Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looks like the Remy injury isn't too serious. I didn't mind him missing out today ideally he plays next week but I'll be sick if he misses the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    It's hard to know. He's supposed to have done well the last day. I'm not a Liverpool fan so don't know the ins and outs but it'd be worth checking out. He'll get a goal from a corner if he plays.

Liverpool have 2 goals from corners this season in the league by my count: Skrtel v Arsenal which was a Lallana corner, and Shelvey o.g. v Swansea

I wouldn't bet much on Liverpool goals from corners. And Lovren is muck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    Did Sakho not pull his hamstring? I was half thinking of Lovren but maybe I'm wrong about Sakho.

Edit - He tweaked it alright but like he'll miss just the FA Cup match.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-miss-wembley-9010839

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blow-liverpool-fc-scan-shows-9028370

3-4 weeks. Tomorrow will be a good scouting to see if I want Moreno for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blow-liverpool-fc-scan-shows-9028370

3-4 weeks. Tomorrow will be a good scouting to see if I want Moreno for the DGW

I watch every Liverpool game i can. Wouldn't be surprised to see Moreno dropped, he's been nothing short of a disaster lately

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Ozil to Fabregas ft. GW33

Eriksen to Hendo ft. Gw34
    Coleman to Moreno -4 Gw34
    Giroud to Sturridge. -4. Gw34

Gives me Hendo,Moreno, Sturridge,Ivan,Hazard and Fab for Dgw players.

On review is a -8 to give me 6dgw players too much of a risk?
    Questions now over Moreno and Sturridge possibly injured/not fit etc...

I could switch to 3-5-2 with Hendo,MIGs and Ibe, leaving out Sturridge altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

dahat wrote: »
    On review is a -8 to give me 6dgw players too much of a risk?
    Questions now over Moreno and Sturridge possibly injured/not fit etc...

I could switch to 3-5-2 with Hendo,MIGs and Ibe, leaving out Sturridge altogether

I'd probably wait till Pool play tonight before making any decisions. I'll be keeping a close eye on Moreno anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd probably wait till Pool play tonight before making any decisions. I'll be keeping a close eye on Moreno anyway.

Likely my Pool dgw players will be Mignolet and Hendo.
    Sturridge not fit rules him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can anyone suggest any changes to my potential DGW team? If Sturridge is defo out, I'll probably bring in Hendo instead. Cheers.

Heaton (or Panti)
    Terry (x2) Alderweireld Dawson
    Sterling (x2) Hazard (x2) Fabregas (x2) Silva
    Sturridge (x2) Aguero Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest any changes to my potential DGW team? If Sturridge is defo out, I'll probably bring in Hendo instead. Cheers.

Heaton (or Panti)
    Terry (x2) Alderweireld Dawson
    Sterling (x2) Hazard (x2) Fabregas (x2) Silva
    Sturridge (x2) Aguero Murray

If you have the option I would prefer to have a different Liverpool player than sturridge seems he is far from likely to get 180 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

jimmii wrote: »
    If you have the option I would prefer to have a different Liverpool player than sturridge seems he is far from likely to get 180 minutes.

Yeah I'll have to see closer to the time. Who would you suggest otherwise? Henderson or Couthino and play a 3-5-2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My double game week looking like

Ming x2
    Moreno x2 alderweild lescott (not sure)
    Hazardx2 Oscarx2 hendox2 fellani
    Rooney aguero Kane

Schulp
    Wolly (either of these could start)
    Ki sung yung
    Myhill

That's with out majoring any transfer in the lead up too that week!! Any one any better ideas? Another Chelsea player maybe? Or swap ki sung yung for a hull player? If so who??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My double game week looking like

Ming x2
    Moreno x2 alderweild lescott (not sure)
    Hazardx2 Oscarx2 hendox2 fellani
    Rooney aguero Kane

Schulp
    Wolly (either of these could start)
    Ki sung yung
    Myhill

That's with out majoring any transfer in the lead up too that week!! Any one any better ideas? Another Chelsea player maybe? Or swap ki sung yung for a hull player? If so who??

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 0-0 draw in the Chelsea-Utd game. I think Mourinho will set his team out ultra-defensively, especially now that he's somewhat short of options up front. If you have the funds available I'd be tempted to bring in one of Terry or Ivanovic. Cahill/Zouma may share gametime. Likewise with Dave/Luis.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll have to see closer to the time. Who would you suggest otherwise? Henderson or Couthino and play a 3-5-2?

Henderson looks good value. Countinho is class but I think he may well be one of those players whose FPL performance doesn't reflect their real life performance unless he gets more game time upfront like the other day! Skrtel, Sterling, Henderson is something I am considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of taking an 8 point hit over the next two weeks to allow me to field the following for the dgw:

Mig
    Terry Ivan Schlupp
    Hazard Sterling Henderson Silva Bolasie
    Vardy Aguero

I could get Fabregas instead of Ivan but I don't think he'll outscore any of those 5 mids over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of taking an 8 point hit over the next two weeks to allow me to field the following for the dgw:

Mig
    Terry Ivan Schlupp
    Hazard Sterling Henderson Silva Bolasie
    Vardy Aguero

I could get Fabregas instead of Ivan but I don't think he'll outscore any of those 5 mids over the next few weeks.

I'm most likely going Ivan over Cesc as well, current plan is to double up on Sterling and Henderson since Sterling could score hat tricks if he's up front. Only big decision up in the air is Clyne to Skrtel for a -4, I'm thinking it's not worth it in the long run unless Clyne is "rested" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is Schlupp worth getting if you don't have
    him already? Leicester have 1 CS in about 12 and are going all out attack. Schlupp average ppg over the last 10 is 1.8.

Apart from Chelsea their next 4 are not bad Swans h, Burnley a, Sunderland h but those battles with fellow strugglers are more likely to be high scoring affairs.

Plus the likes of Wolly and Bertrand have good gw34 fixtures and could easily outscore Schlupps two game score.

The worry is that the DGW31 voodoo will strike again and he'll get a CS and a goal to boot.

FHFC wrote: »
    Is Schlupp worth getting if you don't have
    him already? Leicester have 1 CS in about 12 and are going all out attack. Schlupp average ppg over the last 10 is 1.8.

Apart from Chelsea their next 4 are not bad Swans h, Burnley a, Sunderland h but those battles with fellow strugglers are more likely to be high scoring affairs.

Plus the likes of Wolly and Bertrand have good gw34 fixtures and could easily outscore Schlupps two game score.

The worry is that the DGW31 voodoo will strike again and he'll get a CS and a goal to boot.

I have Schmeichel and am hopeful of a couple cleanies over the next few weeks. Problem with Schlupp is that you don't know what formation Pearson will play or if he's absolutely nailed. I would go Morgan if I wanted a Leicester defender.

I have Schmeichel and am hopeful of a couple cleanies over the next few weeks. Problem with Schlupp is that you don't know what formation Pearson will play or if he's absolutely nailed. I would go Morgan if I wanted a Leicester defender.

I have Migs, Terry, Wolly (Sun, h) and Bertrand (Spurs, h) as GW34 defence already.

FHFC wrote: »
    I have Migs, Terry, Wolly (Sun, h) and Bertrand (Spurs, h) as GW34 defence already.

Schlupp/Morgan could come in handy GW35 against Newcastle and 38 against QPR when Stoke and Soton have toughish fixtures. Don't think I'd waste -4 on it

• Advertisement

Schlupp/Morgan could come in handy GW35 against Newcastle and 38 against QPR when Stoke and Soton have toughish fixtures. Don't think I'd waste -4 on it

My 4th def is PVA who is home to Saints in 35 and would do.

Seriously considering letting Naughton rot on my bench for another 2 weeks at least as my 4 other defs are not bad for that period.

Rotating Terry, Wolly, Berty and PVAey over the next three weeks gives these games (home games in caps).
    GW33 MNU, SOT, sto
    GW34 TOT, SUN, ars/Lei
    GW35 SOT, sun, CPL

I can save that transfer to maximise my GW33 and 34 attacking options (Cambiasso tempting me currently) and possibly get an Arsenal def in for Naughton after 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Won't have a problem fielding 11 this week, so I'm looking at Cresswell -> Moreno this week.

Then one of my Southampton defenders -> Terry and Heaton -> Ospina the week after. Should set me up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    Won't have a problem fielding 11 this week, so I'm looking at Cresswell -> Moreno this week.

Then one of my Southampton defenders -> Terry and Heaton -> Ospina the week after. Should set me up nicely

Do you only have 1FT this week? If so, why not just bank and make that transfer next week...never know which of your players might get injured this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So after 33 who else has dgw's coming up?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So after 33 who else has dgw's coming up?

34: Pool, Chelsea, Leicester & Hull
    37: Sunderland & Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Do you only have 1FT this week? If so, why not just bank and make that transfer next week...never know which of your players might get injured this week.

I had the two free transfers so felt it best to use it instead of lose it :)

Advertisement