Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ladies find beards attractive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

beards_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Ok Ladies if a man/your man went to the trouble of growing and nurturing one of these baby's you're not gonna tell him to get rid, taht would be just mean. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Being in possession of a beard, not dissimilar to mr clooney above(in beard stylee alone I'm afraid), women seem to divide into two camps, love it or hate it. That said I had an ex that hated it and was always at me to remove same. I resisted. :) Once I shaved it and she didn't even notice! When I pointed it out she was happy enough but then didn't mind when it grew back. I suspect it was more a control thing with that particular wan.:D Then again, after we went our separate ways her next two blokes had them so.....

The length is a biggy. Once it goes beyond a certain length bread rash is a lot less an issue. Depends on the woman too. Some are more sensitive than others.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Short ouchy stubble, hate it.
    Long wirey messy ungroomed beards, hate them too.
    Always found just a mustash to be werid also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

Yessssssssss those Tyrone players were v. sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Passenger wrote: »
    beards_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Ok Ladies if a man/your man went to the trouble of growing and nurturing one of these baby's you're not gonna tell him to get rid, taht would be just mean. :D

Bagsies Mr. Bottom Right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Manties wrote: »
    Firstly why is there a pic of a bloke fisting his own arsehole ?

Secondly, Brothers... Use conditioner on your beard, it helps alot.
    Dude why can I not thank you??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

lol

the guy abusing himself is Evil Jared Hasselhoff (his actual name):
    1499943165_5e03ed438c.jpg?v=0

i have straight gay love for his facial hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

^^^^^ He's quite hawt looking all right but the double sqirrel look is still not a good look....

Tache??? Yuk, never!!! Rofl, I'm just thinking Polish builder anno 1991....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Really not a fan of beards at all, they're a massive turn off actually. Some mild facial hair is fine and can give the wearer a lovely laid back I'm-to-cool-to-care-like-me-or-leave-me look but a full-on face mop is just bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I LOVE a beard of the Clooney persuasion, but not a long one.

Especially not if its dirty, contains crumbs, is wiry, is nicotine stained, and if its gelled into topiary shapes, forget it!

George is pretty pretty with or without, and I prefer with. Actually it doesn't matter as long as he whispers to me in that voice...

• Advertisement

My beard always turns ginger *sobs*

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My beard always turns ginger *sobs*

Mine too, which is one of the reasons I'll never have one. It might be ok if I had ginger hair, but it looks stupid when my hair's dark brown. The longest i've ever gone without shaving is a week, and I hated the feel of it. A day or two of stubble is fine, but I've a very fast growth and any longer than that and it starts to become uncomfortable. Not a fan of facial hair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Muttonchops all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I think about 6 weeks is the longest I ahve gone without shaving

I am a naturally lazy creature so when the point comes that I actually have to start maintaining my facial hair I generally just shave, I figure if i am going to ahve to put effort in I may as well just shave

Besides I don't think it suits me much and makes me look a lot older

Zaph wrote: »
    Mine too, which is one of the reasons I'll never have one. It might be ok if I had ginger hair, but it looks stupid when my hair's dark brown. The longest i've ever gone without shaving is a week, and I hated the feel of it. A day or two of stubble is fine, but I've a very fast growth and any longer than that and it starts to become uncomfortable. Not a fan of facial hair at all.

I like having a beard, it keeps my face warm, but I just couldn't put up with the ginge. I might have to shave or shorten my locks too they are getting a bit rusty. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I like having a beard, it keeps my face warm, but I just couldn't put up with the ginge. (

Hair / beard dye? :D

Sorry I'll leave now :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

they look quite nice sometimes but they itch! so no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SMG123

I wouldnt find a beard attractive - but a day or two's stubble can look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Personally, I HATE beards. I think they make men look messy and lazy and or like a hobo no matter how well kept they are. I also don't like the way they feel on my face. I imagine kissing a guy with a beard feels the same way as giving head to a woman. It's not my thing at all. I prefer clean shaven. And everyone who's kissed someone with any length of stubble (and even a beard) knows that it's like kissing different grains of sand paper. It can rub your chin and cheeks raw and can even create pimples that wouldn't have been there without the facial hair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Depends on the bloke imo, some blokes look fantastic with beards :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Beards all the way! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

<3 the stubble tbh, beards like sexy clooneys in that picture are perfect.
    My oh looks silly and soo young without his beard, BEARDS FTW I say!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I'm not a fan of beards at all. I don't even like stubble all that much either!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

loooove beards like that pic of clooney! my hubby has one quiet similar and i absolutely adore it on him..i hate it when he shaves he just doesnt look the same at all!! He even kept the stuble for our wedding day..but then again it all depends on the man. It mite not suit others as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Nothing Is sexier on a guy than a beard!I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If I could grow a beard I would in a second. Curse my lack of body hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If it suits you, it looks sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Beards are quite hot - my OH couldn't believe I was watching the All-Ireland with such close attention!

BUT you'd only consider going near them once they'd passed the stubble-ouch-sweet-jaysus-ya-almost-tore-my-face-off! stage. Once they get soft then they're pretty sexxxaaayyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Much prefer beards/stubble over cleanshaven. Cleanshaven = boring IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Kotick wrote: »
    I imagine kissing a guy with a beard feels the same way as giving head to a woman.

:eek: jebus that's some imagination you have there, I preferred the sand paper image.

Personally, I love beards, they add a bit of character

_A0T3339.jpg
    Ryan Dunn rhymes with yum:p

Advertisement