Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

colm_gti wrote: »
    Who were you? I was there too, done the 8am session and decided to hang around for the 10am session seeing as the sun was out and my legs weren't tired enough yet :P I was the one in black/red Hackney CC kit, done 108km on the track yesterday, I calculate that at about 228 laps...

Rode over to watch the Stamullen GP this afternoon, just missed all the rain

I was the one guy without winter tights :P Sundrive shorts and a white long sleeve top. Oh, and a sizeable beard as well. I wish I was fit enough to be able to do 4 hours on the track, well done :) were you the one on the Corima?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I was the one guy without winter tights :P Sundrive shorts and a white long sleeve top. Oh, and a sizeable beard as well. I wish I was fit enough to be able to do 4 hours on the track, well done :) were you the one on the Corima?

Trying to think back....what bike were you on?

No, that was Terry on the corima, I was on a Hoy, with most of the decals covered with black electrical tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Chickened out of the Tour of the Foothills this morning, opting to stay in bed instead of getting a soaking, also, over indulged a little last night, so had a good excuse.

Got out this evening for 46km with 559m climbing at 27.4kph.
    Was a cold spin despite the lovely sunshine, glad I hadn't put away the winter bib just yet.
    Delighted the weekend wasn't a complete washout.

https://www.strava.com/activities/284206006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

zindicato wrote: »
    110 kms today for SERC 3 peaks challenge horrible rainy windy weather, and really cold too .

I didn't think it was that cold, apart from the descent of Sé Elliot to Laragh where I had to pedal into the wind.
    The big peaks were steep though, last time I cycled over Slieve Maan I was about 17 on a granny ring on a mtb

The climb up the New Line from Woodenbridge was cruel too, but dry and in a canyon out of the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... done 108km on the track yesterday, I calculate that at about 228 laps...
    Fcukin hell! :eek: I take it you don't get bored easily?
    Neleven wrote: »
    Your cycles to (and from!) your cycles put me to shame. A voluntary detour after 320 kms or so? I'm lost for words - how do your legs keep going?
    After 200k or so, it's about mental stamina, not physical. You legs will keep on going once fed and watered but the head is a different matter. I could have kept on going but I had jokingly told Mrs WA at 5am not to expect me home before 10pm. I felt under a bit of pressure time wise so I had to cut out a lap of Howth and was still 5 mins late! I was in a much worse place earlier on in the ride in strong headwinds than I was at the end.

PS - my long spins are only in the ha'penny place compared to some of the Audax lads who don't post here or many others who don't use Strava. Some have covered over 500kms on a single ride.

• Advertisement

Says he that rides 320km in a day :pac:

Says he that rides 320km in a day :pac:
    Chalk/Cheese! :)

(331k ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

No, that was Terry on the corima, I was on a Hoy, with most of the decals covered with black electrical tape.

Red/White Ridley Oval :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Just getting back on the bike proper last couple of weeks, in the hope of doing the Maratona in the Dolomites early July, which a mate has signed me up to (against my will at present!)
    Did 68km Saturday, very windy on the way out, went from Clondalkin up by kingswood and down past Belgard Luas stop and onto Belgard Road, then on towards Ballinascorney Hill, struggled up that (summer 2013 I was flying up it, but back injuries from Christmas 2013 have seriously curtailed my cycling), took the left after the quarry, and up thru that little village (never know what its called!), then right thru Manor Kilbride and back out onto the Blessington Road, and onto Russborough House for a cup of tea and cake! Took basically reverse route home, tho didn't go back thru Manor Kilbride and that other village, turning instead at Brittas and back over Ballinascorney from there.
    Much fairer wind on the return! Was cold (I feel it more than most I think :) ) so Id shorts with some Skins underneath, a long sleeve top with my cycling top over it, and a windstopper gillet. Stayed that way all the way. Felt comfortable, not ever too warm or too cold.
    Averaged 23.5kmph I think. Happy enough with given the wind going out was a right hoor!
    Glad to be back doing that distance, felt it a bit today, more a little drained than anything. Hope to have a 100km spin under my belt end of this month or early May. Really need to hit the hills as the Maratona is full of climbing.
    Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

you may go faster in that ring but good my mind would go to s***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Up over Howth and back into the city today. Wind was pretty crap, but I was still surprised I only bumped into 6 other cyclists in and out. I'm sure one of them was Makikomi though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Impossible to get bored on track, there's so much going on. It's not how you think ;)

Colm_gti you're a tank! That's an insane amount of laps.
    As an aside, would an 86 be madness for the derney session do you think?

The Cycling Pianist I was there too, woman in Sundrive kit on a red Fuji. Hi *waves*

gadetra wrote: »
    As an aside, would an 86 be madness for the derney session do you think?

I wouldn't be an expert on the matter by any stretch of the imagination, this is only the beginning of my 2nd year of riding track, but my impression was that you use your race gear for dernys to get used to turning it at speed, so if you race on an 86 then use that.

I think I was on a 90 for derny (48*14) but dropped to an 86 (48*15) for the later session this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Deadly thanks. I race an 86, (48x15). I have a 14 I can use in case I don't survive! I have to use it someday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Gearsofwars

Nice recovery spin today in the sunshine!! after the soaking on 3 peaks on Sunday. Ashford-SallyGap-Laragh-Ashford 60km 912m and a nice cake & Coffee to finish with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Left the fixed gear at home and headed for the hills (relatively speaking) .

106km, 1630m around the hills of the monaghan and fermanagh border in slightly under the 4h mark.

Tired is not the word...

Really hoping I start to recover some form and fitness at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

56 km with 28 average

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

45.6km with 33.3kmph average. Good to see the speed start to come in the legs after a heavy few weeks of climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Summat like 264.2km with 2,279m at 32.1avg. Or something along those lines anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Plastik wrote: »
    Summat like 264.2km with 2,279m at 32.1avg. Or something along those lines anyway :)

Motorbike!?!

• Advertisement

Are you sure? :confused:

264km on a pan flat road averaging 32km/h would be seriously impressive nevermind 2,279m of climbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Sure enough. Cork, Newbridge, Blessington, Sally Gap, Bray.

https://www.strava.com/activities/285938638

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Short spin today after work. 22.7 avg 26.3. Averaged over 30 on a tough segment which I was happy with as I was pushing hard on it just for fun.

Are you sure? :confused:

264km on a pan flat road averaging 32km/h would be seriously impressive nevermind 2,279m of climbing!

Apologies for doubting you - that's seriously impressive! I'm lost for words! :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

OMG. This is for real.

Casque bas, Plastik!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lovely morning out there. Was heading up Vico Road as the sun came up. Lovely view out to sea

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Wow. That is so far beyond what I could do I'm not sure whether it's inspiring or depressing..Chapeau!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm18 wrote: »
    Wow. That is so far beyond what I could do I'm not sure whether it's inspiring or depressing..Chapeau!

Both in equal measures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

what CC is the bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Apologies for doubting you - that's seriously impressive! I'm lost for words! :cool::cool::cool:
    me too, thats some spin!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement