Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

All I ate was cumin. Then a fry later on. You veggie Extra? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Vegan vegetable lasagne
    35753_1551680470722_1196435771_1531823_5436088_n.jpg
    And vegan jam doughnuts :D 24 of them, all eaten within 20 minutes! Best fresh :)
    36209_1551677470647_1196435771_1531815_83848_n.jpg
    36478_1551677550649_1196435771_1531816_2947059_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Those doughnuts look exciting!

For the past three days I've had sweet potato and kidney bean soup. You can't see the beans, they're hiding at the bottom.

A85A06F12C0042ABB1BA50A19495E603-500.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oooh that soup sounds good!

Sweet potato soup is the king of all soups.

Because it's really hard to mess up :P

• Advertisement

Ye must look into trying that, and anything with beans in it is win..mmmmm

I love sweet potato in lorma...think Ill make korma tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I have a blender you can borrow.

parsnips in soup is the nicest.

thanks -_- If you lend me an ear I can teach you how to make the soup.

Parsnips?! I wouldn't know I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

You can have the deaf one.
    And I know how to make soup! How can you not, you just cook stuff and blend it.

yes coz they're sweet.

but I like the other one more. I know my ears /perfect ears

Dont think you cook stuff then blend it. Show me yer trick.

I must make the best soup so. haw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm going to make stuffed courgettes tonight.
    Cook some quorn mince with onions, peppers. Scoop out a few courgettes, chop them up into the mince, put the cooked mixture into the courgettes...sprinkle over some crumbled feta and bake in the oven for 20 minutes!

I look forward to a photo kellief!

Donnie - I can now compare to the elegant Glasgow meal above! Was at Zilli Green, a vegetarian restaurant in London today, which has a vegan head chef.

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)
    38465_1555637529646_1196435771_1542198_4004367_n.jpg
    And lemon and fruit cake for dessert with the remains of a delicious "Zillicious" cocktail (both vegan)
    37594_1555637689650_1196435771_1542199_7514470_n.jpg
    What a meal! Not cheap at all, but worth it!!

Garlic cheese chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I look forward to a photo kellief!

Donnie - I can now compare to the elegant Glasgow meal above! Was at Zilli Green, a vegetarian restaurant in London today, which has a vegan head chef.

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)
    38465_1555637529646_1196435771_1542198_4004367_n.jpg
    And lemon and fruit cake for dessert with the remains of a delicious "Zillicious" cocktail (both vegan)
    37594_1555637689650_1196435771_1542199_7514470_n.jpg
    What a meal! Not cheap at all, but worth it!!

omg wow, there should be more vegan restaurants, that food looks fabulous!

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)!

Was there a distinctive flavour from the truffle oil? It was probably that what made it so expensive! I've heard it's delicious.

Quite a slap up meal indeed, that dessert looks like a tower, must've been hard to eat without it falling over!

Dunno about the oil but truffle ain't so great for a so called delicacy!

I've never tried either, unless they were truffles of a chocolate variety. I'm not sure if my curiosity would ever get the better of me to the point of paying to try them though! Maybe when I'm really rich and stuff.

not the chocolate ones, they are great,the ones French people train pigs to smell out heh and cost like a grand for any decent amount. Certainly the most expensive thing I'll ever eat, but it helps when your friends are rich. Wouldn't buy anything like that for me. It was an odd taste anyway, I hear men are supposed to like them more too, but that could just be hogwash heh heh

Ah, sorry, I don't know if I could tell the difference. I was starving and though it looking nice, I focused on the eating. I never eat truffle or truffle oil, and it's been years since I had pasta with mushroom and a creamy sauce that I couldn't tell the difference. It did taste distinct :) All the mains were about £8 or £10 and this was on the pricey side... I would say it is the real thing because the restaurant owner is famous in the cookery world and so I'd expect it (Aldo Zilli).

Oh, and that dessert tower - it held it's own! I kept taking side pieces, but eventually I feared its collapse may cause a mess, so I pushed it over myself :D

Today I ate at Tibits, a place which Mark Hamill was telling us about here. Its a buffet, so you take what you want. I loved the onion rings - best part!
    38435_1556691075984_1196435771_1544505_6880827_n.jpg
    I must add some of this to the Pictures and Places thread when I am finished my trip to London...

Menu looks good in that place, the curry sounds nice, it'd want to be for £9.90 though! There's actually an even more expensive veggie place in Edinburgh called David Bann. I never went, but lingered outside reading the menu a few times. It was an interesting menu.

That's quite a plate you've got there, lots of things. Haven't had an onion ring in years...

Yes, more pictures, food pictures are almost like eating... almost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Was at a pub near Earls Court in London yesterday that looked like ever other typical london pub and expected the standard pub food offerings which it was but was surprised to find they offered a veggie version of nearly everything on the menu [including veggie fish and chips which was battered halloumi cheese and chips]..made a nice change to actually have to think about what to order rather then just going "whatever the one veggie option is please"

I love that about Britain, having quorn and everything in pubs, B&B's etc. It's so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

. Haven't had an onion ring in years...

Lidl - get them frozen in a packet. Even says suitable for vegans on! yummmm

HOLD THE PHONE! Lidl it is!!!

Edit: Lidl has 10% off everything today (22nd) to celebrate 10 years in Ireland; all the more reason to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Win for dinner in work! Went over to the girls who cook all the food up in our catering unit and told them it was really hard for me to eat there as I usually only had the option of eating beans and chips or some carrots. They told me to tell them when I'm in and they will either get a ready meal or make sure they have a veggie option for me! Delighted! They made stuffed baked potatoes for me today! Pets!

I had mac and cheese (Ready meal) before I started too. I was delighted to be able to eat something substantial before and during work.

Good to hear :) Great that they are so helpful. Yey!

flikflak wrote: »
    Lidl - get them frozen in a packet. Even says suitable for vegans on! yummmm
    Just so everyone can see... Thank you flikflak!!! :D
    121169.png121170.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Just so everyone can see... Thank you flikflak!!! :D

I am going to kidnap you and make you cook for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

No problem guys! They are my guilty pleasure in a warm baguette with lashings of ketchup. I figure when you are eating healthy fresh stuff 90% of the time you deserve an indulgence!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Made myself a bit of a curry last night!

curry.jpg

I used some Korma paste, with chick peas, onions, garlic, a green pepper, green beans, tomatoes, coconut milk.

Served with some basmati rice, roasted flaked almond, coriander and chili. Delish :)

Advertisement