Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline - Closed Beta - General Discussion

Options
  • 09-06-2014 8:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The sign-ups are open now. Just signed up myself & am currently downloading. Not sure when it's playable! Get cracking lads!

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah seems to be, hopefully it was just an early leak & they plan to announce it during the E3 Conference. I got in myself :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Page just worked for me. Told me about the free things I was given for the sign up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm confirmed as in, downloading the game now.

I believe the beta is actually live now ready to go :O

*Seemingly will take a bit to show up in "My Games" due to the fact the world just went onto Origins haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Odd, I didn't get a link or any email. It showed a download option, then forwarded on to the reward page. Can you send me on the link to download, since my account is already permitted access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

In and downloading :)

You need to login with origin and download it there.

Not on my Origin yet. Time to refresh repeatedly and make it worse for everyone else.

What confirmation email did guys get? Mine seems to be messed up now & says its available at 8Pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I think the page might be getting slightly DDOS'd at the moment but you can register your interest. They'll email if you get into the beta itself.

You get a BF4 dogtag next month for signing up.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    What confirmation email did guys get? Mine seems to be messed up now & says its available at 8Pm tomorrow

Got an email from Origins saying it was added to my account, its like the email you get if you ever bought anything via origins

EDIT* Just got another email with a serial number, you add that and game appears

• Advertisement

Ehh Download done and installing.

Already.

From Origin.

Somethings wrong isnt it? :(

Hmm says my serial number is in use, must auto append to account. Gonna come back alter see if anything ready to go.

Watching the stream at the moment, looks excellent

Ah ok, I got the first one saying I 'bought' it but haven't received the second one yet

Ravenid wrote: »
    Ehh Download done and installing.

Already.

From Origin.

Somethings wrong isnt it? :(

Thankfully the download system is completely separate from the account parts, but it's the account part that's buckling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Ah ok, I got the first one saying I 'bought' it but haven't received the second one yet

Same as

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Been waiting for an email for 10 minutes now..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

From the Battlefield twitter account

Signup for the Battlefield Hardline beta is experiencing issues due to high demand. We are aware of this and working on a solution.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/476098773081669632

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

OMFG!!!!! EA CANT EVEN DO A CLOSED BETA DURING E3!!!! THAT MILLIONS WILL TRY AND LOG ON TO PLAY!!!!!

Got in just waiting on email :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

So I've got the first email saying I have the game, and to check my games tab in origin to download.

However my games tab has nothing in it :(

Yeah dont expect to get in anytime soon.
    EA's servers are being hit so hard even their forums aren't loading right now.

There's a reason no one has launched a Beta during their E3 Conference before.........

• Advertisement

Looking at the Battlelog for it & 90% of the servers are empty

Edit: If someone get's in playing be sure to let the rest of us scroungers know :P

2nd Edit: Downloading now, be done in hours. I need new internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Think there is still about 26% availability through PS4 (the beta tile is under Battlefield 4). Downloading mine now, 6GB. Will post some impressions if I get a chance to play it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Does everyone who signs get to participate? Ive been waiting about 90 minutes with no email....

Downloading now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

In and downloaded, will play v soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Still waiting on email :(

First Impressions - I know it's early days but this is not for me , reminds me of something I played from a group of independents about 5 years ago . I'll give it some more time from both me and them but I'm probably negative going into it as it's less BF more CSS .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Benzino wrote: »
    Still waiting on email :(

I was waiting for 30 minutes if not more. Was told to reset PS4 by one of the lads here, and low and behold, I could start downloading via the Battlefield menu in the XMB on the PS4. Try that.

edit - just checked there, still haven't received the email, but am downloading it right now nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I was waiting for 30 minutes if not more. Was told to reset PS4 by one of the lads here, and low and behold, I could start downloading via the Battlefield menu in the XMB on the PS4. Try that.

edit - just checked there, still haven't received the email, but am downloading it right now nonetheless.

Cheers, but I don't have BF4 on the PS4 or PC unfortunately, just going to have to wait it out :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had a lash of BFHardline just now, it's a Counter Strike mod for BF4 essentially (which I'm sure we all figured anyway), but that's how it plays too. Will have to have a proper look at it tomorrow when it's not time for bed.

Advertisement