Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i want to vote but i dont want to destroy the fact yay has 666 votes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

nerin wrote: »
    i want to vote but i dont want to destroy the fact yay has 666 votes:D

The poll is closed! :D

We need this forum to be honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

lol i just realised that when i could see the results i wasnt gonna be voting :D

if we ad a time machine i could go back and unmake that mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

1.21 GIGAWATTS!! This forum must be made, you'll thank me in 10 years!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What's 88mph in kmph ?

You'd get arrested for speeding each time too :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What's 88mph in kmph ?

141.6 km/h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Zaph wrote: »
    141.6 km/h

509760000 Meters per Second (I think)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

509760000 Meters per Second (I think)
    300000000m/s is the speed of light

so 88mph is faster than the speed of light , well that would explain the time travel.

And with all the to and froing the car would get very old, so stainless steel is a safe bet. - Remember that when buying microwaves !

Since microwave cavities resonate, should not something similar be done for time travel, or should we be looking at something that can resonate at the De Broglie of the object/person we wish to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Since microwave cavities resonate, should not something similar be done for time travel, or should we be looking at something that can resonate at the De Broglie of the object/person we wish to move.

I want racing stripes on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

And with all the to and froing the car would get very old, so stainless steel is a safe bet. - Remember that when buying microwaves !
    Not if you but the De Lorean 950 watt. Aluminium FTW and the door opens up.

Hagar wrote: »
    Not if you but the De Lorean 950 watt. Aluminium FTW and the door opens up.

I'm now planning on customizing my microwave with a gull-wing door.

Zaph wrote: »
    141.6 km/h
    or 236544FF (furlongs/fortnight), one of the lesser used SI units

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

furlongs/fortnight
    Made me lol! :D

Don't encourage him, since he went with the SI units he's had no scruples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it

How many barrels of motion lotion does the tank hold?

Are we talking
    Old US feet when they decolonised
    Metric US feet when they followed the French
    US geological survey feet
    Current US feet , whatever they are

Pairs of feet will become f*2,, football will be metricated.

So from now on the national game will be metreball (both gaeilge & as béarla) no more peál or football.

is maith liom beoir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

will the ball be square?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It'll be a circular-square.

I think you mean a square-circle, popularly abbreviated to the word 'squircle' in 2091.
    Have you been skipping future-history classes?

Professor Frink: (draws on chalkboard) Here is an ordinary square…
    Chief Wiggum: Whoa, whoa! Slow down, egghead!

Ruu wrote: »
    Professor Frink: (draws on chalkboard) Here is an ordinary square…
    Chief Wiggum: Whoa, whoa! Slow down, egghead!

:D love it.

Take that, stupid dimension!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Idiots!
    The ball will be spherically-cubic!
    026_lucky_nerd.jpg

kbannon wrote: »
    Idiots!
    The ball will be spherically-cubic!
    026_lucky_nerd.jpg

Glavin.

in the 3D world a circle + square = cylinder

when you treat time as a dimension then you get a hypercube / hypersphere combo - a hypercylinder

Problem is that it should have been a hypertorus if you wanted resonance :rolleyes:

in the 3D world a circle + square = cylinder

when you treat time as a dimension then you get a hypercube / hypersphere combo - a hypercylinder

Problem is that it should have been a hypertorus if you wanted resonance :rolleyes:
    No!
    You are using the original theory where you multiply a two dimensional object by another two dimensional object to arrive at a fourth dimension. A square (2D) and a circle (again 2D) multiplied does give 4D but not efficiently.

Further development using that theory involved folding or rather rolling up one of the objects and then multiplying it by the other. If you take the square and roll it up you get a tube. Then multiply it by the circle!

Still all this is redundant since it was shown to be flawed after those kids were fatally injured back in 2115 when their school tour bus imploded. As you know, nobody ever really found out the direct cause but it is widely attributed to kids activating the emergency door causing the multiplication to use decimals rather than integers. Simple but overseen flaw!

Since then everyone is using the more standard and trustworthy of quantum factoring to do a somewhat similar task!

Actually, just re-reading your post - you are adding and not multiplying. WTF are you playing at man?

kbannon wrote:
    As you know, nobody ever really found out the direct cause but it is widely attributed to kids activating the emergency door causing the multiplication to use decimals rather than integers. Simple but overseen flaw!
    Tell me all about it !
    Windows uses integers so scaling's a bitch. COme to think of it integers is what caused that problem with those 16384 x 12080, 480 inch displays. They was a bit of confusion over the use of unsigned integers during a patch update back on the 29th Feb 2044. The combined effect of 48 million holo projector fields flipping to negative pixels combined with the resulting power spike caused Manhatten to slip forward in time by a few microseconds. Unfortunately there was no displacement compensation mechanism as it was totally unforeseen and the celestial rotation meant it ended up in New Jersey, property rights took a long while to sort out and they cleaned up on out of state tax. But at least it lead to provisional Heisenberg compensators until they got the echnology to make real Heisenberg Compensators, and when they failed they tired continuity Heisenberg Compensators, fun for a while think of it as the dot com of the '40s

Would Bill & Ted be allowed to be discussed in this forum also?

*does air guitar*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Like, totally, dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

I have a headache now! :(

Can someone please pop back a few minutes, and warn me not to read anything kbannon and the capt'n have written in this thread! >.<

*does air guitar*

excellent idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

*does air guitar*

Wyld Stallyns rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Lad's, I just got the first post in the new forum under my belt, thought I'd pop back and let you all know.

Just wait till you see who got to moderate the forum. *sobs*:(

Just wait till you see who got to moderate the forum. *sobs*:(
    I'm not that bad, am I? <smells armpits>

Well I'm fuppin great. I got that new brainmod so I'm patched in even when I'm asleep.

• Advertisement

aren't you worried ?

I'm sure you got the revised brainmod that blocks the rootkit that led to the "word of mouth" spambot, but did you check for the undocumented feature added in 2256 in light of pre-patent laws ?

I googled it. Nothing came up. It never happened.

They use google too. And with the resources at their disposal they can go back to all the information leaks and once they are tidied up google becomes the new wikipedia

Any word on this yet? I might even have to call in the favour, never thought I would have to. :/

• Advertisement

lol, nay a peep Ruu! But we are a patient lot - for the future and the past belong to us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Well tbh we're only patient because that we already knew that it will have been created.
    :pac:

Macros42 wrote: »
    Well tbh we're only patient because that we already knew that it will have been created.
    :pac:
    That sentence is wrong on so many levels :pac:

That last virgin was too much for him, she dented his helmet and addled his brain ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Advertisement
Advertisement