Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Alek wrote: »
    So extremely stupid, yet so compelling!

http://vimeo.com/117992272

Solid, 24 carat stupidity. What a galloping prick :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The only one who came off well was the cop, as for bike handling skills, the number of slips and collisions would indicate minimal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Video removed now, but can download for $3.00 from the film makers website, I guess I'll just have to take the comments here as a synopsis of what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

CramCycle wrote: »
    The only one who came off well was the cop, as for bike handling skills, the number of slips and collisions would indicate minimal.

Read this first and thought you meant 'came off' as in fell off the bike.

That cop was such a badass. :cool:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Read this first and thought you meant 'came off' as in fell off the bike.

That cop was such a badass. :cool:

And about the only reasonable one there.

He wasn't ticketing them, he wasn't harassing them. He was genuinely concerned that their stupidity would get them injured, badly.

A point backed up by the road rash and collisions for the rest of the video.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Nice long descent. Beauiful road. I'd really love to cycle this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Look in behind the scenes of the track worlds, lovely vid!:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

http://youtu.be/y2qG4ANCDbs

Interesting on board video from the west coast wheelers race in Loughrea last weekend, also features in an article on sticky bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

i didnt think you were allowed cameras on your bike during races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

sullzz wrote: »
    i didnt think you were allowed cameras on your bike during races

Mods should delete the video, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Mods should delete the video, obviously.

Maybe permission was given for Clarke to have it on his bike , I doubt fitscience would be silly enough to put it into the public domain if it was done against the rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

But, but it's ammo...ammo against us, against us all...

jinkypolly wrote: »
    But, but it's ammo...ammo against us, against us all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

whacker00 wrote: »
    Interesting on board video from the west coast wheelers race in Loughrea last weekend, also features in an article on sticky bottle

I love the sound track, brilliant. Nice with the vodka and chill out evening I'm enjoying :cool:

A bit long for most at 8 minutes and dirt jumping won't get much interest here but compelled to post this.

A temporary dirt jump track in Apotos, Santa Cruz, California that ended up lasting 15 years and becoming a pillar of the local mtb scene was recently demolished, but before it was lost forever, a team of guys shot this amazing video, anyone who looks back fondly on places they hung when they were younger that are no longer around will get the sentiment, with some great shots and music to boot.
    Some guys look gutted to see it gone.

Even if you have no interest in mountain biking/dirt jumpiping I'd recommend giving it a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

rizzodun wrote: »
    A bit long for most at 8 minutes and dirt jumping won't get much interest here but compelled to post this.

A temporary dirt jump track in Apotos, Santa Cruz, California that ended up lasting 15 years and becoming a pillar of the local mtb scene was recently demolished, but before it was lost forever, a team of guys shot this amazing video, anyone who looks back fondly on places they hung when they were younger that are no longer around will get the sentiment, with some great shots and music to boot.
    Some guys look gutted to see it gone.

Even if you have no interest in mountain biking/dirt jumpiping I'd recommend giving it a watch.

One of my favourite sections of strength in numbers even though I've no real interest in dirt jumping. Didn't know they'd demolished it, knew they'd tried a couple of times but a local developer had stepped in and bought it. Sad to hear they've destroyed it.

• Advertisement

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    One of my favourite sections of strength in numbers even though I've no real interest in dirt jumping. Didn't know they'd demolished it, knew they'd tried a couple of times but a local developer had stepped in and bought it. Sad to hear they've destroyed it.

There is a campaign online to find a new location to develop. Did you visit it Scrappy? Would love a pump track in Sligo, would help with my MTB skills and something to do if I only had an hour to kill on the bike. Dirt jumping is a different beast, but would love to give it a go even if to just learn to jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

There is a campaign online to find a new location to develop. Did you visit it Scrappy? Would love a pump track in Sligo, would help with my MTB skills and something to do if I only had an hour to kill on the bike. Dirt jumping is a different beast, but would love to give it a go even if to just learn to jump.

No I've never been to aptos, wouldn't have much of a dj interest but post office spawned some of the superstars of dj and you have to respect it for what it was even if it doesn't interest you. My mtb interest lies purely in downhill and enduro. Have tried the pump track in bike park Ireland and its a hell of a lot harder than it looks! If you want to practice jumps, get to bike park Ireland on the red run!

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    No I've never been to aptos, wouldn't have much of a dj interest but post office spawned some of the superstars of dj and you have to respect it for what it was even if it doesn't interest you. My mtb interest lies purely in downhill and enduro. Have tried the pump track in bike park Ireland and its a hell of a lot harder than it looks! If you want to practice jumps, get to bike park Ireland on the red run!

I'll keep that in mind, will have to wait to get something other than my lowly xc hardtail to tackle them first though, not sure it'd be up to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

I'll keep that in mind, will have to wait to get something other than my lowly xc hardtail to tackle them first though, not sure it'd be up to it!
    So long as you can get your saddle down reasonably low, it will be fine. Dirt jumping is to MTB as a game of catch in the garden is to 6 Nations rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Euro Fred

Could be a bit late to the party on this one but only found it recently.

A guy called Cosmo Catalano give's insight and analysis on races.

Well worth a watch

heres Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2015 as a taster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

love his vids.. discovered them last year and always look forward to the next one. awaiting his MSR vid. cmon cosmo

love his vids.. discovered them last year and always look forward to the next one. awaiting his MSR vid. cmon cosmo

no need to wait, here you go

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/03/how-the-race-was-won-2015-milan-san-remo/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Yeah, his one for Dan's LBL was great - kept highlighting Dan "just chilling" in the peleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Don't know if repost but anyway, wait for it....wait.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Fu<k.....Hurts just watching it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Crazy highlights of the Dwars door Vlaanderen 2015 in Belgium on Wednesday.

Even the MotorBikes had a hard time.

Gent-Wevelgem 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

This but of advice raises a giggle among her teammates..

'Get a saddle that makes your taco happy, not angry...'

:D

maybe unsurprisingly, it doesn't get included in the full text piece here http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/04/boels-dolmans-first-bike-race/

Stuff won't embed correctly from my device, here's the link...
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/OjsHHONGNCU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭nilhg

One of our lads found this, some footage of Paddy Flanagan making the decisive attack in the 1975 Ras Tailteann, and also some footage from a Health Race/RAS in the late 70's, Stephen Roche is wearing the yellow jersey but not sure if it's the one he won, plenty of discussion of the internal politics of Irish cycling at the time and concern about the lack of good juniors coming through.

Came across this promo video for a sportive I was thinking of doing (until I saw the cost :eek: )

Quite well done, in my opinion.

https://vimeo.com/124529456

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Came across this promo video for a sportive I was thinking of doing (until I saw the cost :eek: )

you'd swear it was a video for RAAM or something. terminator soundtrack and the mile counter of death.

£150? Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Not much, just me going down from Sally Gap towards Blessington the other day,

• Advertisement

ozzy jr wrote: »

Hand on the brake??? :eek:

ozzy jr wrote: »
    UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN: PURGE PURGE PURGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Is this now the "me descending a famous hill" video thread? ... Well here's mine...

https://youtu.be/jHL45P1w45g

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Is this now the "me descending a famous hill" video thread? ... Well here's mine...

https://youtu.be/jHL45P1w45g

Check out this Idiot :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Don't think that's the quickest line through that corner ;)

Don't think that's the quickest line through that corner ;)

I'd agree. It was the quickest line to the afterlife, as far as I can tell.

Poor chap underestimated the whole braking before the junction thing. If there had of been a car or truck using that end junction/road....

He won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Apologies to the Mod team if I messed up last night, for shame :(

This would probably work in Dundrum Shopping Centre.

Lunatic.

UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN: PURGE PURGE PURGE

Felt like I was your knob for the majority of this video :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Check out this Idiot :o

<snip>

Thought that road looked familiar to me, the SLOW followed by VERY SLOW markings confirmed it. My next thought was, this ain't going to end well approaching the junction at that speed. Lucky escape.:eek:

• Advertisement

Zyzz wrote: »
    Felt like I was your knob for the majority of this video :pac:
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Advertisement