Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Thurs 22nd

Options
  • 21-07-2010 3:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

10% off everything in Lidl on Thursday. I presume that includes alcohol.

Also some localised specials at half price - these in my store are customer returns such as 135 piece tool kit, targa monitor, notebook, satnav system - and have a full warranty. My local store also has half price fruit & veg for a few days.
    This is to celebrate Lidl being 10 years in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

won't surprise me if the shelf price of alot of items is 10% higher than normal, meaning you don't save anything (especially with the booze)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

won't surprise me if the shelf price of alot of items is 10% higher than normal, meaning you don't save anything (especially with the booze)

why have they done that before?? Come on its lidl..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Hondo75 wrote: »
    why have they done that before?? Come on its lidl..

Yea when have the Germans ever screwed people over before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

snubbleste wrote: »
    10% off everything in Lidl on Thursday. I presume that includes alcohol.

Also some localised specials at half price - these in my store are customer returns such as 135 piece tool kit, targa monitor, notebook, satnav system - and have a full warranty. My local store also has half price fruit & veg for a few days.
    This is to celebrate Lidl being 10 years in Ireland

Thanks for the info, must have a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I can see the relevance of your nick. You'd still be saving 1%, so smile! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Actually now that you said that i did pick up an item the other day and noticed it was dearer than usual.. I took no notice until now ans calculated it to be exactly 10% dearer :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was there early today, nothing was increased. There was a real festival atmosphere and the 10% was applied off the receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I need to pop to Lidl and pick up coffee..

.. but not arsed in wading through crowds of people who are saving 5c on a packet of digestives today! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

basquille wrote: »
    I need to pop to Lidl and pick up coffee..

.. but not arsed in wading through crowds of people who are saving 5c on a packet of digestives today! :pac:

Ah go on go on go on. you never know, someday you might be telling everyone that you bumped into her as she was reaching for the highest tin on the evaporated milk pile and that your eyes met..

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ah go on go on go on. you never know, someday you might be telling everyone that you bumped into her as she was reaching for the highest tin on the evaporated milk pile and that your eyes met..
    Let's get things straight - if she's buying evaporated milk, she ain't gonna be no mother to my children!

(and yes, I am aware that's a double-negative!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

(and yes, I am aware that's a double-negative!)

come on, evaporated milk make the best desserts in the world !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Murilloinf wrote: »
    come on, evaporated milk make the best desserts in the world !

Condensed FTW!

I'd be wary of customer returns unless they can guarantee they are complete. I've seen people come back in with the main item and no accessories and the store took it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know of a laptop or desktop half price anywhere (south east preferably)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

Picked up a Targa 320GB HDD/DVD recorder in the Galway Headford Road store this morning for €90. Marked down from €319 – although this was probably the original 2007 price. These are refurbished Customer returns but still great bargain for a hard disc recorder with such a big capacity. Plays divx too, and has hdmi output. They had plenty of them there this morning.

Also stocked up on the half price fruit and veg while I was there (and I won a nice box of chocolates on the wheel spin on the way out :))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anyone know of a laptop or desktop half price anywhere (south east preferably)

Genius!

Was in my local Lidl over lunch... suprisingly not that busy!

When 6pm rolls around however..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Was in my local Lidl over lunch... suprisingly not that busy!

When 6pm rolls around however..
    What'll happen at 6?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    What'll happen at 6?
    Majority of people finish work..

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Glad i didnt waste my time this morning then, 10% off, pffff crap no 10 year real bargins.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

No half price fruit and veg in glasnevin this morning. Is it only certain branches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭MuhammadUmar

Went to the lidl in Clonee area today and there was nothing special.

Normally Lidl has always great deals but today it was really nothing! Don't understand how they are celebrating 10 years being here in Ireland.

Even the fruits and Vegs were not half priced. Just regular 10%off the receipt....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah , not really much to get excited about ... although if you were doing your weekly shop and saved 10% fair enough.

I did pick up a bottle of this for €3.95 though !!!

Spanish Tarragona Gran Reserva

750ml
    Was €6.39 now €4.39 save €2
    €4.39 per 750ml
    Enjoy alcohol sensibly
    Visit www.drinkaware.ie
    Valid until 25.07.2010

Wk29_07343_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Was in Lidl Castlebar earlier, again, had nothing special on at all, just 10% off everything. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

redalan wrote: »
    No half price fruit and veg in glasnevin this morning. Is it only certain branches?

Yes only selected stores. Seems to be the oldest stores that have the offers (probably the ones that are actually 10 years old). All other stores just have the 10% off. In Galway the specials are only in the Headford Rd store for example (not in Briarhill/Westside)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Didn't see any notices in store about 10% off. Didn't think it had actually gone through at all. But just looked at my receipt there and 10% off :) Odd that it wasn't advertised more instore.

Odd that it wasn't advertised more instore.
    Jaysus! My local Lidl had signs everywhere.. and even a guy on the way in the door who handed me a catalogue and said that there was 10% off everything in store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Picked up the wireless keyboard/mouse pad for 36 quid. Didn't even know I needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

Nobody in Lidl this morning, got my 10% discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

10% off my weekly shopping is not to be sniffed at tbh.

It was quiet enough at 10am in Templemore. I reckon the place would be very busy once word got out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

What was the craic with the Golden Ticket? Anyone find one? :D

Advertisement