Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone updated their Fair Usage Policy for Fibre

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

GreyAlien wrote: »
    Sadly it mentions that the contents are confidential or legally privileged. It further states not to copy or forward the contents on. So I'm going to play it safe.

Going to keep an eye on my next bill, as I'm pretty certain I've gone over. Had to reinstall a lot of my steam library this month, on top of netflix and other users in the household.

Ah okay, that's no problem.

Let us know anyway how ye get on!

Here's hoping ye don't get charged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

It looks like they're now enforcing the fair use policy, which I've just found out about via this thread.

I've used ~330GB so far this month, and theyve throttled my connection to 2Mbps down and 1Mbps up with no warning, and I'm on their "Unlimited" package. No mention of their T's & C's changing, no comms at all.

Not a happy bunny!

I hit my 300gb limit sometime last week but I'm almost certain I've not been throttled, any slow speeds you experienced may have been a coincidence?

What I'm waiting for now is my bill, usually issued about the 10th of the month, to see if I'm being charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I hit my 300gb limit sometime last week but I'm almost certain I've not been throttled, any slow speeds you experienced may have been a coincidence?

What I'm waiting for now is my bill, usually issued about the 10th of the month, to see if I'm being charged extra.

Speeds are back up to normal now, so hopefully That was just a coincidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I am with Vodafone simply broadband fibre two months now, checked online Vodafone account and I downloaded/uploaded a total of 336GB

And yep, they have charged an extra 3 euro and something cents onto the bill

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

BArra wrote: »
    I am with Vodafone simply broadband fibre two months now, checked online Vodafone account and I downloaded/uploaded a total of 336GB

Yeah the overage is charged at 10 euro per additional 100gb.

Now that they are charging for excess usage would it not seem reasonable to introduce an addon for additional data? Eg 5 euro for an additional 200gb or something? I'm willing to pay a reasonable rate for higher data usage.

Or the standard FUP quota be 350GB , not 300 as per their 10e per 100gb excess charge

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭TinCanMan

When you log in to check your usage does it show as unlimited or 300Gb?

Where do you mean? When I log into Vodafone at home on the left it shows a pie chart showing % used with 300gb written by it

Where do you mean? When I log into Vodafone at home on the left it shows a pie chart showing % used with 300gb written by it

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Well got my bill for last month and no extra charges thankfully. Went over the 300Gb limit, on my account page it says 'unlimited'.

Well got my bill for last month and no extra charges thankfully. Went over the 300Gb limit, on my account page it says 'unlimited'.

When did you sign up for their broadband? It appears that accounts after a certain date have the 300Gb limit set. I signed up in January and also have the unlimited on my homepage, that's not to say that they wont try to charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

TinCanMan wrote: »
    When did you sign up for their broadband? It appears that accounts after a certain date have the 300Gb limit set. I signed up in January and also have the unlimited on my homepage, that's not to say that they wont try to charge.

I signed up in August 2013 for a 12 month contract. Even with an earlier contract, I was told conflicting information on whether the charges would apply to me.

I signed up in August 2013 for a 12 month contract. Even with an earlier contract, I was told conflicting information on whether the charges would apply to me.

How far did you go over last month? Like you I have received conflicting information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 will_forde

I have recently changed my package to broadband only last month and in my first new bill and I was charged €1 for going over the limit by only 10GB. It would have been a lot more if that was for a full month. If only i had noticed the change i would have never changed my package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

ED E wrote: »
    In fact we have, but you really have to take the p1ss to do it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92157473

Your Bill shows (12.32Gb) ;)

Also shouldnt it be the total less (whatever the total is? is it 12.32 or 1,231.82) the 300Gb allowance?

Looks like their units are not correct.
    Surely much like a Shelf edge label in a shop you are entitled to pay for the cheapest displayed price in this pay for 12.32Gb :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 BigP

I signed up for their unlimited eFibre in October. No mention of fair usage policies over the telephone. First bill on new package this month - €30 broadband charge. Absolutely dreading next month's :-( Does any one know if I have any chance of getting out of this 18 month contract?

doubt it, the agent on the phone said the same to me about unlimited

its in their terms and conditions that they had this FUP, even the legacy packages

Just wanted to let everyone know what happened when I went to ComReg with this. VF have removed my minimum term contract ("by way of a goodwill gesture") and I am free to leave. Fight the power!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

BigP wrote: »
    Just wanted to let everyone know what happened when I went to ComReg with this. VF have removed my minimum term contract ("by way of a goodwill gesture") and I am free to leave. Fight the power!

What did you say to ComReg? I wouldn't mind getting out of my contract and jumping ship to Sky.

Told them that VF never disclosed their fair usage policy when I was signing up last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just logged into my VF account and the 300g monthly allowance has changed to unlimited (simply broadband package) they must have dropped the FUP

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just logged into my VF account and the 300g monthly allowance has changed to unlimited (simply broadband package) they must have dropped the FUP

It was removed as part of their price increases this month.

Advertisement