Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie and ****ing Fitch

• 01-11-2012 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

What's the big obsession with A&f clothes? Every second dickhead seems to be wearing their clothes. It used to be a D4 thing now it has spread like wildfire. Was listening to the radio earlier and they mentioned A&F opened a new store in Dublin this morning and people were queuing up for hours. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They're definitely not **** or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Don't get it myself, I've been in the stores in the states and they do have a load of good looking young wans working there to be fair to them. Their aftershave is nice though, I've bought it a few times, mind you they're charging €92 for 100ml of the stuff. I paid $50 for the same size a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Was listening to the radio earlier and they mentioned A&F opened a new store in Dublin this morning and people were queuing up for hours. :rolleyes:

Maybe they are looking for jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Don't worry OP, it's just fashion. In six months people will have forgotten about it, and instead will be wearing tricorne hats and chainmail or some such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

What a bunch of fooking morons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Every second dickhead seems to be wearing their clothes.

What are the rest of the dickheads wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Do they make tracksuits? Hopefully not, would be nice to dilute out the tracksuits round town....

A warm welcome to you Abercrombie and Whatever! (if you don't make tracksuits).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Queuing up for hours to be afforded the opportunity to spend your money on over-priced and frankly boring clothing????!!!!!!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP STAND IN THE FREEZING COLD????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Anyone that queues up to get into a shop has no self respect. Its one thing if its a couple of days before xmas and you need to get a certain present but this was just gimpish behaviour. Just as bad as the gimps that queue up for apple products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I would love to punch every single person in that video. Everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Who are the 2 goons waving in that video??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do they make tracksuits? Hopefully not, would be nice to dilute out the tracksuits round town....

A warm welcome to you Abercrombie and Whatever! (if you don't make tracksuits).

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/17/article-2026937-0D764B1200000578-67_468x681.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

smash wrote: »

What are the rest of the dickheads wearing?

Hollister?

xzanti wrote: »

Hired goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hired goons

damn you Anonoboy

I don't know but by the way they were waving it seems they have some sort of mental disability. Gobshites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I've a few hoodies that I bought in America, most comfortable ones I own. Wouldn't pay the prices over here, and I doubt I'd fit it their jeans!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

one of them seems to be some sort of human Ken doll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If people are stupid enough to queue up in the cold to buy overpriced tracksuits, there should be someone smart enough to take the money off them.

woodoo wrote: »
    Maybe they are looking for jobs.
    Didn't he die a while ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

its a new phenomenon now in dublin wanting to be american..
    have you not heard dublin girls speak with american accents now :o

its an epidemic and its gettin fookin worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

New kids on the block had a bunch of hits
    Chinese food makes me sick
    And I think it's fly when girls stop by for the
    Summer, for the summer
    I like girls that wear abercrombie and fitch
    I'd take her if I had one wish
    But she's been gone since that summer,
    Since that summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What a bunch of f*cking d*ckheads the state of everyone in that video makes me wanna vom and the two ar*eholes waving who the fcuk are they grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

What's the big obsession with A&f clothes? Every second dickhead seems to be wearing their clothes. It used to be a D4 thing now it has spread like wildfire. Was listening to the radio earlier and they mentioned A&F opened a new store in Dublin this morning and people were queuing up for hours. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Didn't hear they were opening in Dublin. A & F have some lovely perfume fragrances :) , hopefully they will sell in-store so stop me having to purchase online.

I would love to introduce my hurl to that gimp in the red jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

mauzo wrote: »
    I've a few hoodies that I bought in America, most comfortable ones I own. Wouldn't pay the prices over here, and I doubt I'd fit it their jeans!!!

People go on about their hoodies, whats the story? What makes them so comfortable. They look a bit narrow for the length of them and they only seem to come in rotten colours.

I would love to introduce my hurl to that gimp in the red jack.

To be fair the lad is getting paid well to stand around showing off his pecs (or abs or gluts or whatever they are called these days).

Can't argue with a man making a living even if he's doing it in a shop for tools.

It's the fools queuing up to go into the place that I'm laughing at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ah lads, a bit harsh here
    Abercrombie and Fitch deserve some respect for paying that gimp Pauly D from Jersey Shore not to wear their clothes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

lots of umalumpas and bad hair cuts in that place :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

oh my god who queues to go into a clothes shop seriously.
    the size of that line, it'd be packed inside, why wouldnt you just wait til later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

risteard7 wrote: »
    its a new phenomenon now in dublin wanting to be american..
    have you not heard dublin girls speak with american accents now :o

its an epidemic and its gettin fookin worse
    Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    What a bunch of f*cking d*ckheads the state of everyone in that video makes me wanna vom and the two ar*eholes waving who the fcuk are they grrr

:(

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    People go on about their hoodies, whats the story? What makes them so comfortable. They look a bit narrow for the length of them and they only seem to come in rotten colours.

It says Abercrombie on the front and smells so damn good. Nothing else matters!

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Why has your man got no top on him, the fool in winter. Must be hard up for a few euro. Standing there like a plank. That's one of the most cringe worthy things I've ever viewed.

On another note I do have an abercrombie and fitch hoody. They are very high quality and warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Patchy~ wrote: »
    oh my god who queues to go into a clothes shop seriously.
    the size of that line, it'd be packed inside, why wouldnt you just wait til later!

Or if you really need A&F clothes that badly, just buy online.

Seriously overpriced clothes btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

They have some weird staff hiring practices, they sack people for putting on weight. There was a lawsuit in the States taken out by a girl who lost her job at A&F because she lost her arm in an accident. It's not that she couldn't function in her job it's that she no longer looked the part.

Whenever I'm state-side my first port of call shopping wise is American Eagle, similar looking clothing but great value and without the pretension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    To be fair the lad is getting paid well to stand around showing off his pecs (or abs or gluts or whatever they are called these days).

Can't argue with a man making a living even if he's doing it in a shop for tools.

It's the fools queuing up to go into the place that I'm laughing at.

I agree. Have to admire someone who achieves that kind of physique. Obviously he's loving the attention but we're the ones sitting at our computers with our beer guts moaning about it.

The reason this video is so cringey is because the A&F style is dated. Their sales have been depleting in the US which is why they're opening stores overseas. It's all about the more 'hipster' trends now, which are a far cry from this sports/douchey/high-school look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Martyn1989 wrote: »

I don't know what it is, they are really thick, long sleeves, huge hoods....I love them. NOthing to do with the brand, they are just comfortable.

I have a turquoise one and a navy one, some colours are crazy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I'm 62 years old. This is great news. Abercrombie & Fitch is the best.
    I own 200 shares in A&F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Some people will rant at anything. It's just a clothes shop and people like it, especially considering it used to be much more difficult to get Abercrombie clothes.

Personally I like some of their stuff like a few pairs of jeans and hoodies, and at least now it'll make it way easier to get a hold of a bottle of aftershave when I run out.

Queuing for it though, feck that shít.

sink wrote: »
    Whenever I'm state-side my first port of call shopping wise is American Eagle, similar looking clothing but great value and without the pretension.

I've a couple of great glow in the dark boxers from there :D

• Advertisement

we're the ones sitting at our computers with our beer guts .

Speak for yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Cill94

Anyone who is willing to spend €40 on a t shirt is a bit of a materialistic eejit in my book. But people actually queuing in the cold for hours, just to be the 1st in the country to do it?

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

For the record, I hate them as a brand, but, their hoodies are bloody comfortable. Plus theyre creating 300 jobs and will boost footfall in the area. So fvck it, if you don't like it, don't go there. Plus they've restored the building beautifully.

sink wrote: »
    They have some weird staff hiring practices, they sack people for putting on weight. There was a lawsuit in the States taken out by a girl who lost her job at A&F because she lost her arm in an accident. It's not that she couldn't function in her job it's that she no longer looked the part.

They have some terrible ethics. Were sued hard a few years ago too for having absolutely no minorities hired, having only white models also. They were also only hiring people under the age of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I got bored halfway through (how can you engage with a concept so ludicrous as a man trying to sell clothes wearing so little?) and made up my own story.

This then became the final scene in a modern, gender-swapped remake of 80s hit Mannequin.

Dowdy sales assistant Jane Switcher (Selena Gomez) leads a boring life. Single and with no friends, she confides in one person: a male mannequin! (Zac Efron)

But one night when she's left alone to stocktake, the mannequin is struck by lightning and comes to life!

Now, she must hide her new man from her boss (Stanley Tucci) while also trying to stop an evil property developer (Bryan Cranston) from turning the vintage boutique into a parking lot!

In the end, not only do they manage to save the boutique, but she and Manny fall in love (even though, hilariously, she could never convince him to wear anything under his jacket, as he only used to model jackets!) and somehow end up running it together, with everyone in the neighbourhood showing up on their re-opening day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

MarkMc wrote: »
    For the record, I hate them as a brand, but, their hoodies are bloody comfortable. Plus theyre creating 300 jobs and will boost footfall in the area. So fvck it, if you don't like it, don't go there. Plus they've restored the building beautifully.

Their hoodies are brilliant and they're really durable. I'm wearing one right now that's over 4 years old, and I still can't bring myself to throw it out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wanted to post the exact same thing when i saw the video.

Really... What.. My head is hurting. Who are they?

American Ireland. It is a hell i want no part of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

It's bullying with fashion.

MarkMc wrote: »

I just have an issue with a corporation who hire not on merit and ability, but looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

kincsem wrote: »
    It's bullying with fashion.

This is the most retarded thing iv read all night. Hats off to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement