

Saved (with mandy moore) god awful
    And then?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

"soul survivor" so god damm awful that it went from being bad to being so bad it's funny to being bad again. I did watch it all the way to the end but if i could go back in time to advised myself not to watch just one film this would be the one.
    http://www.boxoffice.com/scripts/fiw.dll?GetReview?&where=ID&terms=5554

Honorable mention goes to "The Star Wars Holiday Special" Never been a Star wars fan so i just skipped through the.... DVD *cough* a friend lent me. This is so bad it has to be seen to be believed, was aired once on November 17, 1978. Since then to the best of my knowledge it has never been offically aired or released. It's that bad.
    http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/star-wars-holiday-special.html

Advertisement