Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrant [FX] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

You'd think people would know what the brother of the President, who attempted a coup d'etat, would look like. I mean, they have twitter at least! Surely there's one picture floating about?

Sure non-Americans are a bit thick. Stick a head scarf on Damian Lewis or Anna Friel and they can walk around the Middle East without the locals spotting them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

basam is getting the hang of killing now, perhaps the Kurds should watch Tyrant to see how he'll defeat an Islamic Terror Army and a State Terror Army...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

basam is getting the hang of killing now, perhaps the Kurds should watch Tyrant to so how he'll defeat an Islamic Terror Army and a State Terror Army...
    i think the writers are hoping it all ends over there so they know how to finish the show ;)

another solid episode, so now one living person knows basam is basam, i wonder what shell do, i hope they dont do something stupid and kill her,

interesting turn of events with Ahmeds baby dying, i wonder how thats gonna effect him now that he cant have kids, and with a new brother arriving outta nowhere, and whos also just been made general of the army, im thinking his wife would wanna watch her back,

4 episodes to go, so hopefully things are gonna start picking up even more, the show doesnt seem to have slowed down at all this season, after a uneven start its just getting better and better,

he needs a saul goodman voicetube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I knew when that poor girl took a shine to Sammy, she wasn't long for this world!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭squonk

LOL, It was a brief and wonderful one-sided relationship :). Great episode again. I'm really surprised how strong this show has become. It's far better than it should be for a summer show. I really hope we see a third season of this show. It really deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

shinny wrote: »
    I knew when that poor girl took a shine to Sammy, she wasn't long for this world!!

Reminds me of an OFAH line
    If your watching an episode of Bonanza and Little Joe falls in love with a woman, you know she is going to die. The moment he starts stronging it with a sort you can guarantee that she is going to catch the fever, get trampled underfoot in a stampede or the Indians are gonna have her!

another brilliant episode, jesus did not see that coming at all, that plan backfired in a huge way for jamal, hes just gone off the reservation altogether now, itll be just him by himself in the palace by the end of the season,

its gonna be very interesting to see what happens with barrys assault next week, especially if the government fail to show up, will his rebel group take maan even without them,

it a real head scratcher that so few seem to watch this show, i mean its right up there with the last ship and mr robot this summer, its a different type of show but great viewing nonetheless, i was just looking at the hits the thread get and the amount of posts and its really far behind, the dark matter thread is just as if not more active and thats only on season 1, is it that people dont know the show exists or know that its so good or what, kinda strange,

Yeah it's mystifying that this thread hasn't more traffic than it does. I do think that Season 1 was a little lightweight and that might have prompted many to give up on the show. Season 2 so far though has been excellent. It's sad to see Jamal's mother die now also. Jamal is lucky that his missus wasn't up to pulling the trigger. There's so much going on now really. I wonder is that the last we've seen of James? I thought that was an interesting situation but it'd be a pity now if Barry's reappearance has swept that under the carpet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Some seriously dodgy CGI in that last episode.

• Advertisement

season 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

it was a pretty good season finale, but as a series finale not so much, i think killing jamal would be a great thing, throw barry into the deep end to run the country, and maybe over 3 or 4 season watch him be corrupted and end up just like his brother,

i hope gordan and raff have learned from some of their mistakes on Homeland and dont drag out story past their sell by date,

i wonder could they could make the al fayed's royalty and then have a prime minister like england have, where the royals are more symbolic than anything else, like theyd still serve a purpose but they wouldnt have a say in the overall running of the country,

i think FX found a season 2 renewal a hard call, it took a while, so id wonder about a 3rd season, i really hope it does get renewed, theres a lot more story in this show yet,

I really hope they renew at this point. I was actually sure there had to be a 13th. episode with the way Episode 12 concluded. The season has been strong and it really deserves a third season. My one real criticism is that they finished off the Caliphate a little easilly in the end. It was almost a bit like Star Trek vs. The Borg. Introduct a bit bad, undefeatable enemy who turn out to be not quite that hard to beat in the end. I can only imagine that Abu Omar will be back!

I didn't really see that ending coming. While it's tempting to want to put Barry in the hot seat, I think the real power of the show is Jamal and his weak leadership. He's really a pretty sad, kind of lost character and he needs Barry more than Barry needs him. While it's interesting to see Basrry as the guy who will do the right thing gradually getting corrupted, I've a feeling that he'd somehow manage to get on the right side of things. Jamal as the deposed brother though might be more interesting but I can't see Jamal going anytime soon.

Anyone else find it a bit silly that Barry, after the shooting, ran to Jamal's side shouting "I'm a doctor" and then proceeds to do nothing! :) I can only hope we see Season 3 and that Jamal does survive. The actor playing him is great and I think, overall, Jamal would be a bit loss to the show.

Now, FX, please, please renew!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have yet to watch the final episode of the second season (so have skipped a few posts!) but I have to say for a show I simply took a chance on a week or so ago this has been excellent. Literally only felt it meander once in episode 9 or 10 of the second season (I think) other then that it has been paced well and no filler.

I feel they are reaching the point where they will jump the shark alright, if they haven't already but the first season in particular was high quality tv and the second so far has almost matched it.

More people need to see this show

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I recorded Ep.10, watched it last night, and didn't want to wait another two weeks to see what happened - so I obtained the last two episodes by other means. I suppose they had to put a cliffhanger in there for the sake of Season 3 - which is on the way, in case anyone's wondering.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just finished watching season 2 this evening and in my mind the show has gone from a pretty lightweight Season 1 to a really fantastic season 2 and I am looking to forward to Season 3 now. The show never let up and it seemed to parallel real world events and show how things are never black and white. It was interesting to see that young American girl who was part of the Caliphate and her reasons for being there along with the how the character of Rashid switched over to them. Not sure how the show has gone down in the States.

I was really shocked at the end, I hope Jamal survives he would be a real loss to the show. I felt a bit sorry for him, everyone plotting against him, blowing up his own mother, battering his Uncle death with a mini oil rig, plotting to kill his long lost son. It isn't easy being a lunatic dictator. For me the star of the show this season has been Leila, at the beginning of the show I would have thought she was there to look nice but since then proven herself to be a real formidable lady. She is well able to look after herself, a real survivor, she was very well acted by Moran Atias.

Looking forward to Season 3 and seeing what direction the show goes in.

this is returning on July 6th, its very surprising how low key this show seems to be, especially after such a strong second season i would have thought they'd promote it more for season 3,

anyway looks like its gonna be good, should be interesting to see what the americans have planned now that basam is in power, id say the show is on a road to showing that basam is the actual tyrant in the show, and he just hasnt had the opportunity to show it just yet, and that jamal was just simple not prepared for the job in the first place,

Caught the opener last night. They really packed a lot in. Poor old Basam trying to do the right thing with his dignity commission but already it looks to be gong pear shaped.

I felt it's well telegraphed that Leila might take power after Basam steps down. What I really want to see though is Basam being forced into cancelling elections and holding onto power himself. I'm hoping the title of the show 'Tyrant' will actually refer to his journey from being a good man intent on helping his country to a ruthless tyrant. They've a way to go though so I'm not sure if that'll happen.

Still a great show and I'm delighted to see Jamal has woken up. He really makes the show I think. He's the perfect mix of baddie and sympathetic underdog.

I really like that arc, the tragic hero. Making choices for good in his head that only lead to bad and in turn cause him to make more choices that make matters worse until he has become that which he despised.

Plenty of time for it to happen, and a plausible play out of this story.

You do get the sense though that the show runners did not expect to be here so plenty of room for improvisation at this stage, enjoyed the opening episode of the season, hoping it keeps up its standards from the previous seasons, but for that I think we do need Jamal involved in some way, a great character.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Can't believe there isn't reaction to the latest episode in here so far. Not many of you guys must be watching which is a real pity as you're missing out on a great show!

I was so impressed with where they went with the latest episode. I'm sorry that Jamal is no more. He was a great character and I'll miss him. It's like the writers are clearing decks and retooling for a harder edged show.

Poor Emma! God that was horrific and I really did not expect that ending. It went against the usual tv hostage trope which made it shocking, plus it wasn't really telegraphed. Ahab Rashid is one nasty MF and his end will be great viewing whenever it comes. I think they're definitely moving Bassam towards the good guy becoming tyrant route as it is going to be impossible for him not to be irrevocably altered by the events this week.

My god (or By Allah :)) this is a cracking show. No filler at all and you find that every episode delivers. It should be getting the kind of thread action that The Flash gets but, sadly, it never does and I even think the public at large are kind of unaware of it. Shame but it's nice having quality under the radar too!

Another great episode this eek and a big ramp up in the tone also. It's getting very dark now. The last minutes of this episode were very moving. Also, yet another great plot twist regarding Jamal's son. I feel a bit disturbed after it all at this stage. That's the sign of a great show. Mind you if it keeps up the current tone it could become the show I love to hate watching. This really is an under the radar gem.

only just caught up with this, been mad busy, this season has been great so far, killing emma was a complete shock, i just didnt see it coming,

but i suppose something really drastic had to happen to barry, i said it in season one that the show was called Tyrant, but the tyrant wasnt jamal, that it was actually barry,

jamal was just his father successor cause he was first born, but i think even his father regretted not putting in the effort to have barry rather than jamal succeed him, barry was the better leader, he could see a situation and see 10 ways out of it, unlike jamal, who would just shoot his way out,

i think that showed with the army in the latest episode, barry is actually in control, but hes only just about keeping it together at this point, i think we might see him making a very big decision by the end of the season that the barry we knew in season 1 wouldn't have done in a million years, the bombing a few episodes ago had a very negative fall out, but it was the right thing to do, but to really push home that barry is the tyrant i think hes gonna have to do something much worse,

Shaping up more a Shakespearean tragedy as it goes along alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've watched all of season 2 and half of season 3 in the last week. More people should be watching this show.

Mr E wrote: »
    I've watched all of season 2 and half of season 3 in the last week. More people should be watching this show.
    Loved Season 1, Season 2 not so much, Ive not watched the last couple of episode after it has basically turned into a soap opera. Great potential screwed by the poor writing and mishandling of the bad guys. No way this is going to get another season.

I'm an episode behind but I don't think he's there yet. It's happening though. He's losing those around him he's closest to, Emma and nod Molly. I suspect the son is next in that list. I watched two episodes in a row last night and it was hard going. A lot happens in an episode. If say next season will see him go full Saddam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Come back when you've watched the latest. :)

Advertisement