Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Ireland rapper show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

not to assume anything , but couldn't redzer work and rap ?
    its not as if he would be working more than say 10 hours a day , right ?

he's pretty good (imo) and wouldn't like to see him quit just for the sake of a job ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Can't remember the whole story and maybe shouldn't be talking about it on a public forum but Redzer worked in an office for years, then got offered another job, for some reason it fell through so he'd to crawl back to his old employers on a temp basis. The guy hasn't been on the dole that long. He's talking about quitting for years. Had a few setbacks gig wise lately. Same with Siyo he worked at a rake of different jobs over the years and now he's a full time student. Not unusual for students to live at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxdeancxx

irish rap is getting big look up nugget irish tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

I've seen a lot of ignorance all over the net about this doc. People with the whole jobless wasters attitude. All the lads that i associate with a lot who appeared in this show worked full time for years from when i first knew them and got let go so now dedicate more time to music. Same as myself. Im well aware there are jobs out there.
    But after spending years getting qualified at a good trade a supermarket or any other normal low paid job just wont take me on. And its not for the want of trying.
    So now im back in college and i do some rap work shop projects with teenagers which pays well when i get it.
    As for the whole going without eating i wouldn't claim that i go a day without it. Neither did red. He said enda kenny has never had to choose between medicine or food. He didnt claim he did. He claimed people like him have to do that.
    As someone who pays bills, looks after a child and feeds myself on very little money there are times when something pops up and i havent ate too well for a few days. Not that my weight would show it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

We got Redzer starvin up in the glin ,
    Nuggets making millions out the Irish thing,
    Cloptrop just served 7 days for trolling him
    Hasnt eaten since he licked a tin.

I just been in my cell all week so I started writing my raps just like 2 pac would do. Why dont Irish rappers say Sup mo chairde instead of wassup homeeys, its much cooler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

redzer said HE has went without food for 3 or 4 days.
    tbh out of everyone redzer came out of that ok, apart from some ridiculous statements, but on a whole he came out ok.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cloptrop wrote: »
    We got Redzer starvin up in the glin ,
    Nuggets making millions out the Irish thing,
    Cloptrop just served 7 days for trolling him
    Hasnt eaten since he licked a tin.

I just been in my cell all week so I started writing my raps just like 2 pac would do. Why dont Irish rappers say Sup mo chairde instead of wassup homeeys, its much cooler.

Instead of writing raps and printing them on this thread, why not discuss the topic at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    redzer said HE has went without food for 3 or 4 days.
    tbh out of everyone redzer came out of that ok, apart from some ridiculous statements, but on a whole he came out ok.

So you know Redzzer then?

conor he didnt go without food for 3 or 4 days, even nugget is back tracking on his behalf.
    please dont reduce everything to a confrontation, dont sit there rolling your eyes, youve sat idle for 3 days while i was banned, your best mate has been sitting at home twiddling his thumbs with nothing to do while ive been off.
    now all of a sudden your back in confrontation mode, do me a favor, dont jump on me as soon as you disagree with something, its like your sitting there waiting for me to post, just to disagree with what it is im saying.
    if you feel he may have gone without food for 3 or 4 days, say hang on, maybe he did, then we can get a conversation going on it.

Ye, I don't care.

The bottom line is you don't know him so don't speak for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

I thought it was decent enough. Shame they couldn't get Rob Kelly on it for a different perspective (been to the States & England and worked with Artists).

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Instead of writing raps and printing them on this thread, why not discuss the topic at hand.

I did the the mo chairde bit. I wont take Irish hip hop seriouslly until its as gailge

Bubba shakespeare raps in Irish. It would help if you knew what you were talking about.

I will check him out

Others throw in the odd cúpla focal here and there too.

Cough cough hes **** cough

Ye, I don't care.

The bottom line is you don't know him so don't speak for him.
    ye you obviously do care, lets just put it this way, ill say what ever i want, and you ignore it, hows that sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

Check out The Animators Ireland. They are really good.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    ye you obviously do care, lets just put it this way, ill say what ever i want, and you ignore it, hows that sound?

Sure if you want to talk nonsense about what you don't know about you can.

• Advertisement

@moonbino
    ye seen them on the saturday night show, not bad, refreshing in the sense that i dont feel like slitting my wrists after listening to them.

Sure if you want to talk nonsense about what you don't know about you can.
    so lets wipe all discussion from the internet based on your theory, 99% of discussions on here are based on hear say, on things we dont really know about, on every forum for that matter.
    doesnt stop us talking about it, doesnt stop you telling us your opinion.

i know for a fact that redzer didnt starve for 4 days, nugget who is his mate said as much.

id say your young and naive, but i think you know your talking bollox, i think stubborn and pig headed is a better description.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

conor.hogan.2 & Hugh Cream - keep this on topic, and more of this carry on and there will be bans. If you want to respond, send it to me via PM, not on this thread.

Hearsay is fine, you stated it as fact which means you must know Redzzer.

You might want to spell properly before you call me young and naive. Insults, real mature.

Hearsay is fine, you stated it as fact which means you must know Redzzer.
    conor your talking bollox as usual.
    it is a fact that redzer did not go without food for 4 days, his mate said as much.

conor.hogan.2 & Hugh Cream - keep this on topic, and more of this carry on and there will be bans. If you want to respond, send it to me via PM, not on this thread.
    its on topic, were talking about the ireland rappers show.

• Advertisement

You might want to spell properly before you call me young and naive. Insults, real mature.
    i didnt say you were young and naive conor.

You're. Considering you are obsessed with age (when you have no other actual valid points to make) maybe you should act it and have a bit of cop on.

You insinuated it and you have said it before to me and others and you actually called me much worse as you have no actual points to make and have to resort to insults.

I am not responding anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Infraction and ban have been served.

Thank god I was off b eing busy today. Di dum di dum di dum dish . That was my version of 8 mile.
    Anyhu has anyone got a lin of this so called as gailge rapper rapping in Irish , All I can get is him rapping badly in english , maybe its his second language thats why he is bad .
    Im hoping hes good in his native tongue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Thank god I was off b eing busy today. Di dum di dum di dum dish . That was my version of 8 mile.
    Anyhu has anyone got a lin of this so called as gailge rapper rapping in Irish , All I can get is him rapping badly in english , maybe its his second language thats why he is bad .
    Im hoping hes good in his native tongue.

All i can get is you posting on this forum badly in english, do you know any irish?? perhaps you don't and that's why you can't understand him..

Fair play to GMC I thought he rapped better than Bubba in that, first time I have heard that song.

This is a live version.

A few more videos if you move around the related videos/search for them.

Some of Kíla's tunes are quite hip-hop like but they are not a hip-hop act.

Now thats Irish hip hop Connor , thatll sell in the states
    The black fella is awesome , Celtic warrior he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

That's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Let's be honest, none of the Irish MC's will become the next Eminem. There won't be another Eminem in America, and that scene is a lot more developed.

But at least the music is good and professional sounding. The music could be made with a shi*e load of interfence getting in, beats made by a 12 year old kid, the same kid who gets any 2Pac acapella, cut and pastes it onto a beat and uploads "Hate Me Now Nas ft 2Pac, Diddy, Eminem, Chingy, Ludacris, Twista."

The music is good. I've own GMC's Diggin' In The Hole, 2 Collie albums (I got to town, try ta get a ride but I can't :D) and a Class AZ album. I listen to the albums alongside my normal collection (US Hip-Hop, Bob Marley, Faithless) and they don't sound outta place in my eyes.

Exactly, my iPod could play Collie then Snoop then Cash and it is all good in its own way.

Anyone know the music program these lads use for recording their stuff , protools is like 600 quid and you need a box that costs around 300 to go with it, .
    Is there a good free recording program out there.

Most of them seem to have actual mics and a small studio on top of software not just a laptop and software.

Ive a cheap mic , I just want like an eight track sort of recording programme , to put bass guitar vocals etc down one at a time .
    I have no mates I have to play all the instruments by myself.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone know the music program these lads use for recording their stuff , protools is like 600 quid and you need a box that costs around 300 to go with it, .

They are using professional equipment and software.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    They are using professional equipment and software.
    So they are paying say 1000 quid on recording equiptment?
    Im just wondering is there a way to get it on the cheap , rappers being hustlers and all that .

As they showed in this Doc, nearly everybody who is good in Dublin recorded in Terawrizt place or in WCR place and class a'z were building an actual studio.

I presume the lads in Cork and elsewhere have a similar setup, as the quality the have does not come cheap so I doubt any could do it all on their own for long.

Ah I m not looking to make california love , has nobody got a program just to see what stuff sounds like that I can get for free , Im not expecting to release a single off it, just try out different ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

E-Jay hip-hop, a software programs which doesn't cost a lot, lets you make your own beat and lets you input your voice.

You'd need your own microphone, but there is no need to pay too much. Just make there is too much noise around you and you'll sound alright. I say around €25-€40 would be cool for a microphone, but I advise getting the crap ones for less money.

E-Jay hip-hop, a software programs which doesn't cost a lot, lets you make your own beat and lets you input your voice.

You'd need your own microphone, but there is no need to pay too much. Just make there is too much noise around you and you'll sound alright. I say around €25-€40 would be cool for a microphone, but I advise getting the crap ones for less money.

Deadly but id rather something that cost no money . I am gonna make a christmas number 1 and live off the royalties forever , microphone isnt important either , Im going to make white boy music like sweet home alabama or something ,

There are literally 100's of programs to do what you want, google and decide which one to download or buy/download.

There are literally 100's of programs to do what you want, google and decide which one to download or buy/download.
    Yeah they all seem to just give me a 14 day trial then try to bill me

Look harder.

Look harder.

Are you slagging my soft vision impairment?

• Advertisement

Fruity Loops have a free version, not a 14 day trial. But, you'll probably need to play with it for a while before you can get to grips with it.

The reason why Irish Hip Hop has become a bit more in the limelight now is in my opinion down to the production value that being is put in place. This has only happened in recent years, previoulsy, productionwise and sonicly, the music was horrible to listen to and very very basic.
    But you can see that people are investing more in the equipment and software side of things to improve thier craft. And it's paying off.

Advertisement