Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pram?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

HI,

Hope everyone is well today.

Just looking for some advice. Have started looking at prams systems and soooo many to chose from I getting pretty confused. Quite taken with the Silver Cross 3D Pram System but would prefer a straight across handlbar rather than the two handle grip that it has, also would like a lighter colour alto the dark prob is more practical??

Has anyone bought this or another pram?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have bought the Quinny Buzz 4 travel system, Haven't had the baby to road test it yet but have been playing with it and so far seems very user friendly!

It comes in so many colours that you'd be sure to find one you like.

I think it cost us a little over 700 sterling, but that included the car seat and isofix base and should be the only pram/buggy we need until the child is walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

We got the quinny as well, and now have the baby to road test it. So far, no complaints, I find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

+1 for the quinny buzz, very simple to use and if you have a car the car seats are the best ones imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 WWC

HI,

Thanks a mil for all your replies...will get googling on the Quinny, it looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

I would definitely recommend having a look at the Icandy Peach. Great pram and takes a maxi cosi carseat on the frame so you can still have the best carseat without having to buy the Quinny. Advantages would definitely be the carrycot which folds flat for storage and is lighter than the Dreami carrycot. I would definitely advise against buying from an English website at the end of the day if it breaks you have to pay to get it send for repair and they are not required to supply you with a replacement while you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

We have bought the Quinny Buzz 4 travel system, Haven't had the baby to road test it yet but have been playing with it and so far seems very user friendly!

It comes in so many colours that you'd be sure to find one you like.

I think it cost us a little over 700 sterling, but that included the car seat and isofix base and should be the only pram/buggy we need until the child is walking!

Haha, that's what I said! Three buggies later and I still haven't found my preference!! A light stroller is great for bunging in and out of the car!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't like the quinnys for many many reasons.
    The icandys are lovely but expensive.
    I have a maxi cosi mura 4 and love it,baby girl is 10 nearly 11 months old and it is the best hting we ever bought.
    I also love my baba sling,the maxi cosi is brilliant but a bit heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

have bebe confort loola up travel system love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

a cheap and cheerful one. everyone gets sick of the big prams and gets a nice light umbrella buggy as soon as baby is old enough (around 6 months). a lot of people i know waste a lot of money this way.

im sick of telling people this and they dont listen, then do exactly this.

just my experiences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

a cheap and cheerful one. everyone gets sick of the big prams and gets a nice light umbrella buggy as soon as baby is old enough (around 6 months). a lot of people i know waste a lot of money this way.

im sick of telling people this and they dont listen, then do exactly this.

just my experiences :)
    I wouldn't call getting a good pram wasting money, epsecially for when the baby is really young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Hi All,
    Have a super little guy who is 23 months old, he will be having a little brother late January / early Feb..
    We have the Quinny from number one, but need to buy a pram that will do them both from Feb onwards.
    Don't want a side by side, so a front and back type, that folds easily (an preferably be brought on planes !)....
    What recommendations please ?????
    I'm away a few nights a week, and herself, although she has a car, likes to walk to toddler groups/ town etc, which is about a 15 min walk each day.

Would like to buy it soon, but will wait for Jan sales (if they apply to pram's ??)...

Any help much appreciated !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

phasers wrote: »
    I wouldn't call getting a good pram wasting money, epsecially for when the baby is really young.

i didnt say get a bad or dangerous pram. i said cheap and cheerful.

there are plenty of good prams that dont cost a fortune for example when i was expecting my youngest i got his pram half price because it was "last seasons colours"

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Hi All,
    Have a super little guy who is 23 months old, he will be having a little brother late January / early Feb..
    We have the Quinny from number one, but need to buy a pram that will do them both from Feb onwards.
    Don't want a side by side, so a front and back type, that folds easily (an preferably be brought on planes !)....
    I'm away a few nights a week, and herself, although she has a car, likes to walk to toddler groups/ town etc, which is about a 15 min walk each day.

Would like to buy it soon, but will wait for Jan sales (if they apply to pram's ??)...

Any help much appreciated !!smile.gif

Anyone any thoughts on the double pram ?????

ghosttown wrote: »
    Hi All,

Would like to buy it soon, but will wait for Jan sales (if they apply to pram's ??).

Any help much appreciated !!smile.gif

Anyone any thoughts on the double pram ?????

I'd definitely recommend a Phil & Teds sport. The advantage would definitely be that you can easily switch between a single or double buggy with the double kit. your getting 2 buggies for the price of 1 although some people dont like the look of them it will definitely last you longer than any other double on the market as it will return to a single buggy when the toddler grows out of it. Eurobaby tend to do some good offers on them even out of sale time when your getting a few pieces together. Most Nursery shop will have sales in January anyway.

i didnt say get a bad or dangerous pram. i said cheap and cheerful.

there are plenty of good prams that dont cost a fortune for example when i was expecting my youngest i got his pram half price because it was "last seasons colours"

That is true you can get some nice prams for a discount if they are last seasons colours or the colours will soon be changing. Most manufactorers will change their colours yearly so theres always bargins to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 miamiamia

We have just bought the Bugaboo Cameleon, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

+1 for the Bugaboo Cameleon;)

Was having a browse over the Nursery websites earlier for bargains Eurobaby seem to have a new website and a load of sale offers at the moment. Some really good ones there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey,

My son has the Mothercare MyChoice, it is costly enough but it does from birth until 3 and a half, not really compact but very comfy and safe. It can also take the MaxiCosi infant car seat!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey,

My son has the Mothercare MyChoice, it is costly enough but it does from birth until 3 and a half, not really compact but very comfy and safe. It can also take the MaxiCosi infant car seat!

Its a nice pram I have to say seen a few around. Personally I still prefer the likes of the quinny Buzz or a silvercross 3D which would be quite a resonable price. The 3D is reasonable obviously not the Quinny although there are some good bargains out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Its a nice pram I have to say seen a few around. Personally I still prefer the likes of the quinny Buzz or a silvercross 3D which would be quite a resonable price. The 3D is reasonable obviously not the Quinny although there are some good bargains out there at the moment.

The MyChoice is actually made by Quinny! It is big and comfortable, but it is bulky to say the least. Yes there are some amazing deals around, I am getting my fella his Maclaren to go in and out of Dublin City because they are falling in price the whole time!

The Neo Nato Multisport or Synchro sport are definitely also worth having a look at. As far as I know they come as a complete set carseat changing bag & the rest. From what I can see they are quite easy to use along with being good value too. Colours are also nice!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The Neo Nato Multisport or Synchro sport are definitely also worth having a look at. As far as I know they come as a complete set carseat changing bag & the rest. From what I can see they are quite easy to use along with being good value too. Colours are also nice!:D

Neo Nato Zeta is also one to look at. Comes with Carrycot, car seat, rain cover, changing bag and pushchair. Had one for a while. Pushchair a bit bulky though, way bulkier than a McLaren pushchair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    The MyChoice is actually made by Quinny! It is big and comfortable, but it is bulky to say the least. Yes there are some amazing deals around, I am getting my fella his Maclaren to go in and out of Dublin City because they are falling in price the whole time!

I didn't really like the mychoice,
    I also didn't realise maxi cosi made it.

The petit zia system is worth looking at.

Yeh the my choice wouldnt be a favourite of mine. Liked the link the info is very interesting. Didnt think the safety 1st would do so well with buggy overloading. Just goes to show the most expensive are not always the best thats why I like the Nurse prams they dont cost that much but are nice and sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

We didn't bother getting a travel system because to be honest I think they're a bit mad price wise especially when you're only going to use the pram part for a small while.
    We bought the maxi cosi car seat and base for ds and then got the out and about nipper buggy. I adore the buggy. It's so light and I can't wait to get to use it next summer when we're by the beach.
    The only pain is that the car seat doesn't attach but it's not a huge problem with DS as he'd sleep anywhere.

Thats true some people arent into prams. The phil & Teds is a good walking buggy that can take the maxi cosi carseat aswell. You dont need a pram bit because they do a little cocoon. Advantage would be keep it and add on an extra seat for baby number two! At a later date of course. saves money especially in this recessionary time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Moomoo1

I was wondering, where can you get just a simple traditional pram (like they had them when we were young) where the baby lies flat facing you? Preferably one that's relatively cheap and folds up too. Or is that impossible?

Most things in stores seem to be those swanky combination thingys, quite heavy and very expensive (not to mention the fact many of them either don't become properly flat in the 'pram' phase, or don't become a proper seat in the 'buggy' phase), but it seems more straightforward (and cheaper) to get a pram and then just get a basic buggy.

• Advertisement

Have a look at silver cross prams.
    They were the type most of us were in as kids and have smaller modern buggies and prams these days and are still a great brand.

Advertisement