Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sorry again for bailing Aaron, but as I said those games were depressingly crap. Didn't matter what you and me did, we were ****ed :pac:

No worries. Was frustrating like hell. Started winning, ish, a few games now though. It helps when the other team are more interesting in MAVing their way to the top of buildings and doing feck all but snipe from up there. Just got my first freeze of the day... just as we were about to win :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I *might* be on after 11-11.30. I'll see how tired I'am by then and decide. Kinda want an early night sleep but at the same time, get a party going and rid of this losing disease we have and win whore :pac:

Few good games there lads, was most enjoyable and I say that as someone who usually hates playing Conquest Assault :) Good to see so many boardsies online and in the same match tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played an hour or 2 on Battlefield 2, things have definitely change for the better.

I do miss grapple hooks and zip lines. I also miss ships from 1942.

Planned to join you all tonight but got really nostalgic on 2 and lost track of time, i was also winning which was odd as it's been years since i last played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

i had to leave back BFBC2 because my internet connection kept dropping but it looked like a good game at the time. Im racing through Battlefield 3 and was thinking of going back to complete BFBC 2, do many people still play online ? would it be worth it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Hi guys. I'm usually one of those camped on a roof sniping but i'm ranked up and 9 times out of 10 i get stuck with a crap team that drive me nuts so i go solo. My regular squad have moved on to other games but i'm still hooked :P....Playing a lot of team deathmatch because i like taking tags, it drives lads nuts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Would anyone have a clue as to why I can't get into a game of this? Quick match, server browser, nothing works. Gets stuck on joining server and then tells me to check my connection.
    My PS3 is in a DMZ and I'm using opendns, other games work fine, just tried killzone 2 and BFBC2 and they worked.
    It's driving me mad.

EDIT: It started working shortly after i posted (typical) but I had no unlocks. When i quit and tried to join another game I got the same check your connection message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Is conquest assault a back to karkland only thing??
    Only downloaded it yesterday and was getting really confused when we were starting the game with all the objectives or the other team had them all i though my connection was just taking ages to connect or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Eire sun wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm usually one of those camped on a roof sniping but i'm ranked up and 9 times out of 10 i get stuck with a crap team that drive me nuts so i go solo. My regular squad have moved on to other games but i'm still hooked :P....Playing a lot of team deathmatch because i like taking tags, it drives lads nuts ;)
    I'm the same way.. tagging tanks & Helis.. don't you just hate it when your team plays it like it's COD and is more concerned about kills than completing the objectives.. I almost always have to leave my post and go solo...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

gazzamc wrote: »
    I'm the same way.. tagging tanks & Helis.. don't you just hate it when your team plays it like it's COD and is more concerned about kills than completing the objectives.. I almost always have to leave my post and go solo...

I hear ya gazzamc. I just gave up on it all and started playing team deathmatch. At least lads can't flip out when you run around behind them and take tags as that is partly the objective. Also lads can not spawn from you. In rush if you do manage to find a good covering spot other reckless knobs just keep getting killed and spawning back on you. How long is it before you will get discovered at that rate :mad: I usually just snipe now but lads still go mad when you get scores like 13-0 just because they can't be bothered to hunt you down. If someone snipes me you can be sure i'll go after him :eek:

• Advertisement

Gonna get some kip. Feckin late nights. Should be on say 7 tonight.

Gonna get some kip. Feckin late nights. Should be on say 7 tonight.

That'll learn ya for watching that Elimination Chamber ppv. Read the thread when I woke up for work at 6, seems like I can be glad I missed it.

Barring my housemates downloading again, I should be on tonight. Will be on until Raw methinks.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    That'll learn ya for watching that Elimination Chamber ppv. Read the thread when I woke up for work at 6, seems like I can be glad I missed it.

Barring my housemates downloading again, I should be on tonight. Will be on until Raw methinks.

Ah man... trying to find positives as to why you should watch it... but I honest to god can't :-/

2nd half of the Smackdown Chamber was decent, the rest of the card was seriously god awful. Fell asleep during Cena - Kane match. Thankfully going by comments in the thread. Hopefully catch ya later anyway.

edit - if you have Sky Sports, it'll be on at 9pm SS3 AFAIK.

Heading on at 8.

Jumping into a few games now.

Was killing a few boosters just there.

konrad2010 getting killed and sandalj doing the killing, not much point in BF3 but i had fun ruining their good time.

Join our game when you can, and if on the other team.. switch sides.

I won't be on for the next while until I either get this fcuking thing sorted or get my own connection. No idea which would be quickest time wise. A month or so to get it back to what it was and probably a week for the latter.

Will try for a few games in the afternoon tomorrow when no one is home. Hope I'll have better luck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Jesus I die a lot :-[

Jesus I die a lot :-[

When you hit 6000 gimme a call... you'd only be 25 behind me then :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry about the moaning fellas.

Early last week.. W/L - 2.31

Early this week.. W/L - 2.10

My K/D has gone up funnily enough. I don't get it. Might have to take a break from the game for a day or two. Seem to be in a losing rut lads, me moaning about it I'm sure is a headache for all. Got disconnected from the game on Wake Island (last game), funny enough my score again was very good and I think we had a chance of winning that... but now it counts as a loss. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sorry about the moaning fellas.

Early last week.. W/L - 2.31

Early this week.. W/L - 2.10

My K/D has gone up funnily enough. I don't get it. Might have to take a break from the game for a day or two. Seem to be in a losing rut lads, me moaning about it I'm sure is a headache for all. Got disconnected from the game on Wake Island (last game), funny enough my score again was very good and I think we had a chance of winning that... but now it counts as a loss. Go figure.

Felt sorry for yo there lad because we did win that one! :o

Off to bed on a winning note :D

Varik wrote: »
    Was killing a few boosters just there.

konrad2010 getting killed and sandalj doing the killing, not much point in BF3 but i had fun ruining their good time.

Ah that's great fun. Myself and Remi did a spot of booster killing a week or so ago. At the point in the game we were in there weren't any jeeps so running him over time and time again in a tank was quite difficult... yet hilarious :pac:

The Feb patch has been delayed :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

The Feb patch has been delayed :-/

What's the patch for?

Btw good games last night, despite your moaning about losing :D

What's the patch for?

Btw good games last night, despite your moaning about losing :D

Haha :D I'll be back on tonight, think some time away from the game will do me a world of good. I set myself targets in everything, was hoping to hit 2.5 W/L this week so to see it go the other way and so drastically was infuriating. As a few of the lads know, and something I admit to... I'm a W/L whore. I have a problem :pac:

Forget the actual patch notes, I'll look for it later. But it's mostly gun tweaks and what not.

Heading on for an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ah gwan sure!

I tried... lasted no more than 5 minutes. Lag is just ridiculous. Will be getting my own connection as soon as I can anyway. Can't stand these two lads downloading shyte 24/7 anymore. Can barely load up boards these days

• Advertisement

The lag on games today is a joke. Even the one I'm in now.

Grand for me.

Won back to back games there on my own. Played well. Good fun.

Sent you an invite as ye went off btw just incase you're wondering :p I'll be on tonight after the footy so will hopefully catch you guys then :)

Just crashed there so taking a break.

That's more like it :D Aim was back, 4 wins out of 5 and generally played well in all of them. Amazing what a wee break does for ya lol. Kharg Island game was really fun.

Shame about the last game on Metro, not much we could do. That tunnel and ticket/escalator area of the map is shocking these days. Used to be fun, but the frag round USAS spam is too overwhelming. Tonight was especially bad when we were attacking. Dare say the map is unplayable now? I reckon it is when attacking.

The sooner they nerf the USAS the better. I got so annoyed that I had to give them a taste of their own medicine. Even at that, I didn't enjoy that game.

Ye have no idea what cold turkey is like... and the fact that it is enforced. I got the shakes lads... THE SHAKES!!!

Tomorrow, after midnight, I'm ordering myself my own broadband line so I should be back in action by the end of next week. Hopefully anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Some good rounds last night. Have to agree with Ade last round on Metro sucked Donkey balls, turned into a USAS fest for the defenders.

Hey Kensutz did we not win the round in Kharg when we were the defending team. I thought we made an epic last stand on the last A mcomm, Its showing up on Battlelog as a loss???

Also noticed that kills made with the AA gun on Kharg when we were attacking dont seem to count on Battlelog:mad:

we just got the win i think just before the last few tickets :)

it was the same with the first set of mcoms in that game, we were down to the last few tickets and i was sitting next to the mcom armed and this swarm of orange arrows coming at me on the map from every direction :eek:

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Some good rounds last night. Have to agree with Ade last round on Metro sucked Donkey balls, turned into a USAS fest for the defenders.

Hey Kensutz did we not win the round in Kharg when we were the defending team. I thought we made an epic last stand on the last A mcomm, Its showing up on Battlelog as a loss???

Also noticed that kills made with the AA gun on Kharg when we were attacking dont seem to count on Battlelog:mad:

The A10 jet is glitched for some too. I'm sure I have at least 50 kills with it but it says on Battlelog that I have put in 3 mins or something like that of time playing in it and have 0 kills. Same case for Remi as well.

McMafia77 wrote: »

Yeah that was epic defending by us.

Thanks for clearing that up Johnny, I must of been shellshocked:D ye were coming at us from all angles, myself and kensutz were legging it around on the top floor like mad men trying to hold off attackers.

• Advertisement

I remember being absolutely sickened that they finally got up the steps and into the base. They had the tanks outside trying to get rid of us too but not much joy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

i see there are plenty of empty servers, does anyone have problems getting the ribbons ? Knifing 4 times is one of them I don't have and so is taking down 2 jets with stationary weapons so taking about turns would help a lot. what you think ?

It may be in the patch for the PC, but its extremely likely it will be included in the PS3 patch... Ade, you're not going to like this:
    The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process

Hopefully it still allows headshots, and that the running into a soldier means more the body...

aindriu80 wrote: »
    i see there are plenty of empty servers, does anyone have problems getting the ribbons ? Knifing 4 times is one of them I don't have and so is taking down 2 jets with stationary weapons so taking about turns would help a lot. what you think ?

You need to take out 2 vehicles and not 2 jets. The M-Com defender was the toughest.

You can only start a game when there are 6 players in the server.

And by-the-by you don't need to take down two jets with the stationary weapons you just have to get two kills. Take out a tank with a Kornet launcher or a TOW, or jump in a stationary AA and shoot down choppers/jets. Choppers are relatively easy to take down, as you can get kills on the pilot/gunner without taking out the chopper at all. Aim for the cockpit windows.

Piece of random information, both my longest headshot kills have come from being in the AA.

kensutz wrote: »
    You need to take out 2 vehicles and not 2 jets. The M-Com defender was the toughest.

M-com defender is ridiculously hard to get. I've only the one myself. Got it by placing C4 at every m-com during the match. That may be one of the reasons you see feckers camped in the corners of buildings with the m-com.

Also took me ages to get the suppression assist ribbon too. Got myself an LMG and fired everywhere but at the guy and let others kill him.. 7 times. Tough enough one, for me anyway

Thankfully I'm finished ribbon hunting now :) The medals will come eventually but not going out of my way to get them this time.

you should just get involved in a few games, great crack having some sort of familiarity with the opponents/ teammates and earning someone's tags 4 times will be a lot more entertaining and worthwhile than boosting for a ribbon

Nailed that m-com defender ribbon last night, what a pain in the swiss.
    Fcuk knows how Im going get the 6 air kills considering I cant fly for ****.
    Maybe I can Kamikaze my way to them:p

If you're looking for kamikaze tips, I'm your man :D Best bet is to jump into a Viper as passenger and just gun people down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement