Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ladies find beards attractive?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Poll? I need to need to know if i should shave and don't have the time to count all the yes/no replies in here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I really hate beards... a little bit of stubble is ok, but anymore is a turn-off :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Depends on the lad's face. Some look grand with a well kept beard, while others look ridiculous or homeless. Jason Statham (Transporter I and II films) with short hair and a 2-day beard looks particularly sexy to me indeed! The only problem being that such a beard would feel like sandpaper when kissed, and...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

i like beards, they can look good and they eliminate stubble rash, ouch!

Yes.

They are teh sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Just watched the film The Notebook. And Ryan Gosling looked 10 times sexier with the beard :eek:

Oh me knees :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

DCC160 wrote: »
    Just watched the film The Notebook. And Ryan Gosling looked 10 times sexier with the beard :eek:

Oh me knees :D

God, you'd have you to wouldn't you! The dirty ride. :D

Anyway, yes I like close cropped and well kept beards. If a guy can carry it off then they're sexy as hell. Like the rugged look myself. Hairy manly men ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nasher

Beards are like marmite ya either love them or hate them!! I personally love them, they make a guy look manly n kinda rough. I hate try hard guys..beards give the impression to me of a laid back kewl sort of person. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I remember reading a survey in Men's Health way back.....Something like 8/10 women prefer a clean shaven man, but 9/10 (in the same survey) prefer Brad Pitt with a good bit of stubble. :)

Personally, I look....odd without a decent bit of beard. I've been told I look too feminine without one.

Plus whenever I do shave it all off (about once a year) my face is always so cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

I think a nice trimmed beard is very attractive on a man.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I like stubble, really like stubble/beards the length of Georges in the first post, once they're past the rough stage they can be lovely and soft, but I'm not a fan of the huge beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

DCC160 wrote: »

Ryan Gosling is seriously such a babe, just in general.

A bitta stubble is niiiice, the whole rough and ready look is very appealing!
    Doesn't suit everyone though, especially when it crops up being ginger. No harm in giving it a shot though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I absolutely hate when my boyfriend is stubbly, gives me really bad beard rash! However I think when it gets past the stubbly stage it isn't quite so rash-inducing. I've never been with a guy with a beard (as opposed to stubble) but I think some of them can look quite nice, as long as they're looked after well. If it looks manky as if there might be bits of food stuck in it, it would be a definite no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I like them generally, but they don't suit everyone. Johnny Depp does it best ( as always)
    Johnny_Depp_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i wouldnt really be a beard fan but i havent been with anyone with a beard so cant say from experience.
    only thing i can think is that it would be scratchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i wouldnt really be a beard fan but i havent been with anyone with a beard so cant say from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I really dont like beards..I like a little stubble to look at, but to kiss..nooo..irritate my chin :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I LOVE stubble. My boyfriend recently grew a beard and surprisingly, I adored it. He shaved it, but I'm making him grow it back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Well, I have nothing against beards. It's actually quite soft ... the most difficult phase is when you start growing it...It will be scratchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

grr beards, yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Not a beard fan myself but something about stuble at times can be good on man, you know....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Mmmmm bearded men.

Advertisement