Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Steve wrote: »
    As long as it's not an actual knife or could be considered a weapon then it's fine.

Have you a link to one I could look at?

Here you go: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/trainingdummyknife.jpg/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

No worries there, fire away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 D.D.airsoft

Hey Steve,

A quick one for you, I have had someone offer me the asking price for a gun I have advertised but they want to pay me by postal order and then I'll send it by courier but someone else has offered me a little less but will meet me so much more secure and safer. Is it possible for me to go with the second one or am I breaking loads of rules? SOrry about this I'm fairly new to this:)

Thanks for any info

Hi D.D.

I'm assuming it's this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056314237

If so then it I'd say that seeing as the offer of asking + courier can't be fulfilled for 2 weeks, you'd be ok to accept the lower offer + meet.

It's a borderline case under the rules but that's my call on it. :)

Could you please tell me who gets 1st on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319051

Also what is now the asking price?

As richieffff & myself are not sure, thanks.

Could you please tell me who gets 1st on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319051

Also what is now the asking price?

As richieffff & myself are not sure, thanks.
    The best way to deal with these is to list the facts one by one and apply the rules. In this case:

1. nutzbutz: selling my Double Eagle ump for 120 euro.
    2. SEALs_Ireland: Offer €90euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    3. nutzbutz: i'll let you have it for E110 --- (asking price is now 110)
    4. SEALs_Ireland: offer €100euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    5. richieffff: I'll offer €110 pending inspection (conditional offer of asking)
    6. nutzbutz: offer accepted (deal done - end of)
    7. SEALs_Ireland: Offer of the full asking price of €120euros (Above asking, invalid)

The asking price remains at €110. The only way you could have bettered richieffff's offer is to have offered an unconditional offer of asking price before #6 above.

Hope that explains it. :)

The best way to deal with these is to list the facts one by one and apply the rules. In this case:

1. nutzbutz: selling my Double Eagle ump for 120 euro.
    2. SEALs_Ireland: Offer €90euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    3. nutzbutz: i'll let you have it for E110 --- (asking price is now 110)
    4. SEALs_Ireland: offer €100euros cash for the lot pending inspection (conditional offer below asking)
    5. richieffff: I'll offer €110 pending inspection (conditional offer of asking)
    6. nutzbutz: offer accepted (deal done - end of)
    7. SEALs_Ireland: Offer of the full asking price of €120euros (Above asking, invalid)

The asking price remains at €110. The only way you could have bettered richieffff's offer is to have offered an unconditional offer of asking price before #6 above.

Hope that explains it. :)

Fair enough, I accept the decision.

Thank you Steve & hope that things workout for you on this one richieffff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Fair enough, I accept the decision.

Thank you Steve & hope that things workout for you on this one richieffff :D

Thanks Steve and cheers SEALs, sorry about the whole situation :)

richieffff wrote: »
    Thanks Steve and cheers SEALs, sorry about the whole situation :)

We're cool man, just wanted this deal for the team & lost sight of everything else.

Wishing you well mate biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Could you please tell me who's first on this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319317&page=2

As I believe that I've made a better offer for the full asking price for all of the items listed on that thread, what ever the decision I'll accept it & have to ask to be sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Could you please tell me who's first on this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319317&page=2

As I believe that I've made a better offer for the full asking price for all of the items listed on that thread, what ever the decision I'll accept it & have to ask to be sure :D
    deburca offered asking first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Hi

I had a airsoft team, well kinda a team. I went and ordered stuff for kitting out the team for different styles and then it things did'nt quite get going.

Long and the short of it I am left with loads of airsoft stuff.

Goggles, trousers, BBs, Gas, loads a stuff.

Should I open a thread called "Shed load a stuff open to offers"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Techy_1

Techy_1 wrote: »
    Hi

I had a airsoft team, well kinda a team. I went and ordered stuff for kitting out the team for different styles and then it things did'nt quite get going.

Long and the short of it I am left with loads of airsoft stuff.

Goggles, trousers, BBs, Gas, loads a stuff.

Should I open a thread called "Shed load a stuff open to offers"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Techy_1

in order to be compliant with the rules you must post an asking price per item if selling indvidual parts/items or an overall price if selling as a whole.

thermo wrote: »
    in order to be compliant with the rules you must post an asking price per item if selling individual parts/items or an overall price if selling as a whole.

I could individualy price items.

So thats ok it go ahead and make the thread then yeah? (provided I ask prices for each item)

Techy_1 wrote: »
    I could individualy price items.

So thats ok it go ahead and make the thread then yeah? (provided I ask prices for each item)
    yes fire away, if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask :cool:

• Advertisement

Techy_1, just bear in mind that it'll be easier to keep track of if you split it up a bit - threads with lots of stuff bundled together can get messy and confusing. Either way is good as long as you keep on top of it. :)

Techy_1, just bear in mind that it'll be easier to keep track of if you split it up a bit - threads with lots of stuff bundled together can get messy and confusing. Either way is good as long as you keep on top of it. :)

Great thanks will split the amount in half and then post tomorrow

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Irish airsofter 1994

Am I aloud remove a gun from my tread and post it as a new tread as nobody's intrested in the clearout tread I have as I'm trying to get rid of it ASAP and it's bait meesy

Am I aloud remove a gun from my tread and post it as a new tread as nobody's intrested in the clearout tread I have as I'm trying to get rid of it ASAP and it's bait meesy

the reason you have no interest in the thread is because the price of the gear keeps going up and down.
    in one post you say €180 all in
    the next post is €190
    then you drop €10 off the m4 but add €10 to the acog price.

once you post a lower price that is the new asking, you cant put it back up then.

I'll leave the prices at the lowest sorry about this

• Advertisement

Quick question who gets the f2000 as it's a bit confusing

Quick question who gets the f2000 as it's a bit confusing

you by the looks of it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Jayo123

one question........why is there rules, can people not get on and do what they want at there own leasure?

We tried that years ago - it didn't work. If you pm me your bank account details, full name, date of birth and credit card numbers, I'll explain why. :)

Here is the thread in question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324

I've offer the asking price first & am getting no where on this thread, so who gets the item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Here is the thread in question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324

I've offer the asking price first & am getting no where on this thread, so who gets the item?
    New asking is 65 so you should get it right as Trueskill offered over the asking?

you, i have posted on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

Is there an age limit to sell airsoft gear, accessories, etc ?
    I realise that selling a gun would be different

Is there an age limit to sell airsoft gear, accessories, etc ?
    I realise that selling a gun would be different

for accessories,no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

ok thanks

• Advertisement

Just to expand on that, it's illegal to sell a RIF to anyone under the age of 16. So yes, there is an age limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Hey guys

I didn't want to start a thread for this but I've some stuff I want to sell and I'm not sure how much it's worth so I thought I should ask here before going and making a thread on it. I've a few pieces barely ever used. Never used in actual Airsoft games just used to fire at my little brother while he's mowing the lawn on occasion so no serious usage :)

I just took a picture of everything I have and hopefully you guys can give me some kind of idea what I should be asking for them.

Basically a Maurui SIG 552 and Glock 18 and a Gas blowback Glock 18.

Here's the pic

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I want to sell up my collection, the problem is I don't have access to a chrono. I remember the approximate muzzle velocity from the last time they were chronoed at a site (Last time I used them was about 4 months ago), is that sufficient?

(I was a regular player, not a collector or a plinker, and all items were almost always used at Cork Airsoft, and they chrono religiously, so I'm 100% positive that all items are below the 1J limit, but the only chrono results that I have off the top of my head are the likes of "Somewhere between 310 and 320")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

@ Ry..

Hey mate. As far as I know, you have to post prices you want when you start the thread, so I'd check online to see how much they are worth and then make the appropriate reduction based on age/condition etc.

Alternatively, post a price you would be happy to accept.. :)

That was my query what you guys think they'd be worth. I don't want to throw a thread up with stupid prices people think are too high or are too low so I thought I'd ask here first.

Ry wrote: »
    That was my query what you guys think they'd be worth. I don't want to throw a thread up with stupid prices people think are too high or are too low so I thought I'd ask here first.
    Rules here say you must have a price. Try starting a thread in Airsoft questions if you want to discuss the worth of items in general. :)

Rules here say you must have a price. Try starting a thread in Airsoft questions if you want to discuss the worth of items in general. :)

Yeh thanks man I wasn't sure where to ask that question so that's why I thought the adverts area was best suited. Not to worry I created the thread anyway and it's all up so thanks again for the help.

Big issue here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324&page=2
    thermo wrote: »
    the new asking price

oh no you dont thats over the asking

this is adverts, not ebay

this should be seal's deal

Would love to know why it took so long to address the above issues, how come I'm first in line & yet did not get this item?

Feeling cheated on this one & the report button seems to be broken on that thread as things have not been addressed to date mad.gif

Big issue here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324&page=2

Would love to know why it took so long to address the above issues, how come I'm first in line & yet did not get this item?

Feeling cheated on this one & the report button seems to be broken on that thread as things have not been addressed to date mad.gif

i responded to that thread as soon as i got the reported post update when i was online. that may not of been quick enough in this case but please remember, mods have a life outside of boards.ie and so for various reasons cannot be online 24/7.
    as for your claim that nothing has been addressed to date,in the case of the above thread the seller was fairly new if i remember correctly and was not aware of the full set of adverts rules. they have received a warning, we were all new here once and made mistakes!
    just because YOU are not aware of a warning, does not mean nothing has been done.

• Advertisement

Fair enough & thank you thermo :D

Hey I've a problem here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74101717&postcount=12

This dude made an offer. I accepted it and PM'd him but he's ignored all pm's and has been active posting elsewhere on the board in other adverts. Surely this isn't allowed. Making empty offers and then ignoring anything to do with them after? I'm not sure if I am supposed to hold on till he says yay or nay but at this stage it's been 2 and a half days without responding to numerous follow up Pm's to arrange finalising the deal. I'm gonna just reject his offer if it;s ok with you guys and bump the thread again to re-open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ry wrote: »
    Hey I've a problem here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74101717&postcount=12

This dude made an offer. I accepted it and PM'd him but he's ignored all pm's and has been active posting elsewhere on the board in other adverts. Surely this isn't allowed. Making empty offers and then ignoring anything to do with them after? I'm not sure if I am supposed to hold on till he says yay or nay but at this stage it's been 2 and a half days without responding to numerous follow up Pm's to arrange finalising the deal. I'm gonna just reject his offer if it;s ok with you guys and bump the thread again to re-open it.

Normally after two day i would place the item back on sale.
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Italianstyle

Hey guys just wondering, i have a full archery kit that i want to get rid of but i also want to use the money from it to buy more airsoft gear (gun and what not). I already have an ad in the acrhery section but seeing as i want to get more gear would i be able to post it in the airsoft adverts as a trade/swap?

If i cant its cool.

Under the forum rules, you can post a wanted ad for a specific airsoft item and offer other non airsoft stuff as a trade - but you can't post an ad offering to trade non airsoft stuff for 'something airsoft'. :)

Hope that explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Italianstyle

So can i put up an ad for 'sniper, support, vest etc airsoft equipment', seeing as im looking for more a less as much stuff as i can get and still offer my archery gear as a trade??

• Advertisement

So can i put up an ad for 'sniper, support, vest etc airsoft equipment', seeing as im looking for more a less as much stuff as i can get and still offer my archery gear as a trade??
    Best I can do there is to suggest you put up your wanted ad but include a link to your ad in Archery as to what you're offering for trade.

Archery equipment, like Airsoft and shooting, is restricted here and can only be advertised in the designated forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

I have a Gamo P-800 Air Pistol..I want to sell it but dont no if this is the right place..can you please advise me..Thanks

DamoNolan wrote: »
    I have a Gamo P-800 Air Pistol..I want to sell it but dont no if this is the right place..can you please advise me..Thanks
    If it's under the 1 joule rating then you can sell it here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Ok i have no idea what you mean..could you please explain it to me cheers

No prob. :)

Anything over 1 joule is legally classified as a firearm - that is what the shooting forum is for.

The 1 joule is the muzzle energy rating for the gun, it depends on two things.
    1. The weight of the projectile.
    2. The speed at which it's fired.

You can find a calculator for it here.

If you don't know the speed / bb weight then you can bring it to any Airsoft retailer and get it tested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement