Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

oh god the heat is unreal betsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah it cruel, id murder a cold beer right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Good for you pushki ;)

I can see me having to go down that route too. :(

Ya belfastmedic its not very nice at all but it has to be done and i do feel more in control about things. I didn't really have a clue beforehand and thought he could just take the baby off me and that scared the hell out of me. Now i know i have control and if he wants to have anything to do with her it will be on my terms.
    It is so much to take in esp when im this far along but its better to know now than after the baby comes. Have someone go with you too because its a lot to take in. :-) x
    lol betsie hopefully this time next month we can enjoy a bottle :-)

i hope so too pushki :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi all.

Im new to the August board, ive been reading between here and the september board.

My due date is Aug 30th, so 5 weeks from today :)

Im having a great pregnancy, although the heat is effecting me this weather. (I purchased a fan for my bed side locker on monday, well worth the €6.50 sleeping better at night as a result)

How is everyone keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hi all.

Im new to the August board, ive been reading between here and the september board.

My due date is Aug 30th, so 5 weeks from today :)

Im having a great pregnancy, although the heat is effecting me this weather. (I purchased a fan for my bed side locker on monday, well worth the €6.50 sleeping better at night as a result)

How is everyone keeping?

Welcome excited! Great idea about the fan, I have been tossing and turning in sweat the last week. Do you know what your having? is it your first?

hi tishandy,

no we've decided to keep it as a surprise :) Yes, it's out first baby :) What about yourself?

we are both so excited, hard to believe we can count the weeks on one hand now.

When is your due date?

The fan is a god send, boyfriend informed me that i should have invested in two. he thinks my body temp is too hot for him to be near haha

Hey welcome excited:-) you really are on the cusp of Aug/Sept. :-) i got one of those little fans a few months ago thinking id have no use for it but it has become my pregnancy must have, its esp.good for hot/ swollen feet :-) what hospital are you attending excited? Yey!! Another baba. To add to our list :-)
    How are you doing Tishandy?

hey welcome blood excited. that's a good idea about the fan,hope your keeping well other them the heat

• Advertisement

Hi pushkii :)

when is your due date?

im going to wexford. what about yourself?

im raging i didnt purchase one earlier!!

Is this your first baby?

I had major disaster earlier, went about doing perineal massage earlier. Used gloves and used the oil i got. It didn't feel very oily but i continued on thinking it was just the gloves. After finishing i put the lid back on what turned out to be rosewater !!!! I hope its not dangerous :O
    Excited- yes its my first baby a girl due 16th august im attending limerick . Its great you have had a smooth pregnancy so far how are you feeling these days :-)

I started the raspberry leaf tea today the man in the shop said i should have been taking it since 2nd trimester but i said id give it a go. It is not the nicest but ill give it a go anyways :-)

I'm still feeling great, bit tired but thats to be expected. wow the 16th wont be long coming around. have you decided on any names yet? are you on maternity leave yet? How are you feeling? lately ive started feeling movement down below (sorry if too much info) not painful or anything, i presume its the baby moving into position. have you experience this?

I know excited its coming around too quick! I started mat leave last week i worked until it was physically impossible , i thought i would crack up with the boredom of no work but im really enjoying my lazy time :-) about 3 weeks ago i had terrible pains in the side of bump and pressure down below , was going to the toilet literally every ten mins, i checked into admissions to see if everything was ok it was the baby lying at a very awkward angle. Im better now tho maybe your baby is in an awkward position or even dropping. If you are in any doubt about pains or pressure go to your Dr:-) when is your next hospital app?

pushkii wrote: »
    October- 3rd August, first baby!!

SSFG- 3rd August, first baby! * A girl!*

Betsie- 5th August, 1st baby *a girl!*

New Look- 9th August, C-section, 2nd and 3rd babies, 2 for the price of 1 !!:D

Rose- 9th August, first baby *a boy!*

Pushki- 16th August, first baby, *a girl!*

Kiniori- 18th August, third baby!

Gee_G -19th August, first baby!!

Tishandy- 20th August, C-section, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Laura- 28th August, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Belfastmedic, 29th August, first baby, *a boy!*:)

Excited_FTM , 30th August, first baby!!

Just added you in there Excited :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Excited. Its my second baby , a girl. Have you been nesting or are you over that now like me? I can barely get the motivation to wash the dishes;)

Pushki Im grand, baby is in weird position which is sometimes v uncomfortable, she is head up still:rolleyes: I swear its lucky I didnt live a hundred yrs ago dont think I'm lucky when it comes to giving birth.

Any sign of New Look? Hope shes ok.

Girls can you keep my nephew in your prayers today. He was born the day after I got pregnant , I always compare him to my little bump. He is nine months old and starts chemo today. He had two tumours removed and they start chemo on a condition that the doctors have never seen in Ireland its so rare. I dont know how my sis and bro in law are coping, they r coming home tmr and then back tues to Crumlin for radiotherapy.

Im not a bible basher but it cant do any harm to say a prayer I think.

ah tishandy, will def keep your poor little nephew in my and your family in my thoughts and prayers x please god all goes well x x

hope everyone is well today x

Tishandy i will say a prayer for your little nephew he sounds like a little fighter, it must be very tough on his parents and you. He is in good hands in crumlin hopefully the chemotherapy goes well. Poor little dote x

i had a horrible night sleep was tossing and turning all night with desparate pain in the side of my bump when i finally got to sleep i had nightmares that baby was ill. :-(

Tishandy itslucky you are getting the section as baby is still head up st least you don't have to worry about her position. Is it uncomfortable to carry her in that position?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aww tishandy so sorry to hear about your nephew, the poor little thing. Will be thinking about you and your family xxx

Excited FTM welcome to the group, nice to have another August mammy! :)

Slept well last night, feel so much better. And now only one week til D-day woo!

october glad you had a good sleep last night, when are you back at the hospital/gp again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Tishandy,

Will be thinking of your little nephew x

october glad you had a good sleep last night, when are you back at the hospital/gp again ?

Thanks betsie, I'm back on Thursday and they'll give me a sweep if I'm favourable. So I could be in action this time next week! Although trying not to get my hopes up, its hard though- I'm so not mentally prepared for going two weeks over if I do, don't know how I would cope!

What about you when are you back next?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Fingers crossed for your nephew Tishandy, kids are great fighters

thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family tishandy.

i'm not back down to the hospital until the 3rd week in august. they said last time baby was head down.

October wow only one week until your due date, you must be really excited :)

Hope everyone is having a good day, im having a lazy one!

Things are really shoving near. Can't believe the sweeps may start next week. Ive spent the afternoon in bed as im getting all the kicks in one side and they are really sore. Is anyone else feeling all the kicks in one side?

They only way i can describe the babys kicks, its kind of like a ripple effect accross my tummy. feeling movment down below also, maybe the baby is stretching. should love to be able to look in and see what is going on with the little one. I hope you have some relief soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hiya Excited, welcome! Yeah pushki I am getting load of kicks to my right hand side. I hope baby is not on the move again :/ I don't think it is though because I still have the pressure down low and what I can only describe as shooting pains down the ways.

Having a terrible day today. I ordered a dress for a friends daughter online because I have a paypal account. Well the dress arrived and it is a joke totally not what it is described as on-line. Basically I am being put under pressure now to sort it asap and get the money back. I am getting phone calls all day from them. Sometimes I think you get more thanks for being a wagon lol !

Anyone else very emotional? I sat on the loo twice today and bawled my eyes out. I think the poor kids think I have lost it. They are starting to play up on me too, it's amazing how they know I haven't the energy to put them to time out or give out to them. I am trying to explain Mammy is tired because the baby is getting big and is really heavy to carry around :)

I am going to have a better day tomorrow! Getting hair done in the morning and OH wants to go for a meal tomorrow night. I think he knows I am starting to struggle. 20 days and counting 27 at the most.

0ctober wrote: »
    Thanks betsie, I'm back on Thursday and they'll give me a sweep if I'm favourable. So I could be in action this time next week! Although trying not to get my hopes up, its hard though- I'm so not mentally prepared for going two weeks over if I do, don't know how I would cope!

What about you when are you back next?

im back at the hospital next thursday, they have said noting to me about a sweep, will just have to wait and see,

my mother came up on the bus to me today and we went for some lunch and had a chat, was grand she didnt stay too long, im wrecked after it though

kin I don't know how you manage it running around after 2 little ones as well, you're some woman!

Yeah pushkii my kicks are all on the right side, and can feel a little bum sticking out on the left. Cute! :)

Anyone anything nice planned for the weekend? It's so weird now thinking that this is one of our last weekends baby-free!

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea of the size of your baby excited?
    Kinori sounds like a rotten day you had, some people are just so ungrateful. I wouldn't blame you for being emotional it must be really tough looking after two little ones when you are pregnant, it will all be worth it x. And it sounds like a lovely relaxing day you have planned tomorrow :-) you sure deserve it.
    Betsie it is exhausting doing anything now even meeting up with and talking to people i hope you have a lovely weekend planned x

Advertisement