Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You 'feels' you lose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

13 yr old cancer patient gets to play with his heroes.
    S'cuse me as I go chop some onions...
    http://youtu.be/EubTOGR3PWk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm not even a dog fan and this got to me...
    Screen-Shot-2014-09-08-at-15.22.00-e1410186150549.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

^^^^^
    I recently had to put down my dog I had since I was 10 - absolutely bawling here ya bastard !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good Lord.. I work in a vet clinic and I see that on a regular basis and it got to me too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I lost. So much :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

^
    Ah seriously, that is heartbreaking. That last line, "I had a wonderful time", is so poignant. What more could a dog ask for? That will stick with me for a while :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Reading that while The Last of Us's opening is playing in another tab. Double feels. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'm an absolute sap at the best of times but that did nothing to me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I posted this in another thread also. Its a rare image of Ayrton Senna on the evening before he was killed on May 1st 1994. He is getting included in a photo of a wedded couple who were having their function at the same hotel he was staying at. Sadly missed. :(

321747.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Puppy reunited with man that rescued him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I've been listening to a lot of this guy's music recently, his stuff is on "The Leftovers" atm, but I thought this vid was very touching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm not even a dog fan and this got to me..

Life is pretty woof alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm not even a dog fan and this got to me...
    IMG

Awwww man, Im just popped in here to post the below and you made me burst into tears.

:(

Have some happies to counteract, needs sounds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Right in the feels

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/pic-sligo-gaa-team-pay-great-respect-to-deceased-team-mate-immediately-after-county-final-success/472369

In February this year, Calry/St Joseph’s GAA stalwart Gary Dillon passed away. The 31-year old, who had Cystic Fibrosis, was an active member of the club and as PRO he was central to the running of the club.
    Yesterday, Calry/St Joseph's beat Shamrock Gaels to claim the Sligo Intermediate title and the team made sure that Gary was part of the celebration. Immediately after the trophy ceremony, the team headed to Scarden graveyard where they posed for a picture with their departed friend.

5NA2Pc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

catallus wrote: »
    I've been listening to a lot of this guy's music recently, his stuff is on "The Leftovers" atm, but I thought this vid was very touching.

Been listening to a good bit of his stuff myself lately - outstanding music that can hit you in the feels itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

His wife died 20 years ago and he has been asking his daughter since she got married when they were having kids.

132924850615.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus that dog story.
    Not a single tear but I heard something break inside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

CPl Cirillo who was killed at the Memorial Statue in Ottawa, these are his dogs at his home, waiting for his return:

cirillo_memorial_20141023_topix_34815625.jpg?w=680

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

DazMarz wrote: »
    I remember seeing that before... but god damn it... it still gets me right in the feels... :(

And this comes as I'm already an emotional, sobbing wreckage after watching this...

Thank god I'm alone in the house tonight, because I'm sobbing like a baby here after all that. :(

The song in that clip, wow that would get you on it's own...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

right in the feels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The song in that clip, wow that would get you on it's own...

I just watched the full documentary on that called Bridegroom.

My god, it is just so heart-wrenchingly sad. The agony that Shane Bitney-Crone went through is something that nobody should have to experience; bad enough he lost the love of his life, but then for that loss to be compounded and augmented by the horrendous actions of Tom's parents/family... it is sickening. For him not to be able to attend Tom's funeral or to have a few final, precious minutes with the man whom he loved so dearly...

I cannot watch that film without getting all teared up and so on. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

This isn't a video or picture, but my mom rang me earlier and I ended up sitting on a bus with tears running down my face..

My uncle died in May, the day after his son Liam's 5th birthday.

Last weekend, my auntie and the kids were in Blackpool for a short break. As kids do, the lads were colouring away. Liam handed my auntie a card. He said the front was a drawing of his dad with a love heart around it.

Inside, though the spelling was a mess and half the letters were upside down, it read 'To mommy, we know you loved daddy. We miss him too. Love [Liam and his elder brother]'

God, I was in bits after that.

He was the oldest WWII veteran in Kentucky. And the oldest WWII veteran in the country.

Roscoe Cassidy, born in 1907, passed away at 107 years old on Tuesday, October 21. Cassidy reportedly told family “he always worried that because he had outlived so many of his friends, no one would come to his funeral.”

But he needn’t have worried. This is what his funeral looked like:

http://www.godfruits.com/7668/the-oldest-wwii-vet-was-terrified-and-thought-no-one-would-even-care-to-come-to-his-funeral-but-this-is-what-it-looked-like.php?ref=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sorry for posting a link, but if you click it and then follow the photos to the right it tells a lovely but sad story. :(
    LINK
    I lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

^^^
    Touching, but I couldn't help but laugh at how the presenter is whispering so as not to disrupt the class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It must be incredibly tough to stay positive when you can't express yourself. I'd imagine the frustration in wanting to understand things but not being capable is huge. Great to see the development and hopefully it continues because it's as close to being trapped within your own mind as it gets imo

• Advertisement

^^^
    Touching, but I couldn't help but laugh at how the presenter is whispering so as not to disrupt the class.

My own brother is profoundly deaf and also mute since birth so I have been living with it all my life.

Its funny but when I introduce my friends to him they still say "hi and how are you" aloud even though they know he can't hear. It's similar when the presenter is whispering in the video because I think it's just subconscious human behaviour to whisper in case she disrupts the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/this-fathers-final-lullaby-to-his-baby-son-is-heartbreaking-650997.html

My wife is currently expecting our second. Cant imagine having to go through what this lad did.

tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_neqg1codJS1shb0boo10_1280.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

B3idRg0CEAAv2KA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Never wanted to hug a kid so much in my life!:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Santa letter from a 7 year old Irish boy.
    B4qOMZ8CAAEqdvD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

061.png
    2b8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

7uNGFN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

im not even a fan of cats... but the feels are strong

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqqbgyssefs

awh man im welling up here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqqbgyssefs

awh man im welling up here!!

My chest is FEELs right now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

One of the saddest things I've ever seen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

:( then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

:( then :)

The delivery man has just spent a few minutes checking if I'm OK, and asking if there was someone he could call for me. I couldn't explain to him that I'd just been watching a beer ad as he rang the doorbell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

"The first image refers to pedophilia in the Vatican. Second child sexual abuse in tourism in Thailand, and the third refers to the war in Syria. The fourth image refers to the trafficking of organs on the black market, where most of the victims are children from poor countries; fifth refers to weapons free in the U.S.. And finally, the sixth image refers to obesity, blaming the big fast food companies.

The new series produced by Cuban artist Erik Ravelo was titled as "The untouchables", are photographs of children crucified for his supposed oppressors, each for a different reason and a clear message, seeks to reaffirm the right of children to be protected and report abuse suffered by them especially in countries such as Brazil, Syria, Thailand, United States and Japan"

1601266_10152393487790987_8327577495533895_n.jpg?oh=3afe24848173c91388fe4f55e0ddb128&oe=55942BAA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't get the fifth one, the one about guns in America, it doesn't make sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't get the fifth one, the one about guns in America, it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm guessing it's a nod towards Sandy Hook, Columbine, and the dozens of other school shootings that I never heard of at the time. The list is waaaay longer than I expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

CatFromHue wrote: »

surely its because so many children have died because of americas crazy attitude to guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

If you cry, you lose (I lost) Life lesson

Good for the heart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement