Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite food after a nights drinking?

Options
  • 05-12-2007 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I'm just after finishing off my food after a nights drinking and was wondering what all you other boards chappies like to munch on after a hard session. Meself its gotta be either a chicken snack box from KFC or a taco fries and cheeseburger from Abrakebabra. Yum! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Doner kebab from..... anywhere, really.

Was in Edinburgh on the weekend and no food establishments were open at 3/4am, except for a bakery :eek: And all they had was meat pies... so had a turkey pie and a steak pie.

I seriously cannot mention turkey pie without feeling queasy now... I fear it is an affliction I will have to tackle with for the rest of my life. Oh dear god......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Vag.

your ma's vag

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Curry chips and a chicken burger from the local chippie. Some nights though we head to tesco and buy food and cook it in one of the lads houses. We haven't burned the place down........yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Donar Kebab! The only option.......taco fries a close second or maybe even as a side order with the kebab and a coke/pepsi.

What a way to an a nite!:D

P.S The kebab should be from a proper kebab shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Over in Barcelona during the summer there and after a nights session everyone goes for ice cream.....

Goes down pretty well!. Also think it eases the hangover slightly.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

For me it's the plain ol' curry chips and burger from the "Kebab house" if i'm out that side of town(Galway).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Curry chips and a chicken burger from the local chippie. Some nights though we head to tesco and buy food and cook it in one of the lads houses. We haven't burned the place down........yet.

Has to be curry chips from the '4 lights', nothing nicer after a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Taco fries from S'macs or chicken kebab from Charcoal Grill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nothing beats a 1 and 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    For me it's the plain ol' curry chips and burger from the "Kebab house" if i'm out that side of town(Galway).

kebab house ftw, their curry cheese chips are to die for
    Senna wrote: »

the 4 lights are nasty, if only mollys were open that late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Another Sligo man on here. Yeah the 4 lights curry chips are great. P Borza's are nice as well but they don't open that late and it's a bit out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A slice of bread folded over with some burger relish smeared in it is about all I can manage to create when drunk...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

A slice of bread folded over with some burger relish smeared in it is about all I can manage to create when drunk...

you ****er,
    i had a hernia operation a few days and your comic genius has resulted in immense pain,

and to answer the question a doner meat and chip from istanbul in waterford or anything from zaytoon if im in dublin and i've made some bloody long walks to get to both

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    the 4 lights are nasty, if only mollys were open that late.

Only thing i'd eat out of there is the curry chips. I'd say their burgers are 99% head meat.
    Another Sligo man on here. Yeah the 4 lights curry chips are great. P Borza's are nice as well but they don't open that late and it's a bit out of the way.

Letterkenny, but i've had their curry sauce down in sligo as well, after a night in the Embassy, its the same stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A trio from Charlies on Westmorland, or a doner from Zaytoon on Parliament St.

Being in Japan, I settle for a bowl of rice and beef, or some pork-filled doughy buns from the convenience stores!

Only thing i'd eat out of there is the curry chips. I'd say their burgers are 99% head meat.

I haven't been in Mollys in yonks. It wasn't too bad when I had it last if I remember correctly.
    Letterkenny, but i've had their curry sauce down in sligo as well, after a night in the Embassy, its the same stuff.

Ah, 'tis close enough. I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm ever out in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Would love to say Donor Kebab, but I normally end up with the carbonised remains of the dinner I did'nt come home for. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

A trio from Charlies on Westmorland, or a doner from Zaytoon on Parliament St.
    quote]
    1. Charlies is the place tbh
    2. Iskanders- any kebab would do :)
    3. Zaytoon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Döner box with lots of hot sauce....
    or toasted sausage sandwiches with lots of ketchup!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Cheese Chips, Curry Chips, Cheese Burger. Anything thats bad for you washed down with a nice glass of milk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

breast of chicken+chips from supermacs.
    seems to do the trick for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

doner kebab
    battered sausage
    garlic cheese chips.

roll home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Chip butty or chicken burger from abrakebabra....the only time I can ever step inside the kip is when I'm p1ssed! But it tastes goooooooodd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Charlies on Westmoreland Street, the one in Temple Bar is always messy busy at 2/2.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Garlic n cheese fries!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Quality wrote: »
    Garlic n cheese fries!!

+1. Quality thinking there Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

See if I eat after being out drinking (a lot) I'll be sick. So it's best to not have anything.
    The odd time I'll have toast (if I didn't have much to drink).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why are people saying Abrastababra when there are perfectly good Kebab Places like Iskanders and Zaytoon available?

It's a bleedin' outrage tbh.

Also, Charlies is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    Also, Charlies is good.

Charlie's ftw, even when sober

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Charlie's ftw, even when sober

QFT, they do a great Thai Red, and also, their Duck dishes are quality.

Advertisement