Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards messed up licenses

Options
  • 24-07-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Well lads more messing and confusing going on after my mam substituted her licence over 2 months ago after she was granted and then i put mine in a month ago and FO rang to ask her was there a second gun in the safe which did not make any sense to me,A week went by and today a licence came...but it wasnt for me to my complete disgust and confusion :confused:

They sent her another sub with a different certificate number with the same serial number and gun...rang FO sed he'll ring back tomorrow.She has 2 license for the same gun.

2 months and i cant go shooting and less than a month left i dont think ill get it before i got back to school...i feel like throwing the gun in the bin at this stage :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You are in the same district as me, aren't ya? If so he was on duty today when i rang at 12. He'll be back on tomorrow.

If not then it doesn't matter. What you need to do is get back onto him tomorrow, explain that your Mother has received a second certificate number, explain there is only one gun and which cert number do they have on PULSE for her. If they have both get them to cancel one, and show that there is only one gun on the premises. Then ask them to check on the status, on PULSE, of your application. If it's entered then it's just waiting on a signature.

I received my two subs this morning, my Father his, and my mate got one of two he is waiting on. All in the same district as you (i believe) so they are processing them. Get onto it, or better again call ahead to find out when the FO is on duty, bring your Mother, the licenses, and the gun, and then head to the station. Make sure the bolt and mag are out and the gun is safe, obviously. A visual/face to face wil get better results and once he sees the actual licenses & gun it'll make thins much clearer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Rang at about 2:30 sed hed be in abbeyleix tomorrow same district Owen Behan is FO ...super Joseph Prendergast signed it off.

Maybe ring him and c tomorrow might go into him and explain bring the gun in ye might be the best option here.

Owen is on the ball. In fairness he has come a long way in a short period of time considering he got stuck in the position after Eamon retired.

Is Predergast the new Super? Got the signature on the form, but did not recognise it. Lyndon/Lundon/London (whatever the feck her name is) was the last one, and before that it was either an inspector from Mullingar or Kildare. Good to know.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Last Summer Chief Super J B Scanlan sign off on my air rifle theres always choppin and changing.....Eamon was a great man so i heard fast and reliable...

I think so with the way the licenses came he must be new coz he made a serious balls of the licenses haha

1 month it took before they even look at my sub then making a balls of it not good in my opinion

1shot16 wrote: »
    Last Summer Chief Super J B Scanlan sign off on my air rifle theres always choppin and changing.....Eamon was a great man so i heard fast and reliable...
    Like everyone else he had a rocky start, but didn't last a year before he got sense and ran. :D
    I think so with the way the licenses came he must be new coz he made a serious balls of the licenses haha
    Not one to give credit where it's NOT due, but he was new last year, and now is on the ball. Best thing is he is quick to ring. No guessing with him, and he takes it upon himself to ring you if there is a problem. Something i have not gotten since John Munnelly's day.
    1 month it took before they even look at my sub then making a balls of it not good in my opinion
    Lad, it's not as clear cut as calling it a balls because it takes some time. Abbeyleix is not the main station. All applications go to Portlaoise. So if the FO is away, on other duties, or even on the ball it still has to go to Portlaoise and wait again. Then if the Garda in Portlaoise is on holidays (which she is just back from) then there is going to be another delay. However this morning shows they are getting back on track.

• Advertisement

Ye hopefully he will be in abbeyleix tomorrow and can fix things...maybe he can switch the details on one of the certificates to mine?Thats the easiest way id say

Give him a shout tomorrow and have a chat. If he can sort it he will.

Thanks will let you know 2moro

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

I left in a sub for a shotgun 4 months ago rang last week to find out what the f€€k was goin on to find out it never went on system and it must b lost had to make a whole new application..f.o in my local station sound but it goes to super in different town and that's where it goes tits up... Hopefully have it soon...the whole system needs a major over haul if u ask me there left hand don't no what the right hand is doing.

Ye system is a load of bollox it u ask me.

If ur tradin should be done in the shop

Air guns should not be counted as pistols and rifles

Licence should be more than a piece of paper

Much faster

Guidelines to restricted and non restricted guns

Etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

1shot,
    Excuse my ignorance as I don't know your situation but it seems like an awful tiresome riggeramole to get a license on a .22
    Why couldn't you just apply for the license yourself in the first place?

FO told me my guardian also had to be licensed if i was getting a air rifle/rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

1shot16 wrote: »
    FO told me my guardian also had to be licensed if i was getting a air rifle/rifle.

Thats not true if you are 16 or over. You would just need their permission.

Ye i know but they can make da rules.rang dis mornin sed hed ring back 7PM and nothin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They cant make the rules up, he is the fo not the super it has nothing to do with him. I have also been told things not just from fo's but from much higher ranking members saying i can#t apply for a restricted firearm etc.. im not going to go into it but i knew the law as it stands and had no problem with the person actually issuing the licence nicest man i have met. dont take wha they say for gosple.

Ye should of just sent mine in originally.

Near 9 still nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I wouldn't be waiting too eagerly on that call, you won't hear anything this side of the weekend at this stage.

:(

May bring da mother with me...that will suffice for the next week haha gun is a bit heavy for her ;)

Advertisement