Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have never asked anyone out! :o
    I think it's good if a group of people are going to something, you can ask the person you like along without the pressure of asking them on 'a date.'

So, Krudler... *ahem* you going to this tapas night? :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Posy wrote: »
    I think it's good if a group of people are going to something, you can ask the person you like along without the pressure of asking them on 'a date.'

I can see how that would feel easier but would it not be confusing?
    IMO there would have to be a bit of the person you asked wondering " so does she want to be friends or to go on a date"
    That could just lead to so much confusion, I guess it would depend on the way you ask?

I was kind of figuring you'd see how the evening goes in terms of making things clearer! Or after a couple of drinks ask if they'd like to go somewhere else 'just the two of us?' :eek:
    I'd just be too chicken to ask someone directly! I'm pathetic! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I may be :) working the Saturday so if I make it up it'll be to the after dinner drinks, havent been to a boards beers in forever, always seem to be working them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I'd just be too chicken to ask someone directly!

And I would be too chicken to ask your way!!!!!
    I would automatically assume "ok he said yes, must mean he wants to be friends":( and probably never take it further!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

careymary wrote: »
    I never really understood the idea that women couldnt/ shouldnt do the asking out.
    Its scary as hell but a bit of an adrenaline buzz,

just think of it this way, if he's going to say no then he was never going to ask you out anyway, so whats there to lose? I dont think I know a single guy that would say no just because the girl did the asking, we like being asked after years of doing the asking and you've been rejected a few times its great for a girl to take the first step, it takes the danger of being friend zoned away for at least one date lol

Bah, as well as having arthritis in my knees and carpal tunnel in my wrist, my shoulder is really painful the last couple of days and keeps clicking/popping.
    I'm a feckin' wreck!! :rolleyes:

Right, I am going to sleeps now. I'll try and drink plenty of milk tomorrow for the auld bones! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Oh I have.....and it's worked extremely well to my advantage and in an other case mortifying that I actually left the bar. :eek:

The extremelely well one, was a mutual friend. Was out for the night, we had talked a bit before, but that was all. Kissed one night, he took my number, I his, very shy lad. I just got fed up, and asked him directly and we went out for over a year. Young romance :P

bad experience. was after a few drinks too many in college bar few years back. My friend and I had been talking how girls should be able to ask guys out directly, and of course all this dutch courage building up. Saw a nice looking guy, announced to my friend, I was going put our belief to practice and I marched up to him, tipsy, and asked him right in front of his four very good looking friends to which he looked at me and said.............eh no :eek:

I have never exited a bar so quickly nor touched wine since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Happy Birthday Acoshla!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Happy Birthday Acoshla :D cake?? tumblr_lhantf29TW1qc4gc2o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

funny-pictures-birthday-cat-can-count.jpg

I have.....and it's worked extremely well to my advantage and in an other case mortifying that I actually left the bar. :eek:
    I suppose you have to risk the bad to get the good! :)

Happy birthday Acoshla!
    Morning Loungers!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Let there be cake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Happy birthday, Acoshla :)

Funny-Birthday-Wishes-For-Friends.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Happy Birthday Acoshla, welcome to your late 20's!! Tis great fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Thanks you guys :)

Ironically I'm working on other people's birthday cakes today, polished off my own one last night :)

Hope Ivy comes back soon just for a minute to update us on baby Pancake/Ash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    Thanks you guys :)

Ironically I'm working on other people's birthday cakes today, polished off my own one last night :)

Hope Ivy comes back soon just for a minute to update us on baby Pancake/Ash!

Oh no no no, pancake and panache are now non-runners. We need a new name for baby :) I think she should call him Acoshla if he's born today :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh no no no, pancake and panache are now non-runners. We need a new name for baby :) I think she should call him Acoshla if he's born today :)

She was induced on Tuesday (am I right?) so she should definitely have him by now...hopefully, two days would be cruel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Hurdy Burday Acoshla!!
    (guess who was youtube-ing the Swedish Chef!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Happy Birthday, Acoshla! I don't like cake, so you're getting one made out of cheese from me:

chur.jpg

• Advertisement

Didn't Ivy say she would be in the clinc for five days or something...gonna sound stalkerish but I think she has been away for three days today.

God I hope everything went well, what with all our baby chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Happy birthday Acoshla, I hope you have a great day. :)

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Acoshla! I don't like cake, so you're getting one made out of cheese from me

I love cheese too, thank you! It won't open the pic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Didn't Ivy say she would be in the clinc for five days or something...gonna sound stalkerish but I think she has been away for three days today.

God I hope everything went well, what with all our baby chat.

Yeah, she said something about that alright, and that there'd be no internet access :(

yay! happy birthday acoshla!!!
    is someone making you cake for a change :D

i was going to say if i were in the clinic having a baby i wouldnt be posting on boards but eh... im not so sure :D:D :pac:

Bluewolf yep a boardsie made me cake :) I never make myself cakes really because I'm sick of mine, lovely to have someone else make it.

A lot of people with internet on their phone (and living abroad) pop online quickly a few times after a baby's born to let people know, my uncle was texting and emailing photos about an hour after their 4th baby was born, it was great as when the rest of their kids were born facebook/phone cameras weren't as useful and we had to wait for him to get home from hospital, sleep, etc to send us a photo from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Happy birthday Acoshla!! :D

I hope you have a brilliant day! (or weekend seeing as you're working on your birthday)

I love cheese too, thank you! It won't open the pic though :(

It's embedded, you should be able to see it? Anyway, you can probably smell it from Galway; it's a delicious, stinky, blue piece of gorgeousness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Happy birthday Acoshla :)

Damn, I'm tired today. Ever have so much work to do that you end up too overwhelmed to do anything? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Happy Birthday! :D

Sis just told me she's bringing me to the Ireland/Italy match on Saturday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Birthday Wishes Acoshla!!!

On the phone now so cannot post the now obligatory cake pic but will do so later......:D

Have a wonderful day xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Happy Birthday Acoshla!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Happy birthday Acoshla!

Packing for holidays. :) have my entire wardrobe thrown all over the bed and a worried looking boyfriend cos we're sharing a ryanair case and so far I have left him room for about 3 t shirts

• Advertisement

Holy crap I think we have a false widow spider in my back garden...totally lost my cool my practically running screaming from the compost bin.

Can anyone tell me if I can put a picture on boards that it only on my computer and not on a flicker account or anything...need to get this thing ID so I can sleep tonight.

Yet another idiotic manager who doesn't understand Outlook is trying to blame me for missing a meeting this morning.

Him: But I sent you a new time proposal for that meeting!

Me: *checks* No you didn't

Him: I did!

Me: You didn't, I've checked.

He sends stinky email to my manager, obviously not realising I also have access to my manager's inbox.

I do a bit more digging. He changed the time in his own calendar, which sends another standard acceptance notification to me. He then assumes that A) this will generate a new time proposed notification, or that B) I open and check every single meeting acceptance I receive to make sure they haven't been f*cked up somehow.

:mad:, :mad: and thrice :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Click on 'Manage Attachments' when you're replying, then you can upload a pic directly to boards. Also... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Yet another idiotic manager who doesn't understand Outlook is trying to blame me for missing a meeting this morning.

Him: But I sent you a new time proposal for that meeting!

Me: *checks* No you didn't

Him: I did!

Me: You didn't, I've checked.

He sends stinky email to my manager, obviously not realising I also have access to my manager's inbox.

I do a bit more digging. He changed the time in his own calendar, which sends another standard acceptance notification to me. He then assumes that A) this will generate a new time proposed notification, or that B) I open and check every single meeting acceptance I receive to make sure they haven't been f*cked up somehow.

:mad:, :mad: and thrice :mad:

That's ridiculous! If you explained to your manager would they understand?
    These people should have to do courses in Microsoft outlook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ACOSHLA! :DHope you have a really great day!

• Advertisement

Holy crap I think we have a false widow spider in my back garden...totally lost my cool my practically running screaming from the compost bin.

Can anyone tell me if I can put a picture on boards that it only on my computer and not on a flicker account or anything...need to get this thing ID so I can sleep tonight.

Eeeww, I hate spiders
    To put up a photo from the computer use the little paperclip picture on the reply option

So I have to move house now...I'm bad enough with spiders in the first place but now I have an actual poisonous one in my garden :eek::eek:

So I have to move house now...I'm bad enough with spiders in the first place but now I have an actual poisonous one in my garden :eek::eek:

........what??? There's poisonous spiders in Ireland?? In Bray?????

bubblefett wrote: »
    ........what??? There's poisonous spiders in Ireland?? In Bray?????

Yeah the false widow is poisonous..if a bite was left untreated it could kill you...starts to kill the tissue or something.

They are known to be in Wicklow and have been spotted in Dublin as well.

Waiting on a confirmation but it does look like one.

False widow2.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:eek:,must be the wee fella I set loose last week,tell him I said hi! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday Acoshla - hope you have an awesome day :D

Rainbow-cake.jpg
    pampootie wrote: »
    Happy birthday Acoshla!

Packing for holidays. :) have my entire wardrobe thrown all over the bed and a worried looking boyfriend cos we're sharing a ryanair case and so far I have left him room for about 3 t shirts
    Heh my boyfriend and I are going to London next week and the other night he told me I am responsible for any extra baggage damage (fee's) when we are returning home.

I mentioned visiting Primark on Oxford Street, he looked at me and said "That's ain't happening" :pac:

I'll persuade him yet :pac: :D

Just took the butter and eggs out of the fridge to make buns and buttercream icing, looked in one egg box and find five eggs missing. :( Have to buy more this evening now :(

Yeah the false widow is poisonous..if a bite was left untreated it could kill you...starts to kill the tissue or something.

Just read about a guy in the UK a few days ago who collapsed and they realised he had 10 bites from one of them!
    Happy Birthday Acoshla - hope you have an awesome day :D

I mentioned visiting Primark on Oxford Street, he looked at me and said "That's ain't happening" :pac:

I'll persuade him yet :pac:(

Thanks! I love that Primark, but it's a bit terrifyingly busy and messy!

Waiting on a confirmation but it does look like one.

False widow2.JPG

Oh god, I actually feel ill and dizzy thinking about that. How big was it? I wish I hadn't looked up more about it online. Gahhh, I hate hate hate spiders. Find it and kill it ophiopogon!!

Just read about a guy in the UK a few days ago who collapsed and they realised he had 10 bites from one of them!

*bubblefett passes out*

bubblefett wrote: »
    Oh god, I actually feel ill and dizzy thinking about that. How big was it? I wish I hadn't looked up more about it online. Gahhh, I hate hate hate spiders. Find it and kill it ophiopogon!!

Well it was in the compost bin and when I saw it I threw the lid away so when it can't see it now. Also the neighbors cat got in the compost bin after so now I've to go and tell them to keep an eye on the cat.

I'm just have a cup a tea and then I'll have to go look for it :( wouldn't normally kill a spider but just in case I'll have to do something.

I wish I could get over my fear of spiders, it's so embarrassing how I react to them somethimes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement